ATF Type F

redwings

Is the Type F tranny fluid better or just as good than say Bel Ray(just an example) trans oil?? If so, I will switch in a heatbeat...cheaper and I don't have to drive 30 miles to get it.

I did some searches on the forum and people who use it like it...most use it because its cheaper and easy to get...you can get it at walmart...thats why im swithching :biggrin: :biggrin:

i have been thinking about using gm auto trak II in my tranny, but i can't seem to find anything about it, aside the temp and oxidation resistance. looking at the oil, it seems to be what I want, but I'd like to see some data, or hear if anyone has tried it; knows about it. :thanks:

edit:==> BTW, i emptied my case on the ground when loading, because the vent came out, so i was thinking of buying it tomorrow. if anyone knows a reason why not to use it, I'd appreciate it, before it's too late. :thumbsup:

Edited by AKheathen

interesting, so you just drain your clutch oil, and put in some ATF type F?

thats it..?

I like that idea, I change my clutch oil about every third time of riding, yamalube gets expensive.

Edited by Overboost

I switched to ATF Type F and haven't had a problem yet, I was running spectro gear saver.Works the same just have to change it more frequently. Found out about the ATF and won't go back, eff that 8 buck a quart shit I'll stick with the 2.50 a quart stuff :thumbsup: .

Overboost said he changes his every third ride with yamalube. Talk about emptying your wallet pretty quick, with the cost of 2 stroke oil up to 10 bucks a pint and 93 octane still at 2 bucks a gallon.

Overboost said he changes his every third ride with yamalube. Talk about emptying your wallet pretty quick, with the cost of 2 stroke oil up to 10 bucks a pint and 93 octane still at 2 bucks a gallon.

yea, but 1 gallong will give me my 3 changes. I dont ride every weekend so 1 gallon will last me most of the season.

ride about 2 weekends a month for 4-5 months, weather permitting. not as pricey as you think

and definatly not as costly as changing out shit that breaks because of dirty oil.

yea, but 1 gallong will give me my 3 changes. I dont ride every weekend so 1 gallon will last me most of the season.

Most people don't buy gallon jugs, usually just the quarts.

For the people who ride every weekend or more ATF would be a cheaper alternative, and as long as you keep up on it you won't have a problem with dirty oil. Parts breaking because of dirty oil is caused by rider ignorance.