Check out my trick water bottle bracket

lokisbuddy

whats that bottle thing for?

You talkin' about the coolant overflow resevoir? I just left it hooked up I mean they have them stock on just about everything with a radiator must serve some purpose right? If not I will unhook it and use it as a spare fuel tank :biggrin:

thats what my 97 had when i got it, i didnt like it so i bought the modquad bracket. the coolant bottle must be connected and able to return fluid, when i blasted out both my bikes, i tested it by spraying water into the overflow bottle, and it did come out of the radiator or cylinder drain holes, i forgot which.

thats what my 97 had when i got it, i didnt like it so i bought the modquad bracket. the coolant bottle must be connected and able to return fluid, when i blasted out both my bikes, i tested it by spraying water into the overflow bottle, and it did come out of the radiator or cylinder drain holes, i forgot which.

The coolant bottle just caught overflow for me, didn't return shit. I took it off, and re-routed the overflow tube to up under the frame between the tires. If you want to see if you're overheating you just stop, look at the ground under the overflow and if it's dripping you must be getting warm. If your spraying the ground you may want to cool the ole girl down. The coolant bottle is junk.

if i want to know if im overheating, i just look down to the right at my temp gauge :cool:

I can usually smell it. i know i'm odd but the engine gives off a certain smell when it gets really hot. plus you should know how your bike feels when its at operating temp. how hot the pipes are ect. I dunno how to explain, ya just get the feel for it.

Fuel filters are a bad idea. It may catch things you dont want in your motor, but if your careful, have a clean tank, drain it when its going to be sitting for a long time, and have good clean gas you "shouldn't" have any problems with junk in your gas.

They are REALLY BAD because once they catch all that junk! they are nothing but a clog in your gas line. then ur carbs run short of gas, then your engine is starved and running lean. DEN GO BOOM! theoredicly<sp>that is.