4 mil. porting?

nitrocircus

im new at bansheehq and am in the middle of building my first banshee, anyways, i was wondering if it is crucial to port for a 4mill. 115mm long rod crank?? any advice would help, thank you

It is almost pointless to do a stroker kit w/o porting your cylinders...... when the pistons are travling further up & down u need to open the ports & let the motor breath more to unleash the power... more fuel & air ='s more HP and u also need to port match the upper case to the ported cylinders

Just my thoughts

im new at bansheehq and am in the middle of building my first banshee, anyways, i was wondering if it is crucial to port for a 4mill. 115mm long rod crank?? any advice would help, thank you

Two ways to do it. Run a spacer plate under the jugs to raise your port timings and increase your cylinder volume for the increased stroke. Or run custom cut domes for the increased stroke and port for the correct timings.

Spacer = poor man's stroker, so to speak

Cut domes and porting = the more efficient (less chance for air leak) and most builders will say that they can get the most power out of doing it this way,

May come down to personal preference or personal choice. I went with cut domes and porting by HJR and couldn't be happier.

SP

Yes, you will need to get new porting to match the 4 Mil...probably end up getting new cylinders so that the builder is able to port exactly to the 4 Mil. The dune port you have now, will probably not match the added stroke properly and performance would be down, IMO

Edited by Dinner

I agree ^^^^^^^^

Get yourself a set of dial calipers that has a depth rod on it.

Call a builder and they will tell you what to measure to find the

current port timing. They will tell you if they can get it ported properly

for the 4mil crank. Then you can decide how to go from there.

There are plenty of builders here on this site that will be willing to

help you out with this.

There is a good chance that your transfer port timing will be too high for the stroker setup, and no chance of running those cylinders with a spacer plate. I would need to know what the measurement is from the deck to the roof of your transfer ports to tell you if they can be used with the stroker crank.

Call me dumb but where are the deck and transfer points at on the cylinders?

I have a 4 mill and ported stock cylinders. Got the stroker (ran for a year) then got the porting last year. Used offset ristpin pistons and thin plate. Did dyno runs both years and was falling on its face. Both years showed significant gains though. Could this be a timing issue as far as the ports? Thinking is electrical but after looking more into it am starting to think its my porting. Am goin to run the stock ristpin location pistons and the thicker plate this year. (got a deal on the piston kit)