4mil vs 10mil

kingkong

well i finally got 2 see the difference between a 4mil and a 10mil. dammm. i have a 4mil cheetah that runs pretty dam good and raced a 10 mil cub sunday... asphault 1/8 mile....who ever said there is little difference between a 10 and a 4 is a lie. this guy spotted my bike at least 15bikes and caught me before the 1/8 mile..long before the 1/8...i dont have the fastest 4mil but it do run alrite..in my opinion a 4mil should never pull up besides a 10mil hahaha...im sure there are some 4mils that can hang but very few..

• Like 1

you have to take alot of things in consideration on that,builders,alky or gas,setup,etc....i have raced 10mils with my 4mil and also rode the guy who does my motors banshee which has a 10mil and i believe there just isn't much difference

I will agree. 4-14mill cubs there is very little difference..

I have run both 4mill cubs and 10mill cubs you can tell the 10mill makes more power but its not that big of a jump

the 10mm will make more power. most people wont notice the difference.

i run a 10mm so that i can run the tallest gearing possible for hillclimbing. that extra power helps me get off the line better with higher gearing.

i switched from a 4mm to a 10mm in the same bike. its a lot easier to tell the difference when the setup is the same.

Shouldn't a 10 mil be good for about a tenth over a 4 mil in 300ft? (same setup, etc.) I don't think my 4 mil stock chassis will every see 3s (with me on it), but I'd like to think with a good 10 mil in the same chassis I could run 3.90s all day long.

Shouldn't a 10 mil be good for about a tenth over a 4 mil in 300ft? (same setup, etc.) I don't think my 4 mil stock chassis will every see 3s (with me on it), but I'd like to think with a good 10 mil in the same chassis I could run 3.90s all day long.

Im pretty sure you should see close to a tenth

• Like 1

well.. we'll see what the difference is this next season.. a 10mil cub is going into my old stock chassis with identical setup that my 4mil ran low 4.1's with. Motor is being built by the same builder also.

Should be a interesting season all around for us MI boys! :evil:

you gonna whip daves ass??

well.. we'll see what the difference is this next season.. a 10mil cub is going into my old stock chassis with identical setup that my 4mil ran low 4.1's with. Motor is being built by the same builder also.

Should be a interesting season all around for us MI boys! :evil:

Who is the builder if you dont mind me asking?