4mil vs 10mil

kingkong

well mine is a trinity 421 cheetah..its not drag ported its trail ported. we both on stock frames..mine is on gas and his is on alcohol.. his is fully drag ported and built by k@t.. his run a 6.25 in the 1/8 mile..im sure sum 4 mils can run that time..dont know what mine run cause it havent been to the track yet..300ft on dirt might not be a whole lot of difference but 660ft on asphault is a helluva difference...if you can run a taller gear you automatically gn be faster..just my opinion...

well mine is a trinity 421 cheetah..its not drag ported its trail ported. we both on stock frames..mine is on gas and his is on alcohol.. his is fully drag ported and built by k@t.. his run a 6.25 in the 1/8 mile..im sure sum 4 mils can run that time..dont know what mine run cause it havent been to the track yet..300ft on dirt might not be a whole lot of difference but 660ft on asphault is a helluva difference...if you can run a taller gear you automatically gn be faster..just my opinion...

If yours was on methanol and drag ported ou'd probly have close to 15% more power than you have now.

well.. we'll see what the difference is this next season.. a 10mil cub is going into my old stock chassis with identical setup that my 4mil ran low 4.1's with. Motor is being built by the same builder also.

Should be a interesting season all around for us MI boys! :evil:

Yes it should be very interesting. Isn't Dave doin some secretive shit? haha

Yall need to make it to Gilbert this year, Dave already said he couldn't go.

Well basically he should have smoked you. The bikes arent even comparable. If yours was fully drag ported by a good builder and lightened and on alky should have been a decent race. But your no where near comparing apples to apples there.

dave and I run at the track all the time, both on lightened stock frames and both of us over 240lbs... we trade wins back and forth.... me on a 4 cub and him on a 10 cub..... only thing different is mine is drag ported and his was clean up ported.....

rumor has it his is ported now and my bro bought mine so I could go bigger.... cant wait to see how close they are this year....

ive seen 4mm's and 10mm's on the dyno, the power in the 10mm's are much more given the same mods... ive seen a 10mm cub hit in the low 120's without the spray, and one 4mm cub hit 109 without spray.. on the same dyno same day.. the torque numbers were much better on the 10mm being in the mid high 60's with the 4mm in the high 50's in torque..

they both had pretty much the same set ups.. 68mm bores, cpi pipes, 2-5 overrides, lockups, pvl's ect.. they both had the bottle but neither were dyno'd on it..

dyno numbers are just for say so, but they do tranfer to how a bike will perform on the track and that i havent seen either of those bikes show up at the same time to the same places..

the seat of the pants dyno.. you may not notice the differences.. but then again with the bigger motor you can turn more tire and gearing resulting in a time on a track which will end up being faster

the next thing would be to come down to the riders..