+4 swinger

so im thinkin about gettin a longer swingarm but im not totally sure if +4 is the way i wanna go or not. i USED to just dune my bike and would hardly race or do tree shots, but since ive had my bike ported im wanting to do more of both of those things. im just unsure of how well a longer swing arm will hold up with jumping (see sig)?

right now i have a stock swing arm and 20x10x10 10 paddle haulers, what im thinkin' about doin is switching to a +4 swinger and goin with a 22x11x10 10 paddle hauler to keep some of the dunability and still get more traction.

what do you guys think? :shrug:

i dont do any jumping anymore unless my shit is gusseted. i bent the fuck out of two heavy duty chromoly swingarms a couple seasons ago. after that, i said fuck it and started building my own.

n108001394_30345783_6625.jpg

thats what i was afraid of happening, but don't you run a longer swing arm than a +4? i mean, i would think there wouldn't be as much leverage on a +4 to make it bend or twist, right? maybe i should just go with a +2? :shrug:

thats what i was afraid of happening, but don't you run a longer swing arm than a +4? i mean, i would think there wouldn't be as much leverage on a +4 to make it bend or twist, right? maybe i should just go with a +2? :shrug:

the two i bent were +4. the one i run now is a +6. no way ill ever run a swingarm again without the gusset. its just not worth it.

so im thinkin about gettin a longer swingarm but im not totally sure if +4 is the way i wanna go or not. i USED to just dune my bike and would hardly race or do tree shots, but since ive had my bike ported im wanting to do more of both of those things. im just unsure of how well a longer swing arm will hold up with jumping (see sig)?

right now i have a stock swing arm and 20x10x10 10 paddle haulers, what im thinkin' about doin is switching to a +4 swinger and goin with a 22x11x10 10 paddle hauler to keep some of the dunability and still get more traction.

what do you guys think? :shrug:

i went with a +6 and for what i do, i though i should have went with a +4

after riding a friends bike with a +2.. thats what i feel like i should have went with.

the longer the swing arm better for just drag racing i feel or just hill climbing.

a +2 will help you out on your hole shot some and you will thank your self for not

going any longer for the fun factor of a shorter swing for carving and jumping etc.

im after a +2 for what i am doing at this point.will keep the +6 though for drag.

only takes an hour to change evey thing out depending on what type riding your doing.

the two i bent were +4. no way ill ever run a swingarm again without the gusset. its just not worth it.

damn!! well thats not what i wanted to hear. guess i'll just stick with the stock swingarm for a while and see how things go. thanks for the input fellas.

damn!! well thats not what i wanted to hear. guess i'll just stick with the stock swingarm for a while and see how things go. thanks for the input fellas.

if you like to carve and jump as i can tell you do i would stay stock maybe +2

if you drag race mostly i would stretch it to atleast +4 maybe +6

i think the +2 is the happy medium for both,will still handle and jump decent,

and will be more effective on a hole shot than stock.

ive seen some guys do pretty good with a +2 just put your nuts on the gas cap when launching.

kinda like riding a cr 500 you have to have yer nuts on the gas cap when in the throttle.

got any proof? :cool: pictures/videos?

not ATM but i should this weekend. Its kinda hard to video myself and jump, and i dont trust any random person here to do it for me, with my camera. they really arent far jumps here but they are pretty harsh on suspension when you land from that high on relativly flat ground. i can hang with my YFZ 450 friends with. i just hurts a lil more and the suspension bottoms out a lil, OK.. A LOT more.

i say you go for it.

look at avenger they make sick arms