lockout clutch

killshee

how do they work and what is the benifit of them also what is a pancake barring just trying to learn comething new been thinking about doing some upgrades

i wouldnt recommend a lockout for your mods posted in your sig, lockouts are for higher HP bikes.

but i would highly recommend a pancake bearing, its more of insurance then anything, somewhat smoother shifting also. i put them in all my banshee motors, banshee's are known to weld the clutch rod to the ball, therefore destroying your case. :confused:

hope this helps.

PardeeBoy Racing

i did do a search and i didnt find anything do u have a link to a good thread ..... also what would u recomend to me i am running brand new plates and all six brand new HD springs with sea 10w30 and my clutch is ajusted so there is no pressure on the push rod ....(1/8) wiggle in the lever. and it still gives in the higher gears also .... i plan on porting and going to a 4mill as soon as i have the money..... as for the pancake barring ok so u say i need one thats a plus but what do they do

i did do a search and i didnt find anything do u have a link to a good thread ..... also what would u recomend to me i am running brand new plates and all six brand new HD springs with sea 10w30 and my clutch is ajusted so there is no pressure on the push rod ....(1/8) wiggle in the lever. and it still gives in the higher gears also .... i plan on porting and going to a 4mill as soon as i have the money..... as for the pancake barring ok so u say i need one thats a plus but what do they do

First I have to say thats a great ass. I would buy a lockout when you go to a 4 mil. I had nothing but problems with the stock clutch set up, and when you lose a clutch plate you are going to lose the plastic water pump gear and prob the crank seal which means splitting the cases. I would also think about a billet basket, just speaking from experience.

A pancake bearing will not help it shift any better...it ONLY prevents welding the ball to the rod.

It really all depends on what you want to do, but I'd agree...at this stage in your game (current list of mods) a lockup would be pointless.

http://www.bossatvracing.com/index.php?mai...;products_id=17