DMC 916's

92 Z71

i just put my hand at the bottom of the pipe and and i can even fell it being ruff and not smooth

You do realize that welds are not smooth right? You should feel a bit more than dry oil, there should be noticable air being pushed out the leaks.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that If you bought those pipes brand new from them that they are still under warranty.

I checked out the website and found this.

As long as we have the RMA code on our boxes when we get them it should not be a problem.

The below info is off the DMC website:

Returns will only be accepted for new items within 30 days from purchase date and must include a copy of the original DMC invoice and an RMA number plainly visible on the outside of the package.

DMC is not responsible for items returned without an RMA number plainly visible on the OUTSIDE of the return package. The condition of all returned item(s) will be examined upon arrival at our warehouse. After we accept your return, the credit card originally used to pay for your order will be credited for the purchase price of the item and any applicable sales tax, less a 20% restock charge.

As long as the stuff is brought to thier attention they should honor the Warranty I would think.

Edited by R. Rollins

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know:

I feel your pain man.

Im dreading trying to dial in the jetting all over again for them but I needed to do it any how as the K& N air filter will be going on at the same time.

If we dont hear anything by the end of the month I would be suprised as last week they were supposedly finishing the end caps for the mufflers.

Maybe it will meet the 2010 noise restrictions.......(NOT)....lol

Tammy will let us know soon we all hope.

Ray sends...... :confused: :ermm: :unsure:

I will have her call them today,and get some info.

Please keep in mind "WE" are not building these.

We are merely distributing them to you guys.I cant control, or push their manufacturing time.

We tell you what they tell us.

That is all I can do is what they tell me.

However, you guys feel free to give them a call too,and ask them why they are taking so long.

Just be polite and proffesional about it :biggrin:

Edited by 2twin350s

I just spoke with "

Kellen Kerbs

Inside Sales

Advantage Performance Distributing

He tells me that some small part went on back order and that it will take two or three more weeks to get them finished.

Man ohhh man.

Also they have no info on noise testing done on them but that they are far the loudest pipes they have.

I asked him on sound arresters for the pipes and he said thay they are working on those as well.

Patience I guess Is all we have left.

Quote...........No need for concern.

We spoke with them Last Friday the 13th.

They said 2-3 weeks. Probably 2 weeks.

Keep in Mind it will take us 3-5 days to box and ship out all 12 sets.

As soon as they get here, We will post pics..

Mountain of Chrome..Yumm

I don't understand, hows come you will be packaging up the pipes, seems like the company would be doing that as soon as their done with them. Hope their careful shuffling them around!! :biggrin:

I called them also last week, just to see feel them out and was told another 2-3 weeks. I guess I might as well put my bike back together for our May 17th ride. I hope their not changing the way they sound in any way, cause that would be defeating the purpous of buying them.

Quote...........No need for concern.

We spoke with them Last Friday the 13th.

They said 2-3 weeks. Probably 2 weeks.

Keep in Mind it will take us 3-5 days to box and ship out all 12 sets.

As soon as they get here, We will post pics..

Mountain of Chrome..Yumm

I don't understand, hows come you will be packaging up the pipes, seems like the company would be doing that as soon as their done with them. Hope their careful shuffling them around!! :biggrin:

I called them also last week, just to see feel them out and was told another 2-3 weeks. I guess I might as well put my bike back together for our May 17th ride. I hope their not changing the way they sound in any way, cause that would be defeating the purpous of buying them.

You mean our May 16th ride :biggrin: How much do you want for your T5's? But hell, the way it's goin I may beable to buy a set of the 916's without even pre-paying...lol

Invoice:

Shouldnt the invoice come from 2twin350 to you being as he is the distributer and you the buyer?

I dont know but they should get back to you soon.

Its a long waiting game with these pipes. Way longer than expected.

Once they come in, they will contact everyone and send out invoices for final payment for those

who still have an outstanding remaining balance.

:cool:

Invoice:

Shouldnt the invoice come from 2twin350 to you being as he is the distributer and you the buyer?

I dont know but they should get back to you soon.

Its a long waiting game with these pipes. Way longer than expected.

Once they come in, they will contact everyone and send out invoices for final payment for those

who still have an outstanding remaining balance.

:cool:

so whats the deal on these dudes

can we order and get them on our own?

Edited by MudSlinger09

You can get a set from "2twin350s".

I believe that one guy got a refund so there is one extra set I think available at the club price if they still havent sold them to someone else.

Just PM him and see.

If they dont have a set then they will be more expensive for the pipes.

The last word we heard was three more weeks and they will be done making them.

:ermm:

Edited by R. Rollins