DMC 916's

92 Z71

I finally got mine and the pipes are way cloudy on the chrome finish. They look like they have a spraycan finish, all dull looking and have scratches all over them from them being bent to weld together.

I got on the DMC website and of course the ones on the website are way shiney and the chrome is perfect.

Im calling them on these pipes as these look like the cheap finish that the FMF fatty pipes have on them.

They barely have any chrome on them at all.

I must thank Tammy and her husband for all thier help getting these pipes for us. I am just not happy with the finish that the pipes have on them.

:down:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yea Ill sell you my new ones.

I just got them in the mail today brand new.

They are not the show chrome I thought they were as the website shows.

Included would be the u.s. forest service approved spark arrestor as well.

Let me know if you are interested.

If not then I will return mine.

I spoke to a Chris Robinson up at DMC about the chrome issue and he said that they no longer do the show chrome finish and that the photo was from 6 years ago that is on the website.He also stated that they were going to remove those photos from the website as they dont do these in the high gloss show chrome any longer.

Its really misleading I told him.

He simply said for me to return them to Tammy (250R chick) for a refund.

I told him that even the directions for installation show up as a show chrome finish on the black and white paper its copied on.

Any how I will sell these pipes with spark arrester for exactly what I have in them.

I bought a brand new Banshee and was going to put these on it but I want it to shine and perform.

Let me know ASAP.

Edited by R. Rollins

Sorry to see you are making judgements on the appearence of them... :ermm:

Show chrome is nice...but they seem to be nickel plated, which IMO holds up better than chrome.

I mounted and have been tuning ours...The fugger is wheeling to the sky in 3rd and 4th gear,and my jetting still aint just right yet....

Sorry you wont even try them out..

Well Im researching chrome shops here in Denver before I decide to ship them back to you.

Ill let you know sometime today.

If I hadent waited 20 years to finally get to own a new Banshee I wouldnt care much about the appearance.

After speaking to Chris Robinson about it and him being so smug about the whole thing It torqued my jaws abit about the failure of the company to disclose the fact that they no longer made them in show Chrome.

Its Chris Robinson at "DMC" that really got my goat. For DMC to even show the pipes shiney and deliver a product less than that and expect "250rchick and her husband to simply bite the bullit as a dealer on this fact to thier customers like me who dont like the product results is crappy business ethics in my opinion.

I am still in search of another option for the moment Tammy.

I will let you know today.....Thanks

Well Im researching chrome shops here in Denver before I decide to ship them back to you.

Ill let you know sometime today.

If I hadent waited 20 years to finally get to own a new Banshee I wouldnt care much about the appearance.

After speaking to Chris Robinson about it and him being so smug about the whole thing It torqued my jaws abit about the failure of the company to disclose the fact that they no longer made them in show Chrome.

Its Chris Robinson at "DMC" that really got my goat. For DMC to even show the pipes shiney and deliver a product less than that and expect "250rchick and her husband to simply bite the bullit as a dealer on this fact to thier customers like me who dont like the product results is crappy business ethics in my opinion.

I am still in search of another option for the moment Tammy.

I will let you know today.....Thanks

dude do you need a tampon or some midol? you've done nothing but bitch about something in this thread. its a part of life sometimes you have to wait for things, as people aren't magic and can't snap their fingers and make things all better. shit happens parts get delayed over stupid simple stuff at times. alot of companies are very busy, they can't just up and put priorities on things like some pictures on their site, when they have more important things to worry about. seems if you don't get your way you throw a fit like some little kid who didn't get a toy he wanted.

you've yet to even try the pipes and just sit there and complain. i know damn well if you tried them you'd not being crying as much as you are for a fact. heres a little tip for you, appearance doesn't make you faster, just makes you look like a dumb ass when you get smoked by something that looks like complete shit. also for you to be concerned about 'appearance' its funny you have the factory stock picture as your avatar, instead of your banshee. guess yours must not look great appearance wise, else you'd show it.

Mind your own business smart ass.

Ill bet if you had just shelled out over 550 bucks you would bitch about not getting what you had thought you had ordered according to the damned Display photos:

Just shut the hell up and stick your nose up someone elses ass because this is none of your business.

So pipe down piss aunt.

Yeah I didn't have to shell out $550, because I got mine for $500 when they were still being made. Then again I didn't have to wait 20 years to get a banshee either. Might wanna go bitch that you gave all that money for a brand new stock bike that won't fall out of a tree when you could have bought 1 already built for much less. Finish on those pipes aren't that bad, not as nice as mine, but hey sucks for you had to wait till after they done quit making them huh.

Yes I spent alot of cash for a brand new Banshee:

I did it because I could.

Its the same reason people buy new cars and have them depreciate when they drive them off the lot.

Because they can.

You already have your shiney pipes so fuck off.

Put old scuffed up and tore up from the floor up used parts on your bike all you want.

I have a beater banshee and a new one. Noone else cares but me.

I dont have to impress anyone but myself. Right now I have some old painted T-5 pipes and by god I wanted some friggin Chrome pipes. You just do us all a favor and go back down the hallway at your parents house and go outside and play with your old torn up junk pile parts for your banshee and mind your own shit and not mine....boy.

Yeah I didn't have to shell out $550, because I got mine for $500 when they were still being made. Then again I didn't have to wait 20 years to get a banshee either. Might wanna go bitch that you gave all that money for a brand new stock bike that won't fall out of a tree when you could have bought 1 already built for much less. Finish on those pipes aren't that bad, not as nice as mine, but hey sucks for you had to wait till after they done quit making them huh.

4 posts and already bashing members?? What an ass clown.

You should be euthanized.

Uh oh a guy with the you have a low post count speech. Now if we compare your join date to mine, we see who the newb is, thanks for playing kiddo. Unlike some newbs I don't need to make posts on how to work on a banshee, I mean hell its simple. As we can all see your banshee looks like complete trash, go play in traffic. Gotta admit its funny with kids who think post count grows their e-penis.

For rollins, what scuffed up parts are we talking about old man? Most of the parts I put on BOTH of my banshees were brand new except 1 set of pipes, and why spend $550 brand new when I spent $230 on a set GOOD as NEW. Another sad part is you're what about 50? Come on and you don't know the difference between aunt and ant? Here I will help you out old man.

aunt:

I just got a call from the chrome shop here in Denver:

They are back logged but for a mere 300 bucks they can put enough nickel and chrome on them to light up the night sky.

Tammy;"250rchick"

I think that rather than screw around and try and get another set of pipes and spend the money on shipping and wait for another set of pipes, I am just going to leave them in the box and wait till I can get them chromed at the summers end when they are not back logged.

Ill get it how I want it somehow. I just cannot see having you guys bite the bullet on something that was the fault of DMC and not you.

Ill just read the postings on how they perform from you guys and bide my time till I get these chromed.

Thanks for your patience.

Ray....

:shrug:

Hot-rod found a dictionary;

He wants a medal for looking up the meanings as well.

Praise be to the damned spell checker.

Try using a capital letter at the beginning of your childish sentences. Try using a capital letter as the first letter of a persons name.

Has the proper formatt of sentence structure gotten you confused now?

Has craigslist R&R got your bored?

lol......I thought so.

I could give a crap that you were a member that never used this forum years ago but ......

NOT , so your wisdom carries no friggin weight.

Again.......mind your own business and just go away back into your reclusive hole that you came from.

Edited by R. Rollins