Oil to Gas Ratio...

Hello I have been mixing gas but not sure if it is the right ratio... My bike has been bored .40 over... But seems like my bike is running way to rich... I could tell by when I looked on my spark plug how black the plug is... I am not sure of what the ratio would be but I guess it would help if you let you know the mods on the bike...

1988 Yamaha Banshee 350

Bored 40 over

CPW 30mm carbs

G-Force Adjustable width axle

FX all grip seat

Stage 2 jets

IMS 5.6 gallon Gas tank

I have been mixing mine 50 to 1 which i don't think is right and its on 93 octane gas... Could you help me??? Thanks...

Alright Ill try the WOT plug test... IS that where you hold the throttle wide open and then check your plugs??? Or did I learn different??? lol... Anyways would someone be able to show me how a bike is supposed to run like in a video??? Just like take off while rolling slow I wanna see if yours lags like this or is it just because it is a 2 stroke... Would be better if you had yours bored to the same as mine...

Alright Ill try the WOT plug test... IS that where you hold the throttle wide open and then check your plugs??? Or did I learn different??? lol... Anyways would someone be able to show me how a bike is supposed to run like in a video??? Just like take off while rolling slow I wanna see if yours lags like this or is it just because it is a 2 stroke... Would be better if you had yours bored to the same as mine...

Your bore, axle, seat and gas tank don't have anything to do with this! lol! Like said before, it is most likely your jetting. I mix 40:1 and you'll probably find most guys mix between 32:1 and 40:1. Probably a few that mix thinner but not many. I would suggest checking your plugs. I usually start adjusting at idle. Set the pilots and air screw first. These supply fuel at idle, mid throttle and at WOT. THen adjust the needle. This supplies fuel (with the pilot jet) at mid throttle and at WOT. Then adjust the main jet. While at WOT you are using fuel from the previously adjusted pilot jet, needle position and main jet.

Since the pilot jet and needle supply fuel at WOT as well as the main jet, it is important to start the adjustment with the pilot first, the needle second, and the main jet last.

SP

Your bore, axle, seat and gas tank don't have anything to do with this! lol! Like said before, it is most likely your jetting. I mix 40:1 and you'll probably find most guys mix between 32:1 and 40:1. Probably a few that mix thinner but not many. I would suggest checking your plugs. I usually start adjusting at idle. Set the pilots and air screw first. These supply fuel at idle, mid throttle and at WOT. THen adjust the needle. This supplies fuel (with the pilot jet) at mid throttle and at WOT. Then adjust the main jet. While at WOT you are using fuel from the previously adjusted pilot jet, needle position and main jet.

Since the pilot jet and needle supply fuel at WOT as well as the main jet, it is important to start the adjustment with the pilot first, the needle second, and the main jet last.

SP

pilot jets are for down low like closed to 1/4 - 1/2 not low the needle is about 1/2 - a lil more then 3/4 main is for WFO. sounds to me like you are to rich on the main set the air screw 1 and 1/2 from closed and nedle in middle if it still does it let u know the jet sizes. but u sound too fat on da main

K Ill give it a try thanks a lot... Oh and Did you say I was too fat??? I'm 180 at 6'2 im not fat at all... I need to gain weight lol... But Ima give this a try what does WOT stand for???

Wide Open Throttle. And "fat" is rich, not overweight. Or where you just being sarcastic? Lol!

SP

if your running that shit 24:1 id say that im not suprised that you goop up some plugs.

i dont think that you should have to change jetting ive gone between diferent ratios before without,and it seems fine :shrug:

i used to run a 40 to1 but i think im goin 32 cause the r just burned up on 40 :banghead: ,....not saying it was the mix its just cheap insurence for the new parts. :shrug:

i use yamalube, its ok but there are better oils out there that im to cheap to buy :whistling:

if you want to give those cases of yamalube away then i guess i could dispose of them for you :rolleyes: