A YFRZ SHEE Build

NN2

Lets see if it works.

The hole in the caliper is because I couldn't get the piston out, even with 125psi of air pressure. I used a small screw and threaded it in to push the piston out. Now I'll just have to TIG it.

IMG_1137.jpg

Ha, it worked!

Edited by NN2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a banshee with stock suspension and a yfz with stock suspension. the banshee rides ten times smoother than the yfz. the yfz rides like a brick. id rather keep the banshee motor in the banshee frame. its like riding a cadillac compared to the yfz. now if youre going to be jumping or racing around a track then i guess the yfz frame is the way to go. just my 2 cents

Not sure what I am going to do with the Banshee at the moment. Just last March I did a complete chassis rebuild right after I bought it. All new bearings, seals, powder coat, etc. I may keep it but I may part it out later to recoop some of the costs for this project. I have a little one on the way due in the Summer so this may be it for a while, although I do have a pretty good wife that lets me do just about what ever I want so we'll see.

i have a banshee with stock suspension and a yfz with stock suspension. the banshee rides ten times smoother than the yfz. the yfz rides like a brick. id rather keep the banshee motor in the banshee frame. its like riding a cadillac compared to the yfz. now if youre going to be jumping or racing around a track then i guess the yfz frame is the way to go. just my 2 cents

Most suspensions suck from the factory except the new quads are getting pretty good. You're the first that I've heard saying a YFZ suspension was crap. I don't plan on keep the stock suspension for too long anyway. Long travel is in mind.

Most suspensions suck from the factory except the new quads are getting pretty good. You're the first that I've heard saying a YFZ suspension was crap. I don't plan on keep the stock suspension for too long anyway. Long travel is in mind.

im not lieing. i have a banshee, raptor 686, yfz478, and a yfz470. the banshee and the raptor ride like sofas compared to the yfz's. we ride at least sixty miles round trip every weekend. so depending on which bike i take, at the end of the ride my whole body feels it. the yfz is agile and nimble but the stock shee goes everywhere the yfz does and doesnt hurt. good luck with your project, im glad youre doing something different. i hope it turns out good and congrats on the new member of your family

Looking good man lol metal epoxy i like that. how does that blasting cabinet work for ya? how much media did it take to blast the parts shown in the pic? i am just curious as i am planning on buying a small blasting cabinet from summit when i buy my powdercoat set up. in a couple weeks again awesome idea man. and technically it will still be a yfz350 lol

Looking good man lol metal epoxy i like that. how does that blasting cabinet work for ya? how much media did it take to blast the parts shown in the pic? i am just curious as i am planning on buying a small blasting cabinet from summit when i buy my powdercoat set up. in a couple weeks again awesome idea man. and technically it will still be a yfz350 lol

The actual sandblaster I made works great. It's not a siphon unit but uses air pressure to feed the sand out the bottom on the tank. I need a bigger compressor to maintain over 90psi for any length of time. I just run the nozzle from the blaster into the cabinet. I made an attachment on the side to connect my dust collector which really helps with being able to see everything. Without it seeing is difficult. Works great though and can really strip paint quick. Those parts took about 60 lbs of sand. I just use fine white sand from the hardware store. I use it 3-4 times before it breaks down too much. Just screen it in between uses. Screen the new stuff also since there are small rocks/pebbles.

Good luck! Those are the first pics I've seen showing how to mount a Banshee engine in that chassis. I was wanting to do that with my old YFZ, but have no fabrication skills and no pics to go by.

are those deep dish bullitt/torq thrust m rims? i have been waiting for a while for the challangers to come out, hopefully when it warms up i will catch one at a light :biggrin: