Oh shit moments

i got one from 2day

fixen by friends mojave (beater bike like new though) put all new topend gaskets tighten everything down put everything back one go to kick it and it feels like its got madd compression ahaha so we pull it with his brothers quad nothing and pushing it was madd hard to! turns out the rubber gashet fot the head cover slipped in a little and decided to wrap itself aroung the cam ahahah oh shit!!

another one same kid diffrent quad(400ex) buys it off some guy 2000 1 month later seizes it cause no oil ahahah after he rebuilds it streched the timing chain cause he put big tires one fixes that goes through two sets of carrier bearings and a carrier good for a month his decompressioner cam goes and right after his timing chain snapps good for a bit then drops a valve and puts a few speed holes in his piston just got a new piston and hone and he streched his third timing chain and its rotting noww in his shed ahahah we call this the "curse"

Haha that bike must be cursed or something

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got one from yesterday. was jumping from one s curve to another and its not a flat take off or landing kinda gota kick the bike some. well i hit hard twice first time i didn't kick it enough and caught the left rear and said of shit an jumped off to the left while the bike whent right.....into a bush......upside down. well i was determined to do it again so i tried a little faster i which i goose it going up well a little faster in 3rd was just the tip of my t-5's soo i goosed it and went a lot faster over jumped it by about 10 feet and landed kinda on all 4s hard going uphill. fucking hurt was like dropping the bike off a 15 foot building and landing flat. i laid in the sand for a few after that one. my whole upper body is so sore today i can hardly bend to wipe my ass.

was hauling ass at the dunes this summer prolly 45 mph and hit a 10ft drop off. The weekend before the drop off wasnt even there. Guess dunes chance pretty damn quick. I was fine but my ankles hurt like a bastard for a few weeks.............couldnt do anything but think....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT while i was about to go flying. haha

these stories are great

lucky all you hurt was your ankle

1 putting my sled engine together late one night and i had the bottom end together so i put the jugs and heads on without the pistons to take pictures and keep the dust out over night came back the next morning and finished the rest or the engine and install it without the pistons and throw away the percuarly heavy piston boxes. didnt even know until i tried to start it it cranked over half a turn until the rod cought the port and locked up had to go back to the shop and dig the boxes out of the dumpster pretty dam quick.

2 riding the county roads with 2003blaster and decided at the last second to turn, didnt make it slid straight into a concrete burm and cracked an a arm

3 just finished rebuilding dads 4poke run around atv and was driving through a flooded feild somebody had dug up a field tile and i drowned that lil atv in the hole and had to run down the road 2 miles to my friends house soaked to the waist in freezing water only to find he wasnt there :down:

• 4 weeks later...

ok this was like 2 years ago. i just got my banshee from this shop in town and i decided to take it to the njorvp in chatsworth and i took it off the trailer went on the quad track and the bike was running like shit. so i went to go off the track and the thing breaks down and i have too push it a long way all the way back to the truck. It was like a 1:30 hour drive so i was sorta mad. But i had my kx85 to ride on the mx track so i was happy :biggrin:

got one from yesterday. was jumping from one s curve to another and its not a flat take off or landing kinda gota kick the bike some. well i hit hard twice first time i didn't kick it enough and caught the left rear and said of shit an jumped off to the left while the bike whent right.....into a bush......upside down. well i was determined to do it again so i tried a little faster i which i goose it going up well a little faster in 3rd was just the tip of my t-5's soo i goosed it and went a lot faster over jumped it by about 10 feet and landed kinda on all 4s hard going uphill. fucking hurt was like dropping the bike off a 15 foot building and landing flat. i laid in the sand for a few after that one. my whole upper body is so sore today i can hardly bend to wipe my ass.

hahahahaha... u still taste denim?

i got some....

just got finished putting my white pipes on, and loaded up the next day to go riddin. got all the way out there, and the wind chilled the engine to the core to ambient temp(17 below) wouldn't start, of course. after spending 45 min jump starting my friends' quad, spent 45 min trying to get the clutch to release, pull start, etc. finally, started in 6th, and worked my way down in gears untill i got neutral, and let it warm up. geared up, and headed down the trails, runnin awesome at first, then a little funny. stopped, and shee begain screamin like i left the toilet seat up, or something. tried a little love with the switch, but kept goin :banghead: grabbed her by the clutch and begain kickin her in the shifter about 5 times. stomped her in the brake, and let go her go. nice and quiet after that. turns out, oh shit, i forgot to tighten the intake clamp :shoothead: i apologised, while kicking her once more, and she let me ride for like an hour and a half, moaning with pleasure the whole way. it came time to take her out to eat, and grabbed the gas can. oh shit, cant find the oil anywhere....hunny, i left my wallet at home :biggrin: had to grab her ass and shove it up there. then tie her down to the deck so shee wouldn't go anywhere. what can i say? we have a passionate, loving relationship. dear penthouse...

another one, my friend just got his 650 ds, a couple of weeks ago, and helped him get it running over the phone. turns out, someone soldered the all the wires on the new cdi, before he got it. would've been fine, but they left them ALL uninsulated, just shorting in a bunch. he got it with the pretence that it just needed a stator, and it came with one, but new cdi, ect, and she's runnin. threw it up in the driveway, and it took off right to the back of his 50k tahoe. oh shit, back window,, rip in seat, but could've been worse. talkin to him on the phone, he started it in gear, and it launched into the back of his brothers' 69 cougar. oh shit! fuck this thing's gonna kill me, isn't it?

hahahahaha... u still taste denim?

i got some....

just got finished putting my white pipes on, and loaded up the next day to go riddin. got all the way out there, and the wind chilled the engine to the core to ambient temp(17 below) wouldn't start, of course. after spending 45 min jump starting my friends' quad, spent 45 min trying to get the clutch to release, pull start, etc. finally, started in 6th, and worked my way down in gears untill i got neutral, and let it warm up. geared up, and headed down the trails, runnin awesome at first, then a little funny. stopped, and shee begain screamin like i left the toilet seat up, or something. tried a little love with the switch, but kept goin :banghead: grabbed her by the clutch and begain kickin her in the shifter about 5 times. stomped her in the brake, and let go her go. nice and quiet after that. turns out, oh shit, i forgot to tighten the intake clamp :shoothead: i apologised, while kicking her once more, and she let me ride for like an hour and a half, moaning with pleasure the whole way. it came time to take her out to eat, and grabbed the gas can. oh shit, cant find the oil anywhere....hunny, i left my wallet at home :biggrin: had to grab her ass and shove it up there. then tie her down to the deck so shee wouldn't go anywhere. what can i say? we have a passionate, loving relationship. dear penthouse...

another one, my friend just got his 650 ds, a couple of weeks ago, and helped him get it running over the phone. turns out, someone soldered the all the wires on the new cdi, before he got it. would've been fine, but they left them ALL uninsulated, just shorting in a bunch. he got it with the pretence that it just needed a stator, and it came with one, but new cdi, ect, and she's runnin. threw it up in the driveway, and it took off right to the back of his 50k tahoe. oh shit, back window,, rip in seat, but could've been worse. talkin to him on the phone, he started it in gear, and it launched into the back of his brothers' 69 cougar. oh shit! fuck this thing's gonna kill me, isn't it?

HAHA nice, quote of my friend after this last weekend "just another Alaskan adventure" lol... now for the story behind it.

So my buddies dad works for the Ford dealer here locally and he works fleet so he tries to sell multiple truck at a time. Well this mine right out side of this place called Delta junction, for us that live in Alaska we know the significance for those of you who dont, look on a map, I live in Anchorage and Delta junction is about 60 miles short of the next biggest city(Fairbanks) which is about a 6-8 hour drive from my house. Well my friends dad needed help because he had to drive 3 brand new '09 Ford F-250 superdutys up there, plus we needed a vehicle to get back, so me and my dad went to help them. On the way up the roads are icy as shit and we driving through the mountains so its up and down hills... well we come around this one corner and the tires break loose so Im thinking OH SHIT either hit the mile marker pole or go off the road so I miss the mile marker and end up testing the off-road capabilities of the truck, then get stuck in 3 feet of snow only about 3 feet off the highway, luckily it was right by a road maintance station so were were able to get a chain and get it out in a couple minutes... the only damage was I broke the lower valance under the bumper off and the front license plate mount. I guess you got to break in the truck some time :shrug:

HAHA nice, quote of my friend after this last weekend "just another Alaskan adventure" lol... now for the story behind it.

So my buddies dad works for the Ford dealer here locally and he works fleet so he tries to sell multiple truck at a time. Well this mine right out side of this place called Delta junction, for us that live in Alaska we know the significance for those of you who dont, look on a map, I live in Anchorage and Delta junction is about 60 miles short of the next biggest city(Fairbanks) which is about a 6-8 hour drive from my house. Well my friends dad needed help because he had to drive 3 brand new '09 Ford F-250 superdutys up there, plus we needed a vehicle to get back, so me and my dad went to help them. On the way up the roads are icy as shit and we driving through the mountains so its up and down hills... well we come around this one corner and the tires break loose so Im thinking OH SHIT either hit the mile marker pole or go off the road so I miss the mile marker and end up testing the off-road capabilities of the truck, then get stuck in 3 feet of snow only about 3 feet off the highway, luckily it was right by a road maintance station so were were able to get a chain and get it out in a couple minutes... the only damage was I broke the lower valance under the bumper off and the front license plate mount. I guess you got to break in the truck some time :shrug:

was probably only mad that he couldn't break it in lol

I had one not long after I got my new Banshee. I'm pretty regular on maintenance, I grease it every ride, do the air filter every ride and change the tranny oil every 3-4 rides. I was using Belray oils at the time and bought a bottle of Gear Saver 85 for after this ride. (to go with the half bottle from the last change) So we go for a ride and have a great time, probably ran about 3-4 hours up. Get back home and wash the Shee. Now time for an oil change and I'm like "I swear I had half a bottle of tranny oil left over" and then "that's funny, I thought I used that half bottle of 2-stroke oil..."

"OH SHIT!" I accidentally mixed half a bottle of tranny oil as premix. The Belray bottles, even the color of the oil are identical I just didn't look at the label. :banghead: So now I use Amsoil, there's no fuckin' that up. Well didn't seem to bother the Shee, i just drained the gas and mixed up a fresh batch. All good, my buddy was like "well any oil is better than no oil right". And 4 years on I still haven't opened the engine up yet. But I can tell Shee needs a freshen up so top end time soon.

Blew a head gasket down in OK. Got a new gasket from power sports, rolled the shee into the tent because the wind was blowing so mush I didn't think I could protect the open cylinders from sand, and proceded to replace the head gasket and torqued all the nuts down. took it out to the dunes and its running like shit and lots of noise from the top end. I stop and take a look at the top end. OH SHIT!! I forgot to tighten the spark plugs( just hand tightened them) and both of them are out and sand is everywhere.

One time I am following my brother while trail riding at night in OK and he and a couple of other guys are throwin so much dust up, that I am having a hard time following them. At times I have to turn my lights off so I can see their tail lights gust so I can follow them. We were crusing down this one trail doing 30 - 40 mhp and I am trying to figure out where they are in front of me when all the sudden the dust clears and the sand drops away from me. They had turned and I was going straight thru the air and into a 3' burm. OH SHIT!! I actually tried to jump off the bike by jumping straight up, figuring I would go over the handle bars and land on my feet with my incredable ninja skills. My shins hit the handlebars and fliped me over. I remember thinking this is gonna hurt as I am heading into a bunch of brush upside down. "Luckly my neck broke my fall" and I bounced right up. The guy behind me thaught I was dead. He claimed my feet were above the top of my whip. I was pretty sore and stiff after that, but nothing was broken on me and the bike just had a bent up bumper.

The first time I went out on a 4 wheeler I was with my brother and I was on a borrowed suzuki LT-Z250 (now my daughters bike) and I was going up a dune when the back tires started to dig in and I grabbed the clutch (on a LT-Z250 there is NO CLUTCH only all brakes). OH SHIT!! The front started to come up and over. I knew I couldn't bail fast enough so I clamped onto the bike with my legs (I wasn't about to let that thing supprise me with a blow to the sack) and the bike rolled over on top of me. It almost had enough speed to roll back onto its tires but stopped short of that. Again I was lucky I was not injured and the only part dammaged on the bike was a piece of plastic poped out of place.

I got my bike back together the night before a race, started it up at the track the next day and it was only running for literally a minute or two.

I noticed a LOT of heat by my shins.... I put my hand down there, and the cylinders were hot (this is an alky bike, mind you....they take a little while to build heat, even in spring/summer temps)

I was at the staging line, shut the bike off.... I forgot to fill the radiator the night before.

IF I would've actually made a pass...my bet would be I would've locked it up solid or smoked something....

k i got a new one

jus busted off two of three bolts on one of my exaust flanges thank god for helicoils

i was driving to town in sis's explorer to get parts and the road was covered in packed snow, im getting close to a bridge and like an idiot i hit the brakes to slow down :banghead: ,...... o shit!!!!!!!!! slid that bitch doun a 20 ft dranedge ditch and into the bottom on its side. watter wasnt that deep though.. :shoothead: still had a lot of watter running into the cab.

jus so you know guys 4wd dont mean shit on ice. jus my .02

Edited by 250Rho