Oh shit moments

Not a banshee oh shit but it applies.

April 04 I crashed my cr500 punctured lung, broken ribs, collar bone broke in three places and my shoulder all on the left side. About six weeks into my recovery my wifes Explorer check engine light comes on we take to a local parts store( I'm still not allowed to drive) to have them read the code. Oxygen senors are bad so we buy them she's bitchin the hole time that I can not work on it so I tell her I will get my brother or a friend to do it. She leaves for work using my truck I go out to the garage get the wrenches and creeper get under the car pull on the wrench something pops in me. I dam near pass out finally get my shit togather roll the creeper out and I can not get up I laid there a couple of hours finally make it back to the house she been calling to check on me and new where I was she was pissed. Pulled some ribs apart the doc said it set me back a few weeks in my recovery.

Broken ribs suck!!!!!!!!!!! it is the most pain I have ever had you can't do anything breath, laugh, sneeze or fart.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing major.....

I was on the mx track at the Badlands in Attica Indiana around mid November. It was really muddy so my quad and myself were both covered in mud. I hit one of the easiest tables on the track in 4th gear and when I hit it, I came off a little crooked. I managed to get the 'shee in control when I landed but I was thrown way off balance. Kinda like I was going into a hard right turn but there was a left turn ahead. My right foot slipped off the peg and Nerf bar. The back tire got ahold of my leg and just ripped me off the quad. Good thing I have a tether kill switch because the 'shee just coasted to a stop. Nothing damaged on the quad. As for me I got a nice road rash where the chest protector didn't cover on my back, a really sore leg, and broke the visor on my helmet. I was a little shaken up but I just got up real quick, hopped on the quad, and kept riding to spare any more embarrassment. :biggrin: I would say I was pretty lucky with what I got out of that. :thumbsup:

k i got a new one

jus busted off two of three bolts on one of my exaust flanges thank god for helicoils

i was driving to town in sis's explorer to get parts and the road was covered in packed snow, im getting close to a bridge and like an idiot i hit the brakes to slow down :banghead: ,...... o shit!!!!!!!!! slid that bitch doun a 20 ft dranedge ditch and into the bottom on its side. watter wasnt that deep though.. :shoothead: still had a lot of watter running into the cab.

jus so you know guys 4wd dont mean shit on ice. jus my .02

Yeah it really doesn't make a difference, thats why I only use it to get traction when excellerating... but stopping 4wd doesnt do shit. That's also why the trucks we were driving in my oh shit story were in 2wd