Help A Newbie Again Please!

steved83

ok i just ordered my parts from Jeff at F.A.S.T, i got .060 over pistons 33mm keinen pwk carbs, billet intakes, i already have pyramid reeds, reed spacers, and cool head. i was talking to a friend of a friend that says he knows everything about banshees and he said what im trying to do is a cheap way of building my motor bc i want to port and put the .060 over pistons in my cylinders. he said i should just go with the cheetah cub kit, which i cant really afford right now. so what i am asking of you guys is you think i should save up for the cubs or just go with the porting and bore/hone on the stock cylinders. sorry if im all over the place with my info, oh and it will be pretty much dunes riding and have toomey t-5's on the way. thanks for your input

ok i just ordered my parts from Jeff at F.A.S.T, i got .060 over pistons 33mm keinen pwk carbs, billet intakes, i already have pyramid reeds, reed spacers, and cool head. i was talking to a friend of a friend that says he knows everything about banshees and he said what im trying to do is a cheap way of building my motor bc i want to port and put the .060 over pistons in my cylinders. he said i should just go with the cheetah cub kit, which i cant really afford right now. so what i am asking of you guys is you think i should save up for the cubs or just go with the porting and bore/hone on the stock cylinders. sorry if im all over the place with my info, oh and it will be pretty much dunes riding and have toomey t-5's on the way. thanks for your input

Did you ask him if he could buy them for you? Go with your port work.

port work and bore... the cubes need all kinds of extras big bucks.. total cool but pricy

A cub is more than just buying cylinders, it is a commitment to installing all the accompanying parts that are required to make good use of that kind of power.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with dune ported stock cylinders if they are done correctly. You purchased good carbs and exhaust pipes that will work well with ported cylinders. I know of many bikes with ported stock cylinders that all out rip...

EDIT: Yeah, what ^ said! :thumbsup:

port work and bore... the cubes need all kinds of extras big bucks.. total cool but pricy

A cub is more than just buying cylinders, it is a commitment to installing all the accompanying parts that are required to make good use of that kind of power.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with dune ported stock cylinders if they are done correctly. You purchased good carbs and exhaust pipes that will work well with ported cylinders. I know of many bikes with ported stock cylinders that all out rip...

EDIT: Yeah, what ^ said! :thumbsup:

ok cool, thanks guys. yeah im just cleaning up the cylinders and off they go to Jeff. just wanted to get input before i did anything.

ok cool, thanks guys. yeah im just cleaning up the cylinders and off they go to Jeff. just wanted to get input before i did anything.

You will be happy my friend.. Jeff does a healthy dune port that I was very happy with.. Your in good hands..

Although some swear to it, cubs or other aftermarket cylinders are simply not for everyone... Like mentioned above I to have seen some "dune" or "play" ported cylinder bikes that run very well...

RIPPEN

Get your crank welded if it's not :cool:

yeah i doubt it is, i will have to look into doing that though. not sure how to take the case apart or what seals and gaskets will need to be replaced when crank is taken out. i got that cylmer manual so i will be doing some reading. thanks on that info

You will be happy my friend.. Jeff does a healthy dune port that I was very happy with.. Your in good hands..

Although some swear to it, cubs or other aftermarket cylinders are simply not for everyone... Like mentioned above I to have seen some "dune" or "play" ported cylinder bikes that run very well...

RIPPEN

ok cool. yeah jeff is a great guy def. get my business, hes got great customer service, has taken my calls when he was walking out the door to close up and even before he stared his days. thanks alot for your guy's input..

yeah i doubt it is, i will have to look into doing that though. not sure how to take the case apart or what seals and gaskets will need to be replaced when crank is taken out. i got that cylmer manual so i will be doing some reading. thanks on that info

If you have the right tools, and a few specialty tools (torque wrench, flywheel puller, etc.), the bottom-end is not very complicated. Just take your time and pay attention as you take it apart. You have already done yourself a service by reading the manual...

Some guys on here can do it blind-folded...

If you have the right tools, and a few specialty tools (torque wrench, flywheel puller, etc.), the bottom-end is not very complicated. Just take your time and pay attention as you take it apart. You have already done yourself a service by reading the manual...

Some guys on here can do it blind-folded...

hell yeah, ill have to read a little more and try and do it sounds like it should be hard if i got the maual in front of me.