Case Oil

Wiz

Just curios what everybody runs for case oil (tranny oil) and why? is there a reason? what have you had not such good luck with?

I used to run the Maxima MTL and had good luck with it but I got introduced to the Redline Ultra Shockproof Oil and after using it then doing a teardown there is nothing I will ever use besides this stuff. It coats and puts the best film on parts of any oil I have ever seen, I am sold...

OK This gets brought up about as much as "what is the best pipes? So I will throw it out there first. I USE F-TYPE AUTOMATIC TRANS FLUID. I have used it for five years and never had any trans problem. It shifts great and I change the oil at about twenty hours. It's cheap about $2.35 a quart hear. I have read all the reasons people think that it won't work. But you know what it does. So everyone will use what works for them.

Just one caustion don"t use Dextron it has slicking agents in it, where the F-type makes the clutch grab.

OK This gets brought up about as much as "what is the best pipes? So I will throw it out there first. I USE F-TYPE AUTOMATIC TRANS FLUID. I have used it for five years and never had any trans problem. It shifts great and I change the oil at about twenty hours. It's cheap about $2.35 a quart hear. I have read all the reasons people think that it won't work. But you know what it does. So everyone will use what works for them.

Just one caustion don"t use Dextron it has slicking agents in it, where the F-type makes the clutch grab.

is that 5 years on a new engine? or did you have regular oill for a while before that. just wonderin because i was wanting to switch to atf, but it's had conventional oil for over 3 years, and seals don't usually like big changes in oil type.

is that 5 years on a new engine? or did you have regular oill for a while before that. just wonderin because i was wanting to switch to atf, but it's had conventional oil for over 3 years, and seals don't usually like big changes in oil type.

It dont hurt the seals... I've switched case oils every other week.. all depends on what I have at the time.. I've swtiched from gear saver to 10w30 to MTL to type F back to gear saver back to type F.. hell I've even used belray thumper oil. No problems here.. As long as its for a wet clutch.. I'll use it.

It dont hurt the seals... I've switched case oils every other week.. all depends on what I have at the time.. I've swtiched from gear saver to 10w30 to MTL to type F back to gear saver back to type F.. hell I've even used belray thumper oil. No problems here.. As long as its for a wet clutch.. I'll use it.

cool beans :thumbsup: i was just worried, cus i have a 4 runner that pissed everywhere when i used ps fluid in the power steering instead of atf. when i switched to synthetic blend, then synthetic, it did the same on the engine.... i don't like switching anymore i've done other cars and trucks with the same story as well, so when it comes to automotive, stick with what u got, unless it's a cartrige seal- i havn't seen those fail from that yet