Cheetah Pipes

smuttdawg

lets back the bus up...I never said that a single carb set-up or paul Turner pipes were the way to go, I said Irun t-5 pipes on my motor with my set up, I run 35mm pwk's and do not believe in the single carb set-up....

Hercalm...you prove your own point hare scrambles....that is not abuse where you are in deep sand half way up the wheels with alot of paddle for traction, you run a knobbie tire on dirt or mud....traction is your problem allready, that is the reason you do not break parts.

Daj put the crack pipe down, by not alot of timing i mean no need for more than +4 you do nothing but solidify what I say and yet do not acknowledge the things you can't argue.... it shows that you truely have no expereince past 300'

Do yourself a favor pick up your telephone and call Dan you seem to kow him so well, while your at it call cascade, call Cameron Call Lewie, any of these builders that build motors for these conditions that live and ride here and see What they say....I will post there phone numbers if you would like...

Tell you what I am going to Lewie's rite now PM me your number I and I will have him call you, matter of fact Cascade is less than a mile from his shop I will swing by there and give mike and Tim you number also...but you probably know more about sand ridding than any of these guy too....

You know for this being your site there sure is a lack of your motor builders that have your back on this, I know Dan is a member of this forum also.

I appologized to you for anything rude I have said insult you, I have been the bigger man you sure set a good example for the rest of the people on your site....I bet your sponsors love it...

Edited by Wiz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did I say I know Cameron and Dan so well?

I said they both do fine work and Dan got me sorted on a dome issue on my 10 mil.

I didn't say I send them Christmas cards or meet them at the local watering hole for a cold one??

You are the one bragging up Cascade's bikes....I'm just pointing out what they run, and that's on their website in pictures from their bikes.

Since YOU are such good buddies with Dan, you should know he doesn't take phone calls...he prefers emails. That's only been on his site for...oh...quite some time. I guess you two are tight.

I don't need Lewie to call me to confirm you don't know what you're talking about....it's already very clear from what you've wrote here.

Go to HQ at his shop and have him explain to you why choking a cub is such a great idea....and why a properly setup stock cylinder setup is not good enough for your "elite riding skills"....

I never said I knew more about sand riding than any of those guys....it's just very apparent I'm more of a realist and know more about setup than YOU....

I don't need to hear about what a builder has done... I'm not a builder, nor are you. I'm reading your so called expert setup tips and advice....

impressive... :down:

And in case you haven't noticed...no one else here, with the exception of PW NW, is agreeing with you. I guess they're all full of shit too....

Get yourself some new clutch components while you're over at Lewie's...so at least the trip will be somewhat productive for you.

The fact you feel the need to keep throwing builders name's out there...just reiterates the fact you don't know how to get it done on your own....

Edited by dajogejr

just what I thought same shit out of the same mouth....

Feeling is mutual....

I have his number too. I was merely pointing the fact that he prefers emails to the rest of the folks that may be following this post to laugh at you. And since there is over 900 views on this post...there's plenty of them.

http://www.patriotracing.net/

Edited by dajogejr

When did I say I know Cameron and Dan so well?

I said they both do fine work and Dan got me sorted on a dome issue on my 10 mil.

I didn't say I send them Christmas cards or meet them at the local watering hole for a cold one??

You are the one bragging up Cascade's bikes....I'm just pointing out what they run, and that's on their website in pictures from their bikes.

Since YOU are such good buddies with Dan, you should know he doesn't take phone calls...he prefers emails. That's only been on his site for...oh...quite some time. I guess you two are tight.

I don't need Lewie to call me to confirm you don't know what you're talking about....it's already very clear from what you've wrote here.

Go to HQ at his shop and have him explain to you why choking a cub is such a great idea....and why a properly setup stock cylinder setup is not good enough for your "elite riding skills"....

I never said I knew more about sand riding than any of those guys....it's just very apparent I'm more of a realist and know more about setup than YOU....

I don't need to hear about what a builder has done... I'm not a builder, nor are you. I'm reading your so called expert setup tips and advice....

impressive... :down:

And in case you haven't noticed...no one else here, with the exception of PW NW, is agreeing with you. I guess they're all full of shit too....

Get yourself some new clutch components while you're over at Lewie's...so at least the trip will be somewhat productive for you.

The fact you feel the need to keep throwing builders name's out there...just reiterates the fact you don't know how to get it done on your own....

you need to get you eyes checked i have been in cascades store there large cc bike do not have single carb set ups i took the liberty of posting one of there bikes for sale .

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/ne...ore_dept_id=604

Dude are you kidding me? You have sand, I have mud and clay bugging me down. Do you think we only run in the bright sunny afternoon? I'll put my bike through more abuse in a 2 hour race then you well in three whole weekends of play riding. Plus we have this coal crap here in Pa. That ish is worse then sand (yes I have riding in sand) Maybe your not building up your motors right or maybe your running too much paddle

you need to get you eyes checked i have been in cascades store there large cc bike do not have single carb set ups i took the liberty of posting one of there bikes for sale .

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/ne...ore_dept_id=604

Interesting...in the fact you need your eyes checked. Where did I say large cc bikes?

Here is a 4 mil cub, one of the 4 for sale, with PTs and a 2 into one setup. And I've seen plenty more on their site in the past.

I have to admit...it's been probably a solid month or two since I've been on it.

(By the way, the 10 mil you pointed out is a mere 44cc's larger than the 4 mil I pointed out...not a huge dif there buddy...)

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/ne...ORE_DEPT_ID=609

Dude are you kidding me? You have sand, I have mud and clay bugging me down. Do you think we only run in the bright sunny afternoon? I'll put my bike through more abuse in a 2 hour race then you well in three whole weekends of play riding. Plus we have this coal crap here in Pa. That ish is worse then sand (yes I have riding in sand) Maybe your not building up your motors right or maybe your running too much paddle

I built my bike for sand not dirt and if you think we only ride on sunny days you got another thing coming .But dont get me wrong iam not saying my set up will work for you or anybody else if you ride in mud your not going to run paddles and if you ride in sand you dont run dirt tire so whatever or whever you ride you set your bike for those conditions.And i ride my bikes hard and keep them in good condition these are not cheap toys thanks

Interesting...in the fact you need your eyes checked. Where did I say large cc bikes?

Here is a 4 mil cub, one of the 4 for sale, with PTs and a 2 into one setup. And I've seen plenty more on their site in the past.

I have to admit...it's been probably a solid month or two since I've been on it.

(By the way, the 10 mil you pointed out is a mere 44cc's larger than the 4 mil I pointed out...not a huge dif there buddy...)

So what is your point exactly? you are smarter than the guys building and selling 12grand bikes and have been doing it for many years?

but that is rite cub motors only run with drag pipes and big carbs....

To be honest I don't really see what the big debate is..

I think the simple fact that Dave is trying to make is that a stock cyl ported 4mill remotly set up right can run up to what your getting out of a "piped down" cub.. I ride VERY similar stuff to what you guys do.. Thats why I mentioned before you to are not the only ones that climb or climb tight hill shoots.. My F.A.S.T. ported 4mill with CPI's performe great at most whatever I point it at.. Oh and Iam at almost 9,000 ft in elevation rather than sea level. A bike with stock cylinders can be ported to WHAT YOU WANT and you add on the peices to compliment it from there.. You buying a cub and restricting its top end is fine and all but why? I know a local guy here that climbs as much or if not more than I.. He has a 10mill cub with PT mids.. He does some sick climbs and all but the amount he has wrapped up into it, he isn't that much or if any better off than I.. If anything its more uncontrolable and probably lost quite a bit of duning ability as he also runs quite a bit more swinger than I.. I can see if you want it to be simply versitile in the sence you can "pipe it down" for climbs or duning.. But to say you need a cub with T-5s (or something similar) in order to prophicent at climbing couldn't be further from the truth.. I don't have gobs of money to spend or throw at trying all these different set-ups.. I talked to a builder and we decided a ported stock cyl 4mill would provide plenty of power.. To be honest I couldn't imagine how my bike would do in your guys climbs.. At sea level, shit maybe to much power-lol.. I get in and out of the throttle plenty and have very little problems.. The only time I ever really need to clutch it that much is if I screw up or something in my setup(tire psi, jetting, ect) is off.. Even then you throw A LITTLE clutch at it and like a sum bitch she gos.. And you all are killing me with the "hitting so hard you break this that the other" crap.. Come on.lol Your on sand not heated up slicks to VHT.. All sand, even wet heavy sand does have SOME give to it so the tire is gonna spin or put your nose in the air.. Otherwise I have never see anyones bike hit and bite so hard they are breaking shit like you imply..

The set-up you got obviously works for you, just like the guy I know.. Thats awesome.. The point is what your getting/after is just as acheavable out of a properly ported stock cylinder motor as it is out of a restricted cub.. Just cheaper and more straight forward.. Why throw a supercharger on buick and run .5 psi rather than give her a nice tune up? BY nature Cubs ect are a top end cylinder as is CPI's /Shearers ect a top end pipe.. Thats why I said I don't realize what the debate is.. Your putting lowend pipes on a top end cylinder and saying its the only setup to have for yor type of riding.. Its not..

As mentioned before I would love to come out there.. Be happy to climb anything you try.. Pacific NW, you seem like a decent guy.. Maybe on your part it was a misunderstanding about the 80 on stock cyl. I was refering to 4mill as stock stroke would be a bit more radical and difficult-lol.. If I ever make it out your way man ill be hitting you up for sure to show me around.. Iam actually stoked to see some other guys on here that climb some similar stuff to what my crew does.. BUT Wiz I don't know man.. Like someone else mentioned you come across as a prick and a arrogant one at that.. I had seen that not long ago when you first started posting.. Maybe when you picked out a name it went to your head, I don't know.. What I do know though is Dave is one smart bastard when it comes to these things, its been proven as he has helped more folks on this site than most anyone else.. Iam not sure if you guys simply don't read what he is writing clearly or what.. But what the guy is saying is pretty basic and straight forward.. I don't know, in the end I look forward to chatting with you fellas about climbing.. But Ill tell ya, never underestimate a well set-up stock cylinder bike vs something like what you guys are running. It may suprise you..

RIPPEN

So what is your point exactly? you are smarter than the guys building and selling 12grand bikes and have been doing it for many years?

but that is rite cub motors only run with drag pipes and big carbs....

Not to rain on your parade but the price of the bike has nothing to do with how well the bike runs...I know plenty of banshees that are from $3000-$4000 that will make the $12k bikes look slow as hell in any situation...the reason this bikes are that much......well just look at the ungodly amounts of chrome and powdercoat on the bikes...there is hardly anything(if anything) left bare or untouched...that is where most of the cost comes from...tkae all that "bling" away and you;ll lose about $8-$10k.....Don't throw the $12k price tag in the argument.....

And he's already admitted that they know how to build great bikes...There is no argument there...

To be honest I don't really see what the big debate is..

I think the simple fact that Dave is trying to make is that a stock cyl ported 4mill remotly set up right can run up to what your getting out of a "piped down" cub.. I ride VERY similar stuff to what you guys do.. Thats why I mentioned before you to are not the only ones that climb or climb tight hill shoots.. My F.A.S.T. ported 4mill with CPI's performe great at most whatever I point it at.. Oh and Iam at almost 9,000 ft in elevation rather than sea level. A bike with stock cylinders can be ported to WHAT YOU WANT and you add on the peices to compliment it from there.. You buying a cub and restricting its top end is fine and all but why? I know a local guy here that climbs as much or if not more than I.. He has a 10mill cub with PT mids.. He does some sick climbs and all but the amount he has wrapped up into it, he isn't that much or if any better off than I.. If anything its more uncontrolable and probably lost quite a bit of duning ability as he also runs quite a bit more swinger than I.. I can see if you want it to be simply versitile in the sence you can "pipe it down" for climbs or duning.. But to say you need a cub with T-5s (or something similar) in order to prophicent at climbing couldn't be further from the truth.. I don't have gobs of money to spend or throw at trying all these different set-ups.. I talked to a builder and we decided a ported stock cyl 4mill would provide plenty of power.. To be honest I couldn't imagine how my bike would do in your guys climbs.. At sea level, shit maybe to much power-lol.. I get in and out of the throttle plenty and have very little problems.. The only time I ever really need to clutch it that much is if I screw up or something in my setup(tire psi, jetting, ect) is off.. Even then you throw A LITTLE clutch at it and like a sum bitch she gos.. And you all are killing me with the "hitting so hard you break this that the other" crap.. Come on.lol Your on sand not heated up slicks to VHT.. All sand, even wet heavy sand does have SOME give to it so the tire is gonna spin or put your nose in the air.. Otherwise I have never see anyones bike hit and bite so hard they are breaking shit like you imply..

The set-up you got obviously works for you, just like the guy I know.. Thats awesome.. The point is what your getting/after is just as acheavable out of a properly ported stock cylinder motor as it is out of a restricted cub.. Just cheaper and more straight forward.. Why throw a supercharger on buick and run .5 psi rather than give her a nice tune up? BY nature Cubs ect are a top end cylinder as is CPI's /Shearers ect a top end pipe.. Thats why I said I don't realize what the debate is.. Your putting lowend pipes on a top end cylinder and saying its the only setup to have for yor type of riding.. Its not..

As mentioned before I would love to come out there.. Be happy to climb anything you try.. Pacific NW, you seem like a decent guy.. Maybe on your part it was a misunderstanding about the 80 on stock cyl. I was refering to 4mill as stock stroke would be a bit more radical and difficult-lol.. If I ever make it out your way man ill be hitting you up for sure to show me around.. Iam actually stoked to see some other guys on here that climb some similar stuff to what my crew does.. BUT Wiz I don't know man.. Like someone else mentioned you come across as a prick and a arrogant one at that.. I had seen that not long ago when you first started posting.. Maybe when you picked out a name it went to your head, I don't know.. What I do know though is Dave is one smart bastard when it comes to these things, its been proven as he has helped more folks on this site than most anyone else.. Iam not sure if you guys simply don't read what he is writing clearly or what.. But what the guy is saying is pretty basic and straight forward.. I don't know, in the end I look forward to chatting with you fellas about climbing.. But Ill tell ya, never underestimate a well set-up stock cylinder bike vs something like what you guys are running. It may suprise you..

RIPPEN

The point has been lost from the original question you people just think that one answer is the correct answer for everyone .How can you answer a question with all the info go back to the first question there is not enough info to give a fair answer .

i apoligize you are correct you did not say large cc but you are really trying to split a hair .But the truth is your view on cubs is a little twisted you can run pt t5s t6s fmf lrd you name it the point is .You might not agree but what the hell that is what forums are about but to say it not correct is your opinion .And you are welcome to it but i know plenty of people out here up and down the west coast that run everything under the sun .And heres my opinion the cub is setup for racing you are correct but if i want to resleeve my stock cylinders to run blaster piston or larger why not just buy cubs all the time and energy for stock crap give me a break buy cubs the better choice for sure and i know there race setup Truth is it can be done has been done and will be done again thanks

Oh by the way i think you math is off a little 58x68=421 and 64x75= 565 i think you must have got it crossed up with mine but my math could be off ??