lets see those hot rods

sheerider1026

Oh no, I still got it.. It was my first car given to me from my older brother.. Ill more than likely have it forever-lol..

Its just in a holding patern :ermm: .. Since I bought my banshee it has basicly been chillen.. I have pulled most the front end apart. Just need to get some decent cash flow going and stop spending on other toys.. Since my buddy has taken the motor and trans back I got a hp 383 bb chrysler and another 727 trans for it... Hope to have it twin turboed eventually..

RIPPEN

you still gonna run a carb with that set up or you going to switch it to FI????

My 04 Cobra. Decent list of modifications, don't drive it much anymore - just sits and waits to be cruised or taken to the track.

Stage 3 Ported Eaton Blower

Billetflow 2.76 Upper Pulley

Metco 4lb lower Pulley

Matched Throttle Body & Plenum

Dialosport MAF.ia

S&D 60lb injectors

Precision Fabrication Intercooler Reservoir

JLT Ram Air Intake

Metco 3.2 Alternator Pulley

Spec Stage 5 Clutch

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

Fiore Firewall Clutch Adjuster

Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable

MGW Short Throw Shifter

Bassani off-road x-pipe

Borla Catback

DSS Level 5 Axles

Steeda IRS Brace

Kenne Bell BAP

NGK TR6 Plugs

Removed front sway bar

AFS 10.5" wheels

315 35 17 Nittos

15% Tint

32% Tinted Windshield

Dynotune Nitrous System

Dynotune RPM/TPS Window Switch

Dynotune Bottle Heater

10lb. bottle

Jetted for 190 shot

Some other things I am probably forgetting

Not sure what the car makes on the 190 shot, 2 years ago on the 125 shot it made 670hp/730tq.

Should be around 750-800 HP & 850-900 tq. , hot blowers love nitrous.

Car spun the tires on the dyno (mobile dynojet at a big car show)

227339790.jpg

227339779.jpg

227339757.jpg

134810621.jpg

134810618.jpg

you still gonna run a carb with that set up or you going to switch it to FI????

Id really like to do a FI system on it but it will more than likely just be carbed.. I know of a company that basicly specializes in setting up carbs for blow though aps.. If I somehow manage to have the cash though injected would be great but unlikely that I will get that kinda "extra" cash..lol TT though is the ultimate goal, really I just need to get the thing on the road and have a little fun with it. It needs quite a bit of work as it sits right now. Be suprised though on how many people have knocked on my door wanting to know if I wanna sell it, just know I would kick myself in the ass the rest of my life if I did..

dohc, Iam not a huge mustang fan but that car is SHARP!!!

RIPPEN

Id really like to do a FI system on it but it will more than likely just be carbed.. I know of a company that basicly specializes in setting up carbs for blow though aps.. If I somehow manage to have the cash though injected would be great but unlikely that I will get that kinda "extra" cash..lol TT though is the ultimate goal, really I just need to get the thing on the road and have a little fun with it. It needs quite a bit of work as it sits right now. Be suprised though on how many people have knocked on my door wanting to know if I wanna sell it, just know I would kick myself in the ass the rest of my life if I did..

dohc, Iam not a huge mustang fan but that car is SHARP!!!

RIPPEN

I have 3 friends running blow threw set ups and believe it or not their cars run great! I thought it was a bad idea at first, but all 3 of their cars turned out nice and run great. one makes over 1200rwhp! its all on who sets up the carb for you and how well they set it up.

I have 3 friends running blow threw set ups and believe it or not their cars run great! I thought it was a bad idea at first, but all 3 of their cars turned out nice and run great. one makes over 1200rwhp! its all on who sets up the carb for you and how well they set it up.

Yeah exactly, if the carbs are set up and beefed up for boost they do just fine.. I know a guy around here that had a basicly junk yard built small block mustang running T-3 Garrets that made close to 600 at the wheels very conservativly. Very little motor mods, basicly just did what he had to do to get it boost friendly.. Car ripped considering how little was done! Iam a huge fan of turbo's.

RIPPEN

Yeah exactly, if the carbs are set up and beefed up for boost they do just fine.. I know a guy around here that had a basicly junk yard built small block mustang running T-3 Garrets that made close to 600 at the wheels very conservativly. Very little motor mods, basicly just did what he had to do to get it boost friendly.. Car ripped considering how little was done! Iam a huge fan of turbo's.

RIPPEN

yeah i know, turbos are no joke. my buddies vette was laying down 1000+ getting 24mpg!!!! thats just wrong! If i ever stop playing with my bikes i will build a new motor with a single turbo set up for my cobra. I was gonna do it this summer, but I'm probably gonna pick up a new bike. If that falls threw I'll be building a 331 boss block with a single. I wanna make 700+rwhp BAD!!!

RIPPEN

ive never had anything turbo'ed yet. but wait until you see my project SS truck , ill b eposting pics of the progress soon . im just getting the rest of my motor parts right now. but goal is 1100+ awhp with around 1500 at the flywheel, lol in a 5500 lb truck with awd.

and dave that 67 is gorgeous , that is my dream muscle car. i plan on building a pro street 68 in a year or so.

Edited by 04chase

ive never had anything turbo'ed yet. but wait until you see my project SS truck , ill b eposting pics of the progress soon . im just getting the rest of my motor parts right now. but goal is 1100+ awhp with around 1500 at the flywheel, lol in a 5500 lb truck with awd.

and dave that 67 is gorgeous , that is my dream muscle car. i plan on building a pro street 68 in a year or so.

I think turbo's are easly the most underated when it comes to the power adder family.. I never used to think much about them, actually thought they more just for diesels-lol- back in early HS but then I think in my soph or jr year I bought a little Dodge Daytona turbo z that had been cranked up a bit.. I ended up cranking it up more and it was actually really impressive.. I fell in love with Turbo's then cause I couldn't believe the amount of power you could get out of a mild 4cyl. Since then I have been pretty involved with turbo's.. My buddy's had a sb chev in a old willies jeep that had a suck through set-up, it ran damn hard to but we did have problems with fuel puddles and it was kinda hokey.. The goofballs didn't have the bost regulated so we seen around 15-16 psi quite a bit and Iam suprised it held together-lol.. Used to beat quite a few quads up our little drag hill with it.. Same buddy not to long ago put a turbo on his 5.0 mustang.. Thing ripped pretty hard as well and he was keeping it kinda conservative.

turbokev.jpg

turbokev3.jpg

turbokev2.jpg

He has since then sold that and is looking to TT a small block for his 70 Duster..

Hell, now that I think of it one of my more favorite turbo cars ever is owned by a member on here.. THE358BANSH is his SN and here is a link to his site Iam guessin..http://www.the-raceshop.com/ Damn his car is sick!

So what you have in store for your SS? Iam tellin you man if you havn't looked to closely into turbo's I recomend you check them out.. They can be kept very streetable and then flat destroy shit at the track.. Here check this out..

Same car :evil:

Oh and one last one thats pretty sick..

RIPPEN

What size turbos and how big of a engine you building?? Do you know what trans your gonna use?? To make that much power i would think your gonna need a set of twin 70mm turbos or bigger and 400+ci motor backed by a RPM 4L80E trans.

• 1 month later...