Looking for a nice port job

shogs

i have had many motors built over the years, when builders told me 3 month turn around it took 6. i recently had 2 top ends ported by kevin herr. 1 week turn around. sent them on mondays they were back in the mail next mon. no bullshit. cylinders fit perfect in a large usps flat rate box, 14.00 with room for packing. cranks fit perfect in a smaller flat rate box, 11.00. with packing. both with tracking.

his turn around is second to none..if you ever have any questions no matter how small or dumb you think it is kevin will answer all and any...top notch in my book..had a aggressive dune port,welded my crank,added my timing plate.tuned my carbs and replaced my domes in less then 10 days turn around... :thumbsup:

I just sent mine to HJR. I sent them priority mail with my carbs. It was 31.80 for shipping ( I think the weight was like 14 lbs) and it took 2 days to get there from NJ. He told me they would be shipped in 2 weeks from him receiving them, however I have heard other people state they got theirs back in less than the time promised. So far his responses to any question have been immediate, and he seems very knowledgeable and willing to answer all my stupid questions, and seems like a super nice guy. I can't wait to get mine back together!

I have a set of mx ported jugs by Jim@ Passion racing.

They fucking run hard, A HUGE improvement from stock.Like I said before, these things have upset alot of 4pokers

Do some re-search Jim builds some badass motors.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103215

Jim does make them scream... hes fairly busy right now, just give him a call see what he has to say.

Edited by banshee332

i talked to Jeff @ FAST a few weeks ago and he was so busy with motors that he hadnt checked HQ in like a month.. i talked to him a few days later and he told me he had like 55 PM's about parts and motors..

i think he told me that he had like 40 something motors to either port or build..

theres a reason for that.

i talked to Jeff @ FAST a few weeks ago and he was so busy with motors that he hadnt checked HQ in like a month.. i talked to him a few days later and he told me he had like 55 PM's about parts and motors..

i think he told me that he had like 40 something motors to either port or build..

theres a reason for that.

Yeah the mans been busy as hell for quite sometime for sure. However a couple days ago I had talked to him and he said that he is actually starting to catching up.. For quite a while when I had seen threads like this I didn't even mention him because I knew he was swamped and turnaround was way out.. But now it sounds like he will be able to do some porting and have it back in a reasonable time.. So, although he may not be able to have it back in two weeks as people are saying Kevin can(which is amazing btw) I think he is to the point to where the turnaround is reasonable.. Maybe he will chime in and be able to give everyone a ballpark for that..

But like you said Loco, there is deffnatly a reason why he is almost always hammered..

RIPPEN

why? he drinks a lot?? :yelrotflmao:

im fuckin funny!!!

Hell loco, im a cheap drunk as i never drink much, give me a few beers and im loopie. : )

Thanks for the props fellas as we try very hard to make each and every motor F.A.S.T. as it can be. Id like to think good things are worth the wait and porting is one of them. We have done extensive testing and run against the competition with overwhelming results.

We are getting much better on wait time too as at 1 time it was 6-8 months out and now (after weeks and weeks of late nights) we are down to only 2-3 weeks which isnt bad considering what your getting. We dont like to "rush" cyl. porting just to knock em out the door in cookie cutter style. We'd rather it take alittle longer and KNOW the job is done right and the WOW factor is there on the first ride out. Seems alot of people base a good port job on how long it takes or how cheap it was. Its also nice to support those who help support the HQ site.

Please do your homework and check around. :beer:

Hell loco, im a cheap drunk as i never drink much, give me a few beers and im loopie. : )

Thanks for the props fellas as we try very hard to make each and every motor F.A.S.T. as it can be. Id like to think good things are worth the wait and porting is one of them. We have done extensive testing and run against the competition with overwhelming results.

We are getting much better on wait time too as at 1 time it was 6-8 months out and now (after weeks and weeks of late nights) we are down to only 2-3 weeks which isnt bad considering what your getting. We dont like to "rush" cyl. porting just to knock em out the door in cookie cutter style. We'd rather it take alittle longer and KNOW the job is done right and the WOW factor is there on the first ride out. Seems alot of people base a good port job on how long it takes or how cheap it was. Its also nice to support those who help support the HQ site.

Please do your homework and check around. :beer:

W/E I get as far as gettin motor work done I will def be coming to you Jeff... :thumbsup: