Trail quad......

So I'm getting some settlement $$$$ at the first of the year, and was thinkin about a trail quad. And turning the Shee into a full on duner. it would need to be somewhat inexpensive....$3500ish... and still be able to beat my buddies and their 700's.

Input? What would you guys ride????

Many people use there shee's as trail machines. Im an example of this. If you can find a great deal on one in your area for maybe like 1500. Take another 1000-1500 and put it into the motor with porting and what not, then take whats left and put it into your suspension and you kill all those 4-pokes

i know that if i can find one cheap enoguh i'd like to have a z400 or kfx400.. i always liked these and thought they were decent for everything... right now i have a warrior as my backup quad

shee... then you can swap parts and don't have to re buys shite

I would get a Raptor 700. YFZ 450s are good too, but the suspension and seats are pretty stiff, especially in 04 and 05. The Raptor 700 has lots of torque, nice seat and suspension, and reverse. No way would I buy a Banshee over a Raptor 700 or YFZ for trail riding.

it depends on what you ride. another banshee is going to be hard to set up right for under 4,000.

and if you do, suspension and a larger fuel tank should be first on the list. YOu could probably find an older YFZ 450 in that range or maybe a Z. If you ride alot of rough terrain the Outlaw is going to be one of the most forgiving rides out with the independent rear suspension. Its got like 10 inhes of ground clearence in the rear and as long as you dont go BIG on the jumps, you cant land wrong on one of those. You will probably need to spend a little more for one though cause they have only been out for a few years. I doubt you can find a Raptor 700 in that range, but you might be able to find a 660r. As far as beating them...If you are talking about a drag race thenyou are going to need a 700. If you are talking on the trails...beat 'em on the bends.

On a side note, my Banshee is my everything quad. But for this winter I will be upgrading the suspension, getting a 5.5 Clarke tank, and a steering stabilizer to make it better for the trails.

I would get a Raptor 700. YFZ 450s are good too, but the suspension and seats are pretty stiff, especially in 04 and 05. The Raptor 700 has lots of torque, nice seat and suspension, and reverse. No way would I buy a Banshee over a Raptor 700 or YFZ for trail riding.

+1.

the 700r raptor is an excellent trail/dune/play do it all bike.

i doubt you will find a decent one in the 3500 price range though.

People can flame me all they want but if your looking for a trail quad id get a warrior. Beat the shit out of it. Personally speaking I may feel alittle bad beating the shit out of a nicer 450 or even a 660 raptor. But if its a trail quad your looking for on a budget dont count out the warrior.

People can flame me all they want but if your looking for a trail quad id get a warrior. Beat the shit out of it. Personally speaking I may feel alittle bad beating the shit out of a nicer 450 or even a 660 raptor. But if its a trail quad your looking for on a budget dont count out the warrior.

AGREED!!! I also have a warawhore as my backup and it has had the holy shit beat out of it and still runs strong....it might smoke a lil like a banshee, have 3 flats, and you only have to pull the clutch like half a inch but it still runs

Find a yfz 450.....Can find them fairly cheap usually and is a 4 poke which is what it sounds like your wanting..My next choice would prolly be a Z400...

Yeah, I was thinkin of a yfz 450 actually. I can get into one for about 3g's where I live, maybe less even. And it would not get a thing done to it.........I'd just ride it.

I've got a Warrior also. It's blowed up now but I had since I was 14 and I beat the shit out of it an ran like a scalded ass ape until 4 years ago when it finally went out and it's an 87 also. Never was rebuilt. Warriors are tough as hell and a good trail bike.. You can find them all day for 1,200.00 to 1,500 all day.. :evil: