Banshee build going baddddddddd

gclark63

Sounds like the flywheel is the only electrical component you haven't replaced...if it was mine I'd find one and at least pull the pipes to see if the pistons look like they aren't moving opposite each other (your crank could be out of phase as you suspect)...

Been looking at finding a flywheel off a running shee and trying it, Pistons are exactly 180* apart. I thought maybe the shaft that the key is on slipped?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try running a ground strap from the frame to the engine. If the engine is at the same potential as the coil, it will not fire. You can check for spark by grounding to the cylinder head and then to the frame.....there should be spark at both.

Have already put a ground wire from engine stud to the frame and no luck.

You can eliminate a piece of the wiring harness to further rule out a possible short. The CDI will plug directly into the stator plug. You may not want to leave it like that, especially if you have lights, but you could try to start it with the CDI hanging from the plug. Probably not the problem, but it's quick and easy to check.

You can eliminate a piece of the wiring harness to further rule out a possible short. The CDI will plug directly into the stator plug. You may not want to leave it like that, especially if you have lights, but you could try to start it with the CDI hanging from the plug. Probably not the problem, but it's quick and easy to check.

Thanks J-Madd

I will give it a shot, I did not think of that.

you mentioned that it quit running on your last ride b 4 doing all the work to this point.you also mentioned that it is kicking back.I would say you have aleast a timing problem.while reading when you said it was kicking back my first thought was a sheared flywheel key.my guess and with out being able to lay my hands on it is only a guess is you have a twisted crank shaft or you have a stator probem.I had a real simular problem to yours a while back and the stator fixed it.I was getting weak fire and wouldn't fire all the time.mine would run but run crappy with poor performance.I replaced my stator and it was back to hang on and let go this way.I will have to say I curious on what wrong and am looking for the results.

you mentioned that it quit running on your last ride b 4 doing all the work to this point.you also mentioned that it is kicking back.I would say you have aleast a timing problem.while reading when you said it was kicking back my first thought was a sheared flywheel key.my guess and with out being able to lay my hands on it is only a guess is you have a twisted crank shaft or you have a stator probem.I had a real simular problem to yours a while back and the stator fixed it.I was getting weak fire and wouldn't fire all the time.mine would run but run crappy with poor performance.I replaced my stator and it was back to hang on and let go this way.I will have to say I curious on what wrong and am looking for the results.

will definately post final results, and thanks for the input.

will definately post final results, and thanks for the input.

Where do you live? Maybe there is someone on here that lives by you that can come take a look at the bike? I am oretty sure you are just missing something simple and that there isn't anything exotic wrong with it.......... :confused:

Where do you live? Maybe there is someone on here that lives by you that can come take a look at the bike? I am oretty sure you are just missing something simple and that there isn't anything exotic wrong with it.......... :confused:

Muleshoe, Tx. 70 miles west of Lubbock, Tx, or 38 miles east of Clovis,NM.

The middle of nowhere lol

Tried it and still no luck.