2009 YFZ450R!

Hey everyone looks like yamaha has jumped back into the game. This new bike looks pretty sick. The only thing I don't like are the front fenders! They should have kept last years plastics! But it says a wet weight of 405lbs. No more oil tank, integrated the oil into larger cases. This thing puts my 2004 yfz450 in the back seat!!!! But my banshee isn't scared and still standing strong.

09SPATV_YFZ450R_Bl_D820_008_edbfd68.jpg

09SPATV_YFZ450R_Bl_D2a20_005_8dcf34.jpg

09SPATV_YFZ450R_Bl_D820_021_ea1b9dc.jpg

09SPATV_YFZ450R_Bl_B2_004_2e4d5754.jpg

Looks like aluminum frame. Any more info where did you get the pics? Knowing yamaha their will be some engine changes other than the cases. Gotta stay on top. Cant make the same bike for 20 yrs anymore.

Yes, you can go to YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION website. Open an account with them and it will let you view all the new models and show alot of info on them. It will also let you view owners manuals to all their models. Pretty neat site.

i dont understand why it weighs so much...

dry weight of a 2008 yfz450 is 350 pounds.. it holds 2.6 gallons of fuel.. lets say thats 8 pounds a gallon.. so there you have 22.4 pounds.. so youre up to 372 pounds. lets say it uses a gallon of antifreeze at 8 pounds a gallon. theres 380 pounds. then a couple quarts of oil could weigh no more than 5 pounds. thats only 385 pounds..

am i missing something here? why the fuck should this brand new aluminum framed 450 weigh 20 more pounds than the 2008?!

dry weight of a 2008 yfz450 is 350 pounds.. it holds 2.6 gallons of fuel.. lets say thats 8 pounds a gallon.. so there you have 22.4 pounds.. so youre up to 372 pounds. lets say it uses a gallon of antifreeze at 8 pounds a gallon. theres 380 pounds. then a couple quarts of oil could weigh no more than 5 pounds. thats only 385 pounds..

am i missing something here? why the fuck should this brand new aluminum framed 450 weigh 20 more pounds than the 2008?!

I was wondering the same thing, thought it must have been a typo error. Sounds like their going backwards if it isn't.

Looks like aluminum frame. Any more info where did you get the pics? Knowing yamaha their will be some engine changes other than the cases. Gotta stay on top. Cant make the same bike for 20 yrs anymore.

Everything about it, including the R model is up on the Yamaha website. :thumbsup:

Wider beefier steel arms. Wider axle. Fuel injection adds weight with all of its components(fuel pump, ecu, electronics, relays and fuses etc.)

I'd bet that solid cast aluminum frame thats bolted not welded together weighs more than the steel frame.

Aluminum might be lighter than steel, but you have to use twice the material to make up the strength.

BTW I've read the LTR is 416 wet.

Wider beefier steel arms. Wider axle. Fuel injection adds weight with all of its components(fuel pump, ecu, electronics, relays and fuses etc.)

I'd bet that solid cast aluminum frame thats bolted not welded together weighs more than the steel frame.

Aluminum might be lighter than steel, but you have to use twice the material to make up the strength.

BTW I've read the LTR is 416 wet.

maybe theres a full craftsman toolbox underneath the seat!!!

:biggrin: