temp guage radiator cap

houdini

That's a good location for one, easy to see. I hadn't seen one of those before, looks like a nice setup.

I did this on my last bike. Looks good and inexpensive but it is unreadable when the bike is running due to vibration. I currently have a thermocouple mounted in a cooling fin tube in line between the head and the rad with a digital readout on the handle bars. Works well but trouble with the battery in the readout unit maintaining contact and constant readout. Still looking for something better.

SP

I have a liquid filled gage that is inline and hooks at the water pump. it has cooling fins too.

the vibration I think is going to KILL this. IMO

I did this on my last bike. Looks good and inexpensive but it is unreadable when the bike is running due to vibration. I currently have a thermocouple mounted in a cooling fin tube in line between the head and the rad with a digital readout on the handle bars. Works well but trouble with the battery in the readout unit maintaining contact and constant readout. Still looking for something better.

SP

well I normaly dont have time to be looking down and trying to read the gauge but a liquid filled gauge will alow of a better read. Another thing is put some bright hash marks for where you want your temp to be and what you dont want it to go over so it will be easier to read when the back needle is in the area you have an idea of what the temp is at and if it passes the line you dont want then you know to shut it down and take it easy. Just a thought or you can pop the none liquid filled and get some tritium paint and paint the needle and still put some lines on the inside of the cap so that why you can read it at night with a little charge of a light everynow and then. (I might have to patten this)

http://dunereview.com/Modifications.htm

This is one that im looking into doing for the shee so its right there and out of the way and readable

Thats HOT... It would be so awesome to have your shee boil over, or not tighten the clamp tight enough

and have some boiling coolant shoot all over you... I'm not a big fan of that setup. Go with the Mr. Gasket

Thermo Cap. 16psi Import size. $25.00 bucks and it just replaces your exisiting cap.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

can anyone tell me where to get a radiator cap that has a temp guage built in, or does such a thing exist. please let me know, i am having some overheating problems.. thanks

my Mr gasket import 16psi thermocap started to bleed coolant today but it works fine no big deal looks cooler green inside it must be the vibration time will tell.never seen it get hotter than 150 deg.