FINALLY. I just bought my first Banshee!

2 minutes ago, Tight_Bolt_Hole said:

I googled "rattle can ray banshee". Dude, what a tool that guy is.

I also googled up that carb recommendation. Is this the correct carb? 

https://www.amazon.com/Keihin-016-144-PWK-28mm-Carburetor/dp/B00C178IYK

The listing title is correct but the picture is wrong. Buying parts off Amazon and eBay is very risky if you dont know what youre doing as there are more knock-offs than real these days. Id be willing to bet West Coast ATV has the real deal for cheaper than the Amazon link you posted.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

The listing title is correct but the picture is wrong. Buying parts off Amazon and eBay is very risky if you dont know what youre doing as there are more knock-offs than real these days. Id be willing to bet West Coast ATV has the real deal for cheaper than the Amazon link you posted.

On your advice. I'm going to buy from them. I just wanted to confirm, that is the correct carb for my bike. I don't know if the 1 carb I have is stock or not. I'll shoot a close up of the carb and do some more google-foo after work today.

Edit: If the 1 carb I have is useable and a decent upgrade, I may try to get away with only buying 1 carb.... I kinda want to see how little $ I can spend to get this thing blasting the sand on the beach here in Baja.

Edited by Tight_Bolt_Hole

1 minute ago, kawa110 said:

The carbs are specific to right or left cylinder.
U have a great start.
Just spend the time on here listen to the advice.
Pipes are nice, I would leak test and comp test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take down and inspection is on my list. I'm in the middle of rebuilding an 8.8 rear end for my truck. I'm going to button that up and clean my shop before I start on the banshee.

1 minute ago, kawa110 said:

If you buy the 28’s I have angled filters brand new I didn’t use I’ll sell you.

What’s the 8.8 going in?

I'll take you up on those filters. Where are you? Are we looking at a pay pal and ship or ??

I have an f150 ('98) project truck. I'm building a 393 SBF stroker for it. It's a factory clutch truck, I have a ZF5 to swap for the Mazda trans.

I bought a mangled 8.8 and stripped it out. Hit the bone yard and pulled a 3.73 limited slip diff, ring gear and pinion. I have a Yukon clutch pack to rebuild the diff before I put it in. I have one more stubborn ass bearing to get off. Then I can install the new diff and check my runout. 

3 minutes ago, kawa110 said:

I’m in so cal 92256
I’ll ship
Yes PayPal.
I may have a throttle cable as well. No throttles though.

Pre runner truck?

We can meet in person. I'm in Rosarito Beach, MX. I cross into Cali most days for work.

No, not a Pre Runner. Just a good running truck to tow my project garbage around. I did rebuild the front end, with Bilstein's and 2 inch spacers. New ball joints, tie rod ends, nothing special. Just some leveling for looks. You can loose a vehicle in Mexico super quick, so I never invest too much money.