Lonestar Racing A-Arm issue

BlackandYellowBanshee

Iv got some Lonestar Racing A-arms on my quad. Maybe 20 hrs on them max. From the beginning, my upper arms had slop, like the bushings were too big for the pivot tube causing play in the upper a arms. I figure now that it is winter, I have time to get this issue fixed for good.  I am waiting on new bushings from Lonestar, but I am doubting that this will fix my problem based on the fact that the bushings never fit right from the beginning, new bushings shouldn't fix the problem unless i was sent the wrong ones when I bought the arms. I am wondering if I should be using the stock dust caps to hold the upper bolt snug to prevent the play that I have. I feel like the slop would be fixed, but only because the load  would be held by the dust cover holes and not the bushings. Im not sure if the covers are designed to hold a load in place. Any insight would be great or if someone is running these arms, if they can tell me if they are using the stock dust covers. I cant find the original installation instructions to verify if they are used or not. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, lastnline75 said:

Lonestar arms use the factory dust caps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This! Also the arms should have little black spacers. It should go dust cap, black spacer then arm. You could also do the black spacers differently. 2 in front, or one in front one in back, or two spacers in the back. Most run one spacer in the front and one in the back 

• Like 1

If the bushing is tight in the a-arm, but loose on the bolt, you will always have slop. Either you have the wrong bushing or the wrong bolt. 

Dust cap will help take up space along the bolt to stop any sliding along the axis of the bolt, but will not fix slop because of wrong bushing ID.

As far as I know everything is factory as far as bolts go. Tried looking up oem bolts and they don’t look any different. I installed the new lonestar bushings and like I guessed, they were the same. My play is coming from the pivot tube in the bushing. Like the tube should be a tighter fit in the bushing, but hell, if the pivot tube is bigger than the bolt then that play will always be there. I installed new dust caps. Really tidy’d it up and took some of the play out. Still a little play. Before the caps, everything was still snug, I actually had to lightly bend out the tabs make the dust covers fit. Now everything is super snug. But my play is more of a vertical play. If I really get to shaking the top a arm. I can see slight movement where that pivot tube plays in the bushing (or where the bolt plays in the tube). This has to be normal, because now I know everything is correct. I did have a buddy make me new bushings where the pivot tube fit very snug into the inner pivot tube, but I still had that slight movement which tells me the movement is coming from inbetween the bolt and tube. I’m sure once it’s packed with grease, it’ll be less sloppy. Let’s put it this way, before the slop was concerning. After I put the dust covers on, I am much less concerned. Maybe 2mm of movement. Let me know if maybe I’m over looking something or if my train of thought is off.

Dust covers shouldn't make a difference in your vertical movement. They are dust covers, not bushings. They protect the bushings from getting dirty. Your bushings, sleeve, and bolt should be what eliminates any play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk