Be Very careful where you send your Motor!!!!!

887ru

It could be the best running motor in the world. Fact is he payed for a service that was not performed. Id want (EXPECT) my money back for the dyno session as well. Lets be realistic here... ANYONE in their right mind that has a motor built for performance by a builder is an absolute fucking moron to not have it dynod, or to even consider a builder without a dyno. Why in the fuck would anyone pay big bucks for a motor that a builder claims will make “x” amount of power without any proof? Only a dumb fuck if you ask me. I learned my lesson on trusting a builders word yrs ago. FUCK THAT!! I need me some proof!
Right. I was jc wasnt being sarcastic sry

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Direct from Nate to me via FB PM..

"His trans he provided (against my advice) had a bent tooth on 5th. I didn't see the distortion with my naked eye. It rolled ok until after assembly. Then the bind showed up. I haven't updated the invoices. He actually had a remaining balance for the extra tear-down labor, and the carb work."

Seems this is where some of the extra labor charges came from. Carbs were sent from Nate to Cam and then back to Nate. Who paid for that? I'm guessing the OP. As far as the trans bind goes, I had this happen once. Trans spun fine with the cases apart, then got into a bind when together. Turned out in my case one of the trans shafts was slightly warped causing the issue.

Nate also sent me this..

"I updated the invoice, and sent it to him. The balance after credit for the dyno. (Less 2hrs for install/removal of engine in the roller) is about 500.00 owed."

Seems to me this all makes sense.. The time to install/uninstall. Then having parts shipped back and forth to different people.

I'm honestly not having a hard time seeing how this went. Nate said he was up front about the time delay from the move. Moving takes time, especially when you have heavy equipment that requires tear down and set up.

Nate probably could have handled this differently, but let's be real here.. Anyone that owns a business has been through this exact same shit. I know I have and no matter what you do, you end up looking like the asshole. Sometimes you have to say fuck it and move on.

$2,445 for a turn key 4 mil on alky. Fuck that $350 do you both a favor and wash your hands with it. Idk what type of motor you had built but my 4 mil motor turn key is going to be close to 5k. Lesson learned find a new builder for the next one and see what you have to complain about on that one.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, hotrod9193 said:

$2,445 for a turn key 4 mil on alky. Fuck that $350 do you both a favor and wash your hands with it. Idk what type of motor you had built but my 4 mil motor turn key is going to be close to 5k. Lesson learned find a new builder for the next one and see what you have to complain about on that one.

I sent him A 90hp motor To find more power and rebuild, I didn't have him start from scratch.

51 minutes ago, locogato11283 said:

If the dude called yelling and screaming saying send it back right now, then yes.

I've literally witnessed almost this exact thing first hand.

I Never called Yelling at anyone that's crazy, Ms. Kimmer called me and we had a 20 min Convo on how she was sorry & My money would be returned. She got my address and shipped the motor over that same phone call. That's the one and only time I spoke with Nate and kimmer.

45 minutes ago, locogato11283 said:

"His trans he provided (against my advice) had a bent tooth on 5th. I didn't see the distortion with my naked eye. It rolled ok until after assembly. Then the bind showed up. I haven't updated the invoices. He actually had a remaining balance for the extra tear-down labor, and the carb work."

Seems this is where some of the extra labor charges came from. Carbs were sent from Nate to Cam and then back to Nate. Who paid for that? I'm guessing the OP. As far as the trans bind goes, I had this happen once. Trans spun fine with the cases apart, then got into a bind when together. Turned out in my case one of the trans shafts was slightly warped causing the issue.

Nate also sent me this..

"I updated the invoice, and sent it to him. The balance after credit for the dyno. (Less 2hrs for install/removal of engine in the roller) is about 500.00 owed."

Seems to me this all makes sense.. The time to install/uninstall. Then having parts shipped back and forth to different people.

I'm honestly not having a hard time seeing how this went. Nate said he was up front about the time delay from the move. Moving takes time, especially when you have heavy equipment that requires tear down and set up.

Nate probably could have handled this differently, but let's be real here.. Anyone that owns a business has been through this exact same shit. I know I have and no matter what you do, you end up looking like the asshole. Sometimes you have to say fuck it and move on.

Who sends out a Complete motor Without receiving Full payment? LIKE I SAID DUDE IS A JOKE. 

48 minutes ago, locogato11283 said:

Nate also sent me this..

I paid for shipping of all parts out of pocket Kimmer Has every invoice. Again Who sends a completed motor without taking full payment? What kind of business cheats the customer into paying extra, not doing the job, promising a refund, Ignoring you for months, Then come out and say you weren't paid to begin with? Pure BS I have the Final invoice from Kimmer In hand Not some BS invoice he got mad and created this morning to save his ass. Anybody that can't see the big picture here is crazy.

You get what you pay for plain and simple. You didn't send that motor to him with the exptations of gaining more power. You sent it to have it refreshed. You had bad trans bad carbs and needed cylinders plated. Plus pistons and rings, all new bearings on crank, gaskets and seals ECT. Plus his labor sounds to me like a decent deal. He could of held your motor asked for more money for his time dealing with trans and carbs issues.

All of this over $350????? Focking give it up!!!!!!

Edit-- I had a good ol N2O paragraph typed out and deleted it. Just agree to disagree and move the fuck on. If that $350 is as big of a deal as you are leading to believe then you really need to sell the thing and get yourself into a better financial position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hotrod9193 said:

You get what you pay for plain and simple. You didn't send that motor to him with the exptations of gaining more power. You sent it to have it refreshed. You had bad trans bad carbs and needed cylinders plated. Plus pistons and rings, all new bearings on crank, gaskets and seals ECT. Plus his labor sounds to me like a decent deal. He could of held your motor asked for more money for his time dealing with trans and carbs issues.

Why pay for porting then sir? We port for power right? Or maby im lost?

I paid for a new trans, plating, pistons, bearings & all seals and gaskets. I paid Him him to port, assembly, and dyno. Don't see how I caught a deal when I paid outright for all my parts & services sir. Please explain.

Edited by 887ru

Again we sent him a motor I ran one season to rebuild and find power. Anyone speaking on our financial situation obviously doesn't follow us on Facebook because we support all the top sponsors in the sport. Im not here to debate with yall, just simply putting it out there for guys looking to get motors built. 

I paid for a new trans, plating, pistons, bearings & all seals and gaskets. I paid Him him to port, assembly, and dyno. Don't see how I caught a deal when I paid outright for all my parts & services sir. Please explain.
Smh I'm new to the banshee world and I know there are way better options for engine builders out there if your searching for more power. You DID NOT send that motor to him expecting to gain more HP! you sent him that motor to save your $$$ that's why your on here crying over $350. End of my rant