421 Driveline (LP) w/ SLPs

Ayesully810

Says mild porting, wonder if it isn't enough? The cast port timing on a LP is very low, maybe the snipers and shearers don't like the low numbers.

Lane said that on these he cleaned up the tripple ports and transfers.  Its how he ports them after they are plated, so its not "cast" cast.  Tomorrow we are going to throw the SLPs back on, throw some different reeds on there and change the needle position. We had a suspected air leak that we had to take care of (reeds were not sealing on the intakes) The vf3s are wider around the cages and dont fit very natural so we had to fix that.  We dropped the main jet quite a bit but we are having a hard time leaning it out. It keeps wanting to stay around 12.5 on AFR so we are done messing with the main because we dont wanna go too low.  Was thinking that maybe longer filters might help a little too? Any thoughts on that? Running 6 inch pods on 35s right now.

curious... did either claude or aysul get porting on the LP cylinders or are they a as cast with clean up only? 

I'd imagine the LP cylinders are just a starting baseline for porting directions....

Lane cleaned up the triples and bottom of the transfers a bit I believe. Nothing crazy 

Although I really like HP/TQ curves, I was hoping for higher numbers overall. I was thinking on 110 that mid 80s and high 40s low 50s was obtainable. But the power @ 7K is nuts.

Same here, I was thinking on 110 it would be a little higher.  But we arent done yet some maybe we can dink around with a few more things tomorrow and see what happens.  Im def happy with the 51 torque it made today. I mean, I am happy with the HP too.  This will be a very fun ride. 

For trail riding if you over rev on the slp's so be it... but if you where in any kind of race and over rev those pipes it will act and look like as if you hit a brick wall.  VS other pipes that allow over rev,  the bike wont fall on its face so harshly 

What about climbing up a dune with it pinned in 4th? You think this would be the same affect? 

This is all rather interesting, if your into these kind of things. 

Years back (before the Serval) I ended up with a 7mil cub that was decked down to a 4mil (that basically made it near what a Serval is) from Redline that made 80/50 with T-5s. I only rode it once before I parted it and shipped the motor to Australia. Shortly after the Serval was released by CP and was "advertised" as an out of the box 80/50 deal. Well, as many know it takes some pretty good massaging to get them to 80/50. It can be done, but requires some added time by a builder to do some grinding in a few select places. So here we are now with the Driveline stuff that Lane and Bill were very careful on what they said they would make and simply implied that they would be "comparable"..... I think this pretty well puts the Driveline LP stuff in front of the Serval in an out of the box performance comparison. 

• Like 2

Bill did mine. The timing is 'as cast' but he did everything else (intake, exhaust, tranfer)

I was expecting about 85hp on pump. You got 75hp with 110... So i'm lucky if i got 70hp on mine, wich is far below what i expected.

Serval on pump gas are doing 85hp all day.

85 on pump gas out of the box?