My '93 Banshee project

I had a Banshee about 10 years ago and loved it. It was a pump gas 4mil and it ran good. Fastest bike I'd owned up until that point (mainly because I went from a 300ex to the Banshee). I've wanted another one ever since I sold my last one all those years ago. So recently I began looking to buy one to have to cruise around the dunes again.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, I was sitting in the backseat on the way home from the PRI show in Indy, scrolling through Facebook and found this gem. I didn't know anything else about it besides it was all white, looked to be in great shape from the pics, and the guy said it ran. So, I told him I wanted it and would pick it up when I got back into town. I gathered up most of the money I made from powder coating those stupid Yeti cups everybody wanted for Christmas this year, and went to pick it up.

This thing turned out to be a MINT condition 1993 model, with a cool head, carb tuning, pod filters, Pro Circuit pipes, and gearing.

270EB918-7AD9-4BE9-8FAC-7F7123B1EADB.jpe

I told myself I wasn't going to do anything to it besides dress it up with some powder coating and put some paddles on it and ride it to save hours on my raptor...but I'm a liar, even to myself lol. Threw some sand tires on it and took it to the river close to my house to try it out. Something didn't feel quite right, but I didn't care because it was nice out and I was making 2stroke noises lol

F1BC8B53-55C2-4ADB-BD2B-2A41BDFB296D.jpg

51F07A34-70F7-4665-8532-1CD5D80877BD.jpe

The next day, a bunch of buddies were getting together at Whitefield in Porum, OK to get one more ride in before the cold weather set in. So, I loaded it up and made the 3 hour drive east to have some fun. Unfortunately that problem I felt the day before stopped me before I really got started. Literally broke the clutch within the first 5 minutes and got to sit and watch everyone else have fun for the next 4 hours lol

B6E78513-D9E4-444A-BB3D-681E43BA209A.jpe

E195A905-4FA1-4A16-A259-EA48F6B7F92E.jpe

BC57D113-DE6A-41E8-B18E-65491D21B597.jpg

AADCE452-BC6D-42D3-8312-9830F337CF90.jpg

While I was sitting there that day, I ordered a Driveline Perfomance clutch kit so I could fix this thing and get back to riding quickly. This short wait is where things started to snowball lol. Since the clutch cover was off, I decided to powder coat it. Then I ordered a new water pump cover and clutch cap and powder coated those. Then I decided I wanted to take the front end apart and powder coat the a arms, spindles, hubs and calipers. Got all that done besides the a arms because I didn't feel like messing with the balljoints. So I ordered some +2 +1 a arms off ebay that I'm going to powder coat when they show up.

95587D9D-50F3-42E9-A547-DC29776B32E8.jpg

366A3C9F-0A9A-416C-B861-58ACDC77842D.jpe

Once all that stuff was done, I started looking at the rear of the bike. I was just going to powder coat the stock stuff, but, the stock carrier on these things is ugly and dumb and I knew I wouldn't keep it long anyways. So, I gave Tyson Racing a shout to build me a +6 swinger and I ordered a normal carrier and brake stay for that.

Picture he sent me of what it's going to look like. A little different than the one he built for my raptor

7CE9EB1F-6AD5-4EEA-91BA-22E0D591E371.jpg

I was pretty content with all that...for a couple hours lol. Then my brain started wandering again after I was tagged in a post on facebook about a nice 4mil for sale locally...How much could I get for my stock motor? So, I put it on ebay, complete with carbs and ready to bolt in and run. In 4 days, someone used the buy it now button and it was sold! So I boxed it up for shipping and then went and picked up my new to me 4mil complete with carbs and override.

Out with the old:

634F2084-4EF7-4DBC-B0D8-479E0B42CE85.jpe

3A0CB98E-5C46-4E6C-AA47-45C1B7FD4BF0.jpe

In with the new:

9C65F279-07C3-445A-B046-C0F2629CD5E2.jpe

So this is now how it sits in my garage. Waiting on the a arms to show up so I can coat them and then put the front end back together and set it on all fours. Then when the swing arm comes in I'll start on the rear of the bike. Going to pull the covers and maybe some other miscellaneous things on the motor and powder coat them to stay with the white/black theme of the bike. Hoping this will all hold me over for awhile. Only other things will maybe be some Hi-Per beadlocks(I know, they're heavy. I don't care, they look cool and this thing isn't going to be that fast anyways lol) and some different/better tires.

8CBB0B67-013C-4257-A312-C253FB849E36.jpe