iPod Music

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

burn them to 4.7 gb dvd, and burn them to a data format,ex: start nero or whatever program u use for burning cds and select data dvd,then copy past all tha ssongs u wwant, and walla, or u can save it on a external hard disk,lol i hope i did not confuse u

EDITE: oh and if u get a new computer there is a program usually it comes with tha pc.its called sync or pc sync on of them, u have to connect ur new computer with tha 1 ur using now using a ups cable

sa3ood :evil:

Edited by sa3ood_banshee

Yeah i heard a few people talk about those external harddrives. I may end up just doin that. It would suck if i lose 5000 songs it took me forever and alot of friends cds that i loaded.

yea you can buy a external for really cheap now days, i have movies music picts file all kind of shit on mine and its no where near half way full

get an external harddrive an save everything thats important. few months back i lost over 7thousand songs that i downloaded off limewire. lost all my photography. and some important documents. I kept telling myself i'll save it all 1 day soon next thing i knew it was all gone. That was a real eye opener for me.

See i don't use limewire or any program like that...I load CDs and buy albums off iTunes is it. So the 5k songs i have now are all great quality full album cds. I've borrowed every one of my buddies cd cases and loaded there music on my iTunes so i have some good quality expensive stuff that i don't want to lose.

• 1 month later...

Hey hope you see this Greg but is this what i need to buy to back up my music? How does this work just plug it into the USB port and transfrer or backup the music? What happens if i get another computer and download iTunes i can plug this external drive in and transfer the music?

Any help is appreciated by others....I got to much time and money in my music i do not wanna have to do this again and start all over.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218009475263

I got my eye on this one, think I'll grab one soon:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136227

That FreeAgent looks good, although most external HDDs have to have a separate power cord/brick, the one above gets power thru the USB cord, only one like it I've seen so far. Backing up to DVD isn't a bad idea but they suffer the same shortcomings of any other optical media, scratches get you a nice coaster and not yer data. Of course I've also heard that hard drives are more prone to failure than any other component (in my experience they aren't mebbe I'm just lucky), so your best bet is not to put all your eggs in one basket; cram as much as you can on your pod, keep a copy of all of 'em (ideally) on your hard drive and back it all up once in a while to an external, you should be good to go.

Hey hope you see this Greg but is this what i need to buy to back up my music? How does this work just plug it into the USB port and transfrer or backup the music? What happens if i get another computer and download iTunes i can plug this external drive in and transfer the music?

Any help is appreciated by others....I got to much time and money in my music i do not wanna have to do this again and start all over.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218009475263

yup that would work fine.

basically what you do is go to your c drive and copy any and all files that you want to save. you cant backup programs, only files. so say you had a special version of an anti virus, you would not be able to save the program but you could save the install file to load the program... does that make sense?

So with like itunes, you would go to where you have all your mousic saved, and copy it to the external hd. so if you wiped your c drive you can just go back to the external and copy the folder they are saved in a transfer them back to your c drive and then point itunes to the files.

It isnt a good idea to play the music from the backup hard drive though. make sure you play it from the c drive becasue you run less of a chance of loosing the backedup data that way