how to polish a cub

Rollerstarter

To do it right, you'll need some tools....bench grinder, die grinder, roloc pads (3M preferred), sandpaper, various sized buffing wheels, and a couple different compounds. If you don't have these tools, it's worth it to send it to cascade and let them polish it for a couple hundred bucks, since you'll spend that to buy the tools needed to get the job done.

But, you'll polish the cylinders just as you would any aluminum surface, the end result will be as good as the prep work put into the job.

To do it right, you'll need some tools....bench grinder, die grinder, roloc pads (3M preferred), sandpaper, various sized buffing wheels, and a couple different compounds. If you don't have these tools, it's worth it to send it to cascade and let them polish it for a couple hundred bucks, since you'll spend that to buy the tools needed to get the job done.

But, you'll polish the cylinders just as you would any aluminum surface, the end result will be as good as the prep work put into the job.

HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN THIS .. I HAVE A BIKE WITH A POLISHED BLOCK AND HEADS... IF THIS THING HITS A WATER OR MUD .. WHAT WORKS BEST TO CLEAN IT WITHOUT LEAVING THE ALUMIUM WHITE IN COLOR ???

I USE SIMPLE GREEN TO REMOVE THE DIRT THEN YOU USE WHATEVER ALUMINUM POLISH YOU PREFER TO KEEP IT SHINING

simple green is what i normally use , i thought there might have been some else .. not sure if the enviormentally safe formula works as good as the old one !!

loll sorry for the caps ....

Edited by INFINITIED

Believe it or not...K&N Air filter cleaner works AWESOME to remove the dirt as well.

If I get a little dirt on my carbs, it's hard to get in the little crevices, etc.

I spray on the K&N Cleaner, let it sit for 5 minutes, no scrubbing...hose it off.

I was absolutely amazed....

simple green is what i normally use , i thought there might have been some else .. not sure if the enviormentally safe formula works as good as the old one !!

i have a jug of that enviromentally challenged simple green that you speak of and it

does work well.

• 4 months later...

:kiss:

I USE SIMPLE GREEN TO REMOVE THE DIRT THEN YOU USE WHATEVER ALUMINUM POLISH YOU PREFER TO KEEP IT SHINING

LOL

Believe it or not...K&N Air filter cleaner works AWESOME to remove the dirt as well.

If I get a little dirt on my carbs, it's hard to get in the little crevices, etc.

I spray on the K&N Cleaner, let it sit for 5 minutes, no scrubbing...hose it off. I was absolutely amazed....

:biggrin:

:blink::blush::confused: :cool: :evil::down: :ermm: :geek: :happy: :huh: :kiss: :laugh: :mad: :mellow: :ninja: :ohmy: :sick:-_-

THATS JUST TOO FUNNY!!!