Klotz Supertechniplate

I use the stuff... and I love it. I hear great things about it.

I ran it through the bike for a year with my old 2 into 1 setup, and the top end was in awesome shape after I tore it down to have the jugs ported.

In this bike, I never ran anything else. I was considering Castor 927, but never switched. I love the way it smells, and even more, I love how it has all the good lubricants. And it seems to really mix well compared to others I have seen.

But then I hear a few guys talking about how it gums up the works. I remember it was either Jim at Passion, or Jeff at F.A.S.T, that said Klotz motors were some of the ugliest they ever did.

But I didn't see an ugly motor before the teardown. And the guy who had it before me had 20 hours on the top end using Klotz. AndI had some time on it too. A whole summer's worth of riding it on the weekends. The top end looked great, and I was mixing AT THE TIME 40:1 using 100 octane.

I now obviously have a completely different setup, not even the same bike anymore. But still use Klotz Supertech at 32:1 or 36:1 with 105 octane. And the motor runs great.

But what do you guys have to say about this stuff? Is there any downfalls to it? I can't see any myself. But for the guys who use it, or have in the past, what do you guys think? Most seem to think it is good stuff, but it just got me thinking when I remembered the time I read that on here from one of the big time motor builders.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What mixtures are you guys running in gas and alky?

I'd be curious to see more replies.

I really like the stuff, but even some guys locally say it gums up the works. But some of these same guys don't watch things closely. I have seen a kid around here mix his own gas, let's say 32:1 which I think it was with Klotz Supertech, And the same day go buy Maxima K2 in the purple bottle I think and mix it 40:1 and throw it in the same tank with a half tank of the 32:1 Klotz. That will mess things up I bet.

But running it straight, with the same consistency seems to work good for me so far. I am going to stock with 32:1-36:1 on my bike through this top end build, and see what it looks like in a year or two. I only run my bike from May through the end of August due to our Archery season for deer starting up the beginning of October here in Pa. I need to get ready for that.

But I definately put enough time on her in that time period through the summer months. So I will see what happens...

But anybody else have comments on this product? You really can't beat the smell either, but that doesn't even matter. But I like it alot because of other things, the smell is just a HUGE bonus lol

I use the stuff... and I love it. I hear great things about it.

I ran it through the bike for a year with my old 2 into 1 setup, and the top end was in awesome shape after I tore it down to have the jugs ported.

In this bike, I never ran anything else. I was considering Castor 927, but never switched. I love the way it smells, and even more, I love how it has all the good lubricants. And it seems to really mix well compared to others I have seen.

But then I hear a few guys talking about how it gums up the works. I remember it was either Jim at Passion, or Jeff at F.A.S.T, that said Klotz motors were some of the ugliest they ever did.

But I didn't see an ugly motor before the teardown. And the guy who had it before me had 20 hours on the top end using Klotz. AndI had some time on it too. A whole summer's worth of riding it on the weekends. The top end looked great, and I was mixing AT THE TIME 40:1 using 100 octane.

I now obviously have a completely different setup, not even the same bike anymore. But still use Klotz Supertech at 32:1 or 36:1 with 105 octane. And the motor runs great.

But what do you guys have to say about this stuff? Is there any downfalls to it? I can't see any myself. But for the guys who use it, or have in the past, what do you guys think? Most seem to think it is good stuff, but it just got me thinking when I remembered the time I read that on here from one of the big time motor builders.

Tony the guy who did the machine work to my motor tells me Klotz is the worst 2-cycle you can buy. I used it in the past but switched to 927. I can really say nothing bad about it but I just took his advice and went with 927.

What mixtures are you guys running in gas and alky?

I'd be curious to see more replies.

I really like the stuff, but even some guys locally say it gums up the works. But some of these same guys don't watch things closely. I have seen a kid around here mix his own gas, let's say 32:1 which I think it was with Klotz Supertech, And the same day go buy Maxima K2 in the purple bottle I think and mix it 40:1 and throw it in the same tank with a half tank of the 32:1 Klotz. That will mess things up I bet.

But running it straight, with the same consistency seems to work good for me so far. I am going to stock with 32:1-36:1 on my bike through this top end build, and see what it looks like in a year or two. I only run my bike from May through the end of August due to our Archery season for deer starting up the beginning of October here in Pa. I need to get ready for that.

But I definately put enough time on her in that time period through the summer months. So I will see what happens...

But anybody else have comments on this product? You really can't beat the smell either, but that doesn't even matter. But I like it alot because of other things, the smell is just a HUGE bonus lol

becarful mixing it with other oils. SuperTechniplate will not mix with petrolium based oils

I don't like mixing it with other oils period. Don't plan on it... and never did.

Matt, I think he might be the one passing out the info around here. Skeeter motors down behind Gezzis. He did my buddy's motor 4-5 years ago and told him the same. He went from Klotz to Golden Spectro after Skeeterz built his motor for him.

klotz is the only oil i use in anything 2-stroke i own. The only klotz i know of that can gum up a engine if you run it like a pussy is benol. I ran it in a dirtbike that has a powervalve and it gumed it up but thats because i rode it mostly on the trails. Other than that klotz is a good oil. I also run R50 and i had about 20 hrs. on my top-end when i tore it down and it looked like new.....honestly any of the good named oils like klotz, golden spectro, honda hp, amsoil, and maxima if there mixed properly wont do shit to your engine. Its all personal preference. One person will say maxima is the shit and the other will say its garbage and amsoil is the shit. Untill someone has "proof" that it was the oil's fault for there engine blowing up or seizing i would run w/e you want. 99.9% of the time its the dumbass that doesnt know how to mix gas and oil, runs there 2-stroke wide open for 2 miles, or has no idea how to jet there carbs are the cause for the problems.....not the oil.

Edited by bansheejoel

Tony the guy who did the machine work to my motor tells me Klotz is the worst 2-cycle you can buy. I used it in the past but switched to 927. I can really say nothing bad about it but I just took his advice and went with 927.

Even Quakerstate or Penzoil?

Well he is kind of going against his own word with that statement. Here is why.

The reason why Klotz Supertechniplate can dirty up an engine is because it is 80% Synthetic and 20% Benol Caster Oil.

Caster Oil is one of the best lubercating and protecting 2 stroke oils out there. The down side to it is that it is also the dirtiest burning oil too.

What kind of oil do you think is in Maxima Caster 927? The same dirty buring caster oil that is in the Supertechniplate.

927 is also a blend of Caster oil and Synthetic oil. I dont see how 927 is a cut above klotz supertechniplate when they both contain caster oil.

Running Supertechniplate wont damage your engine. I have never had stuck piston rings, or excess carbon on the tops of my pistons.

If it is absolutly is going to freak you out run Klotz R50 100% synthetic. I have ran Klotz Benol wich is 100% caster oil with no problems. I sure as heck wouldnt loose any sleep over 80% synthetic 20% benol caster oil.

josh

Anybody else here run this stuff and have any input? I won't make a switch, if I ever do, until the next rebuild which won't be for awhile.

I will still stick with the Klotz, just curious to see what people have to say about it.