Installing a degree key to go +4...

I ran the search in repair/mods and did not really turn anything up... Does anyone have a good procedure on installing a degree key? I have a +4 key I want to install... Sorry for such a newb

question, but hey... I'm a newb...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the timing plate wont break and leave you stranded.

Snop...

Apparently he doesn't want experience or credible advice...he'd rather just go the free route, and find out NOTHING is free.

So...here's my advice. get the correct tool that threads into the inside of the flywheel, don't use a 3 jaw puller, it will bend the flywheel.

Pullers are 10 bucks....make sure you clean the threads on the flywheel, they will be rusty and dirty.

Was that too much to weed through??

The keys are crap, to hard to install, and shear real easy and no adjustablility. The cast plates are fine the billet plates are real nice not really any stress on the plate itself so unless your prying it on and off you shouldnt break it which you shouldnt be doing any way :blink: .

Yes,...but it is the same uniform thickness top to bottom. All the degree key does is offset that, giving it an easier shear point.

This wont happen... My key has been specially fabricated from titanium alloy...