FLAT TRACK INDIANA

wittle350

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY FLAT RACKS IN OR AROUND SOUTHERN INDIANA, AND HAS ANYBODY EVER RACE A LAWRENCEBURG INDIANA, HEARD THEY RACE ON THE BIKE FLAT TRACK UP THERE. JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I AM WANTING TO GET INTO IT NOW THAT I HAVE SET THE BANSHEE UP FOR IT.

post-29508-1216941364.jpg

Edited by wittle350

alright, finally, found this www.lawrenceburgmotorcyclespeedway.com (DEARBORN CO. INDIANA at the fair grounds) Looks like these guys run every friday night. but the track looks like a built banshee would over power the place, probably be sideways around most of the track.

Edited by wittle350

alright, finally, found this www.lawrenceburgmotorcyclespeedway.com (DEARBORN CO. INDIANA at the fair grounds) Looks like these guys run every friday night. but the track looks like a built banshee would over power the place, probably be sideways around most of the track.

Thats what I want righr there. Ill check out the site.

Looking at that track its narrow and has an even smaller bule gruve. Soo, the rider that gets the wholeshot is going to win. Set up ur bike just to get that holeshot, and on a banshee that shouldnt be hard. Once your out front just take up the whole lane. If you get the setup right you will hook up just fine.

www.cyclenews.com This site will give most atv/dirt bike events for any state. Looks like you guys in northern part of Indiana have alot more flat track going on than what we do in souhtern part. I have been thinking about getting in conact with the owner of Clark County Fairgrounds and see we could maybe put a race on. But dont know if i could get enoough people together to make it worth our time. If you guys think we could then spread word and reply back to this thread to set date and see if we get enough riders. And i will get in conact with the owner and see if it is possible. I do know that they race the go-karts on this track. 3 years ago we use to drag race atv's down the middle of this track so i do know that the straight aways are 200 feet or better.

Edited by wittle350

From Indy to Track 1hr 20min , Im about 15 min from track out in the sticks. :biggrin:

That wouldn't be to bad of a drive. Have you been to the badlands? Going tomorrow and was wondering if they had a flat track still, been years since I'v been there, they had one then but I havn't heard anybody talk about it.

You guys should try the scrambles at Haspin Acers. Tons of fun if you dont mind dirtying up your quad.

I dont really mind mine getting dirty its just a pain when go to clean. i have been to haspin twice, the first time we had a pretty good time although we spent most of our time at the drag strip, second time didnt go so well do to us arriving during scrambles that day one of our riding buddies was T-Boned by a four poke coming out of a trail. havent been back since but sill think its a decent place to ride.