Maxes irazr's or Duro Hook Ups

Dinner

Hey guys,

Being as I am starting to put together my Banshee for this season, I need to figure out what sort of tire I want to run for the rears. To me, it seems like the Irazr's or the Hook Ups (which are pretty much the same thing) would be a fairly good tread for hook up. I will mostly be running hard packed dirt, gravel roads (hard), and gravel/sand pits. Soo if anything has any experience with either of those tires, do you like them, good traction, etc? I think they would hook like cut Knarly's??

Thanks,

Dinner

I run the Hookups all the way around on my 720cc Stroked Raptor. They do work real well. I would deffinatly get them again and plus you save a few bucks over the I razr's.

Do you have any pictures of them mounted on your Rappy?

I accidentally bought the iRazr's. After riding them, I love them. My sig has my engine mods. After softening up the rear suspension, they really bite good. I still need to get some fronts. I think they're a good buy. Here's some pics.

You have a very good lookin' shee! Your thread about it's new look is what got me thinking of trying either the Irazr's or the Hook Ups...they look like they bite good :thumbsup:

You have a very good lookin' shee! Your thread about it's new look is what got me thinking of trying either the Irazr's or the Hook Ups...they look like they bite good :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I would recommend them. I don't have much time on them , so I don't know how they wear. They are a radial, so I imagine they should wear okay.

Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I would recommend them. I don't have much time on them , so I don't know how they wear. They are a radial, so I imagine they should wear okay.

my buddy has a shee with I razr's all around they do bite pretty good but he has told me they do wear pretty quick if yur not careful with them other then that there great from what ive seen and been told

Well guys, went to my local shop today and priced out a whole bunch of different tires. Fricken wanted $152 EACH for the irazr's...so i'm kinda saying screw that.

Though I would like to have a set to run and see how they do, like they look like they will run pretty sweet on hard packed dirt...I'm going with the Kenda Knarly's. They retail for $86 CDN and he's giving me a discount on them so I'm looking at $70 each for Knarly's. I know Knarly's do fairly well on hard packed, especially if you shave/cut every other row. So we'll try these babies out and see how they do.

Thanks for the replies though guys, I would have bought them if they weren't so damn expensive :ermm:

WHAT? That's a fuckin ripoff. I bought my iRazr 20x11x9's, mounted on ITP ProPolished 9x9 rims for $267.00, from MotoSport. They sell just the tires for $81.99 each. Link below. That guy's charging almost twice the price. I wouldn't shop there.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/product/M...srchHistoryURL=

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized you are in Canada.

Duro and Maxxis must make tires for each other. There are several tires that are almost Identical to each other. The Duro's are Cheaper because there is no Maxxis name on them. The Duro Hookups Rear's are more agressive than the I Razr. The tread blocks are spaced out way farther. You can get the tires from Rocky Mountain Atv.

Maxxis I Razr Front and Rear

t_i-raz_tire.jpg

t_i-raz_r_tire.jpg

Duro Hookup Front and Rear

dur_08_tir_hoo_up.jpg

dur_08_tir_hoo_up_rea.jpg

Maxxis Big Horn

t_big_r_tire.jpg

Duro Power Grip

dur_08_tir_pow_gri.jpg

The tread patterns look close, but I wonder if the compounds are the same. I'm sure that plays a big role in how they hook up, softer wears hard but grabs more. I've used the Irazr's and they're pretty good for straight line traction. The only downside is they're kind of heavy.

Yea I tried getting the Duro Hook Ups, but he didn't have them in any of his books. So I just opted for the Kenda Knarly's. Will be picking them up tomorrow and get them mounted so Hopefully I'll have pics of them up soon. Hopefully they wear good and grip good :cool:

i recommend neither tires man..

kenda knarly are a good hooking tire that last a long time, plus theyre cheap.

stock yfz450 tires are also great tires. theres usually someone trying to get rid of a new take off set pretty cheap..

ive run damn near every tire out there. ive found these two to be the most durable in the most conditions, the best priced and to have the best hook up..