OIL RATIO

BANSHEE H

I did a new set up on my Banshee. K&N filter, K&N airbox lid, Tommey T-6 Pipes and silencers. What do you guys suggest for my GAS/OIL ratio mix? I had been running it stock with Yamalube at 24/1

( rich I know ) but with the new set up what do you guys suggest? ? ? I don't want to run too rich or too lean. I was thinking 32-1 but looking for your suggestions.

Thanks

I did a new set up on my Banshee. K&N filter, K&N airbox lid, Tommey T-6 Pipes and silencers. What do you guys suggest for my GAS/OIL ratio mix? I had been running it stock with Yamalube at 24/1

( rich I know ) but with the new set up what do you guys suggest? ? ? I don't want to run too rich or too lean. I was thinking 32-1 but looking for your suggestions.

Thanks

I run 32:1 Klotz R-50 or HP2. What are you going to do as far as re-jetting the carbs?

I run 32:1 Klotz R-50 or HP2. What are you going to do as far as re-jetting the carbs?

I have it jetted with 30 Pilot jets, 290 main jets, toomey needles set in the #3 position. It's a lot louder than stock... Hope I don't get a DB noise ticket because in Oregon it's only 93 and these pipes are like 95-99 DB.

i run amsoil dominator at a 50:1 ratio. works just fine. 32:1 is way too rich. wouldn't run anything richer than 40:1.

Advice like that is good for repair shops and aftermarket shops everywhere....

It doesn't matter if it's 20:1 or 40:1....the jetting has to be correct, or it could foul plugs (rich) or burn up (lean).

A study was done and showed HP gains all the way up to 16:1 mixture.

32:1 is a fine mixture...I use that on any gas engine, except when I burn leaded race fuel, then I go 40:1.

Alky bikes run 20:1 to 40:1. Usually 28 or 32:1...with good oil.

I have it jetted with 30 Pilot jets, 290 main jets, toomey needles set in the #3 position. It's a lot louder than stock... Hope I don't get a DB noise ticket because in Oregon it's only 93 and these pipes are like 95-99 DB.

Jetting sounds good. 32:1 should work fine for you. You may get away with 40:1 in the winter but in the heat I would run 32:1.

I was worried about noise too that is why I went with the Cascade silencers. No loss in HP and suppossed to be under the 93 limit. I have been told by several that when the cops see the Cascade silencers they don't even look twice or bother testing. I know they are pretty quiet. You would be OK at Sandlake but might have some issues if they test you at Florence, Winchester or Coos Bay with the numbers you say you are at.

dsc00522th5.th.jpg

Your oil ratio will depend on what oil you run. Mix per the recomendations of the oil manufacturer, most oils run at 40:1, some higher. Yamalube 40:1 would be fine, I personally wouldn't mix it richer than 36:1. Now, I run amsoil sabre 100:1 (per amsoil's recommendations) I used to run maxima castor 927 at 40:1, at first I liked the bean oil smell but it got old especially for the people riding behind me and was much more oily and smokey. Now with the sabre at 100:1, you smell the race fuel and not the oil and it doesn't smoke nearly as much except on a cold start up. The cylinders still get plenty of lube.

What the hell is wrong with yamalube? :blink: Yamalube 2r is an excellent oil, and I'd put it up against ANY oil in a long term test. So what if it does'nt smell pretty?!

Some of the better oils say to run 32:1, 50:1, 100:1, etc. Follow what the bottle says. make sure you double check your jetting, after finding an oil and ratio you are going to run, because only so much liquid fits through a jet hole. If there's more oil, that means there's less gas going through that hole, and vice-versa. It's not super critical, but if you're already on the lean side, it could make a difference.