Benafits to running a single carb?

caddyman

Pro's & Cons.... I am going to upgrade my carbs.......and I am trying to figure out what the difference would be if I was to run a single carb..... Mods I have........trued welded crank, stock bore, T5's, V3's, open air box, boost bottle......oh yeah baby! Anyway, carbs and a coolhead are in my very near future........should I run a single, or stick with dual carbs....and what size do you think I should run???

Thanks in Advance guys!

What kind of riding are you doing? If no porting, I would stick with stockers or go to some 28pwks. I dont see the point of a single carb but to each their own. If you are going to do some aggressive porting, talk to your porter to see what carbs he recomends.

well i think it depends on your type of rideing. i just put one on and had it on the trail for my first ride with it yesterday. i do lots of trails so i need low end and midrange while i was out i noticed a huge difference in low end- mid range and i also got lucky and its jetted perfict. i also have close to the same mods just not the reeds.

just my 2 cents

single carb is the way to go if you need more bottom end and if you need to constantly work on your carb, for example mess with the jetting during the differnet seasons. there awsome for trail riding. they also make the motor look alot cleaner like differnetstrokes said.

here are some dyno results

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...655&hl=dyno