New Style Search Link?

Is it just me or does the search feature on this site make it almost imposible to find anything. I've been on this site since 2002 and always loved searching for item specific things so not to ask to many repeated questions. Now I can't find much. Why did it get changed. It this just me or am I not using the new search correctly?

It is still there, just hidden...

Click on More search Options, More Options...and it'll be the same search you're used to.

:stupid:

If i click on search then click advanced it doesnt come up to that, this is what i get...

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?act=Search

Just click 'More Options' below the white 'All Forums' box. That will take you to the search you are seeking. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I used the search and it took a long time to find what I needed. I feel sorry for the people that are not use to the way Forums work. If they need a quick answer, they are out of luck. 9 out of 10 give up and just post there question then get bitched at for not using the search. lol...

Example; if you type in one of the top questions in the search box on the bottom of the forum, "Gas Mix" it comes up with a "Sorry not found". If you type in "What is your gas mix", you get the same thing.

I say F$ck it, if someone post a question that I can answer, I will answer it. I wont just say use the search option. It is not like it takes a long time to answer. I dont have to click on it and read it to begin with. It is no big deal. Even if it has been covered a billion times.

well i am going to look foward to seeing you become more active and start answering the same old questions every morning. cause after a few years of answering the same questions that are only 10 or so posts apart it getting really fucking old. So i will start sending them to you then if your so willing

my gripe about the search is...ALLOW 3 LETTER WORDS! there are probably thousands of searches that go along the lines of 'piston pin' 'yfz a-arm' etc that are not allowed because of the search not allowing 3 letter words. it sucks!

Working on a new search today actually. It's kind of an overhaul/replacement of the current search which requires some server updates in order to index the site on a regular basis.

It should allow for smaller searches (3-4 letter searches).

Stay tuned. I'll be posting in the Site Announcements category when it's done.