greasing a arms?

the zirks come off like a bolt i think they are 6mm sockets, not sure, 2 pumps would surprise you of how much grease comes out, i would think that is all it will take, if your getting preasuer on the handle then its full

the zirks come off like a bolt i think they are 6mm sockets, not sure, 2 pumps would surprise you of how much grease comes out, i would think that is all it will take, if your getting preasuer on the handle then its full

Not necessarily true...you can get a few pumps out of a gun, even though there is nothing going into the nipple. Feels like its going places, but it's just filling the greaser hose.

So here is my question..after your two pumps and then it gets stiff. When you take the fitting off the grease nipple does grease come out of the grease gun hose, or does some start coming out of the little ball that is in the grease nipple?

how do you get the zerk off?

and what ball bearing?

the zerk is the fitting that your pumping grease into. it should unscrew from the arm. in the center of it there is a small ball bearing that keep the grease from coming out. make sure that the bearing moves inside the zerk. you should see grease come out from around the seals once the arm is full. also if you have old grease in the arms it is possible that it is hard and isnt letting the fresh grease into the arms

To check the ball bearing you should be able to just push on it with something and if it pushes in and back into place it is fine. It only has a small spring behind it to push it back into place. The grease does usually ooze out of the dust covers, but you may need to move the arms to get this to happen because the seals are tight being new and all...........

I dont know about you guys, but it takes me more then 2 pumps to get stiff :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :whistling: i had too!

Edited by savage420