Fast shift shaft mod

Ruko

I was looking at Fast's site and saw this shift shaft mod they do... I tryed calling him about it but he wasn't in. Anyone have it done or know anything about it?? It's cheap enough but is it worth the time to send my shaft there and wait to get it back? I'm in Canada so shipping can take a while.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/products.as...CH/TRANSMISSION

Ruko, they work great! I can modify a new one ( buy a new shaft and get the mod for free) and fire it out with the easy spring and anything else you may need tomorrow if you like ... No down time that way. Usually, if the bike is older than 2000 or so or has a ton of hours on it ... it prolly needs replaced anyway. Give us a holler if needed.

I have it installed on my Banshee along with a Shift Pro kit & shaved star.. works like butter!

Also ordered the easy spring but haven't try since Shift Pro comes with their own.

I'm pulling the clutch cover off soon & will install Jeff's easy spring! By the look & feel of both I think Jeff's spring will be better for me. I'll report back on that one!

Also since you are pulling that cover off I'd suggest ordering a Clutch Pusher + Impeller!

Clutch pusher??

sometime referred to as a "packard" mod

it is a torrington bearing that the clutch pressre plate rides on.

I also did the alba shift cam mod... they add a roller bearing to the end that plugs into the output side of the case.

if you are splitting the cases that $150 is worth every penny....

that mod accentuates the shift star and the easy spring on the shifter shaft.

sometime referred to as a "packard" mod

it is a torrington bearing that the clutch pressre plate rides on.

ahh... pancake bearing... I get it now... just got everything ordered up, including a pancake bearing :thumbsup:

do u have to slip the case for this mod??? ive only played with sled engines never opened a tranny befor

no you just have to take off the clutch side cover and slide the shaft out.