Panet Sand is fucking stupid

Bansh-eman

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some basic facts.

There are many websites on the net that use a million times the bandwidth of Planetsand that do not charge a single cent. Here are just few;

Myspace

Yahoo

YouTube

Google

These websites make their money from the advertising.

Planetsand has 29 Platnium sponsors and 8 Gold sponsors that are listed on the site. Now lets add that up, 29 X $1000 + 8 X $500 = $33,000. I know for a fact that site does not cost $33,000 a year to operate.

A post was made in regards to this and it was deleted in less then 5 minutes. Charlie stated that not all of the platnium members have paid him. If that is the case then why are their ads still up. I guess since his sponsors are supossedly screwing him, it is time to screw the members??? WTF

The site has over 25000 members. They claim that most people have multiple usernames. I can tell you that that is some BS because they purge any names that are not used often. Lets just say that is true and say that there are actually 10000 members. Most people will probably pay the $25 because anything lower is pretty useless. Well if 10000 members pay $25 that another $250,000.

So right now he has $33,000 in paid sponsors and he needs another $250,000 on top of that, just to break even, when there are sites out there that use a million times more bandwith that are not charging a dime!!!

Lastly, Charlie claims that up until now, he has been paying out of his pocket to keep the site running. Come on!!! if he needs hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep the site running now, do you honestly think that he has been paying out hundreds of thousands of dollars in the past to keep it running.

LMFAO Yeah its not all about the money!!! Poor Charlie, :sad: what a F-ing Crook!!!!

If you plan to support that site, I hope his plan fails and they change it back to free again, because I can sure tell you that he won't be sending any refunds and you will be screwed!!!

Look out for the new site www.planetsand4free.com

we all know that he will not get 100% of the active member to give him the 25 dollars, but lets say of those 10,000 member only 10% pay. thats still 25 grand per year on top of his sponsors payments. so thats right under 60 grand???? lol paying out of pocket...my ass...

How about he is getting advertisments of not only his racing company but also his races to the biggest gathering of atv enthusiasts on the net. some might as thats because of his work, BS thats because of the work of all the builders and the avid drag racers that freuent the site and give all the knowledge they have. you rarley se any info coming out of charies mouth to help answer anytying. so in my mind he is just paying his dues like all the other business owners. and in the end he is turning a profit off of it.

Edited by Bansh-eman

I don't see how, DBR.

Members can still browse and post for free....just not in classified. No PMs, no search....

You're still going to get the idiots....

LOL...dave, as usual, you have a valid point....BUT!!

that is the WORD over on PS...makes me think they have

a plan to take care of it (the "idiots")...

wouldnt surprise me if MOD---eration goes waaaaayyyy!! UP...

know what i mean?...

:laugh:

dbr

PS...hey how about some "personal emoticons" over heah on the HQ---PS has them :thumbsup:

:evil:

I don't feel I was trashing bansheehq, I was pointing out the obvious which is fact. I'm not making anything up. If you feel its trash, then that's how you perceive the truth about the site. I have no grievances with anyone on here, I wasn't trying to make personal attacks, just stating the truth about what you see here, opposed to what you see over there. Even though I don't agree with a lot said by others, I don't hold anything personal, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I am mine.

Okay, sorry I guess I just took it the wrong way. If PS helps people out as much as HQ does than I can see why someone would pay for it if they wanted too. I think HQ is awsome so I guess thats why I took it the wrong way. :beer:

I would like to see some more smileys on here though. Call me crazy but I like em. :biggrin:

PS is not worth the time to log on, so dint worry I will keep my self here where its not all about Drag. When I checked last the Banshee was sold as a MX quad. Nothing against Dragger's but why turn something into a 1 pass and cool machine when it was a run hard all day bike to begin with?? Call me crazy but sound like regression not progression. I would rather Bolt it up and do a little porting, and still ride ALL day. But hauling ass in a straight line is fun too, for a little while.

So each site has their application PS is :drag: and HQ is everything else with a little :drag:

just my .02

PS. PS will never get my $25 bux. But the HQ will have a new Premium member on Friday! Because they DIDN'T force me into it. Thanks LEE Your a hell of a guy!

Texas...the last I checked, the banshee was sold as an open class machine.

I always see a Banshee Literature on the dunes...or open riding area. It is one of the worst MX machines out of the box, period. I'd take a box stock 400EX before I took a banshee for MX.

Sure, you can make it a good MX machine, you could also turn a Viper into a grocery getter with enough time and effort...:)

Aside from that, I am with you 100%. More people use their banshees for general riding than strict drag racing. It's an addiction and progression....the smart people know when to stop. The others, like myself, just get sucked in and it will never end....LOL.

I often make the mistake of looking at thing from a drag racing point of view instead of Joe Trail rider...however, usually I'm called out on it and I get reeled back in pretty easily....USUALLY....

For people such as myself, there is and always has been a wealth of information that is not found, yet, on HQ. Several top builders have tested the HQ waters when this type of Pay Service was tried before.

Again, not to the same extent as last time...but I'm hoping it brings a wealth of good builders and good folks to our site. You'd be surprised what drag racers have to offer other than just racing knowledge.

No one jumped on an alky bike and just went, it's a progression. That progression is knowledge and experience we can all benefit from.

I just hope if they come over, it's to stay...not leave when PS becomes 100% free again...and it will.

PS is not worth the time to log on, so dint worry I will keep my self here where its not all about Drag. When I checked last the Banshee was sold as a MX quad. Nothing against Dragger's but why turn something into a 1 pass and cool machine when it was a run hard all day bike to begin with?? Call me crazy but sound like regression not progression. I would rather Bolt it up and do a little porting, and still ride ALL day. But hauling ass in a straight line is fun too, for a little while.

So each site has their application PS is :drag: and HQ is everything else with a little :drag:

just my .02

PS. PS will never get my $25 bux. But the HQ will have a new Premium member on Friday! Because they DIDN'T force me into it. Thanks LEE Your a hell of a guy!

Nuff Said..your a dumbass

Here are some basic facts.

There are many websites on the net that use a million times the bandwidth of Planetsand that do not charge a single cent. Here are just few;

Myspace

Yahoo

YouTube

Google

These websites make their money from the advertising.

i am on two other sites that have probly close to double the active traffic and active users as planetsand and they as well are completly free, you can donate if you wish to but it is not asked.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com

http://www.pbnation.com/

i just checked and DTR has 1094 online

and

PBN has 1591 online.

and thats at 9 am on a thursday

06 you can suck on my big hairy Texas Balls! :thanks:

I have yet to get personal with this, I don't Drag. Not to say I don't watch but its not my thing. I trail and Dune I have found all the answers I have needed in the search here. I have been to PS maybe 12 times my entire life, never got the warm fuzzy feeling there. The place does nothing for me, The people (most) are set in their way unopen to new ideas and a Blow-hard about most shit. Its mostly Drag Drag Drag. Here there is a mix of people. You say that PS has a wealth of information, I find it has a Wealth of assholes, Much Like YOURSELF.

If PS stokes you that much by all fucking means pay to get fucked! Hope you have a good life :thumbsup:

dajogejr:

I agree bro no one just jumped on a shee and poured alcohol into it and drove off. I have asked you a few things and I know you drag. What works on the Track Saturday Goes into the Plant on Monday. Thats how it is. I just have No use for PS, and Will contribute to the WASTE of BHQ space in this thread NO longer.

Edited by TexasBansheeMan

Dude Do you seriously think banshees are made for MX out the box???Lol Wow...Whats so fun about goin through trees everyweekend and getting full of nasty mud and fuking up your bike and have to clean it for an hour?Then do it again next weekend?I just dont see the excitement.(What I would seriously say If I was as dumb as you)Seriously tho I bet half the people on here who hate the site havent even been on it.