Worlds Fastest Banshee..

wacko2000

Yup thats it...Thanx Foxracing, I couldnt get it to upload..

I remember that bike it was the fastest back late 90's. Also I think a guy with a polaris 1/4 mile 9.2 These records are old. I don't think the cheetah cylinders were even out then. Not sure what the record today is. Do a search planetsand they may know. Or ask Nyuk. The polaris may still hold. Not sure.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 isnt that fast. depends on what its got though.

10 isn`t that fast? 10 is fuckin smokin. it`s dirtwheels people. it`s not gospel. the owner is a member on planetsand. theres a thread over there about it.i don t know about any records.the fastest asphalt banshees are usually n/t street racers. no time.

Here's one, Dave Gibson 9.2 1/4 mile 137.15mph go to http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=UNoLwGLlcCI Got this over at planetasphalt.com (hope it works)

Im not sayin 10 isnt quick. Im sayin its not that fast to be a record. 9.2 is closer to sounding like a record 1/4 time. And like I said, it depends on what its packin. Stock cyls or something over 600cc`s, ect....

OK guys, let me clarify the article in Dirtwheels. I own the quad and it was built for my son. The basic information was provided to the magazine. As with any form of media they have to make or promote drama out of it. I did not give it the title, Dirtwheels did. I know of faster Banshee based 1/4 mile quads and one of them is a 358 cub and one is a 710 DM. My money is the 358 cub for being one of the fastest. The 9 sec quad you have refered too is somewhere around 1,000 cc and with nitrous if I'm not mistaken.

Now, for you people that think 10 seconds is easy to accomplish! Come and get some, we will be glad to show you how it's done. There are very few people that know how to make a 2-stroke survive for the that kind of distance and we have 350+ 1/4 passes to back it up.

Bryan

OK guys, let me clarify the article in Dirtwheels. I own the quad and it was built for my son. The basic information was provided to the magazine. As with any form of media they have to make or promote drama out of it. I did not give it the title, Dirtwheels did. I know of faster Banshee based 1/4 mile quads and one of them is a 358 cub and one is a 710 DM. My money is the 358 cub for being one of the fastest. The 9 sec quad you have refered too is somewhere around 1,000 cc and with nitrous if I'm not mistaken.

Now, for you people that think 10 seconds is easy to accomplish! Come and get some, we will be glad to show you how it's done. There are very few people that know how to make a 2-stroke survive for the that kind of distance and we have 350+ 1/4 passes to back it up.

Bryan

Im not dissing you or your machine in any way. But where do you draw the line on whats a banshee? I had seen mention of you adding nitrous in the future. Look at your pictures. That like saying John Forces mustang is a mustang. You have some remains of a banshee frame and maybe cases. Your bike is bad. But as far as limits are concerned going that far you might as well call a triple in a banshee a banshee too, its in the frame. A ford T bucket is holding a chevy small block, the title still says Ford. Do you get what Im sayin. When I comsider a world fastest banshee, Id think of stock cyls, swinger with a wheelie bar and stock frame maybe lightened. When I seen this post I knew it was stretched out and everything changed and or modified. If you cant take that thing threw some trails or over some jumps, Im not going to consider it much of a banshee anymore, at which point, anything goes. I had a 70 chevelle super stock that did the same 1/4 as your bike. Thats not that fast for a drag car, but it had a plate on it, stock axle factory motor/trans and 93 only w/o any sort of boost. It had insurance. I could still drive it as a car. Lots of modifications where made, but - the roll bars in the window, ET Slicks and skinnies, it apeared stock from outside.

Im not dissing you or your machine in any way. But where do you draw the line on whats a banshee? I had seen mention of you adding nitrous in the future. Look at your pictures. That like saying John Forces mustang is a mustang. You have some remains of a banshee frame and maybe cases. Your bike is bad. But as far as limits are concerned going that far you might as well call a triple in a banshee a banshee too, its in the frame. A ford T bucket is holding a chevy small block, the title still says Ford. Do you get what Im sayin. When I comsider a world fastest banshee, Id think of stock cyls, swinger with a wheelie bar and stock frame maybe lightened. When I seen this post I knew it was stretched out and everything changed and or modified. If you cant take that thing threw some trails or over some jumps, Im not going to consider it much of a banshee anymore, at which point, anything goes. I had a 70 chevelle super stock that did the same 1/4 as your bike. Thats not that fast for a drag car, but it had a plate on it, stock axle factory motor/trans and 93 only w/o any sort of boost. It had insurance. I could still drive it as a car. Lots of modifications where made, but - the roll bars in the window, ET Slicks and skinnies, it apeared stock from outside.

I've ran in the 7s in the 1/4 mile and I'll tell you what. Our Banshee sure is a lot more fun to take down the track. Yes, I said Banshee that's what it is and is not even close to your analogy of John Force's "Mustang is a Mustang". You have your opinion just like everyone else, but our quad is typical of any Banshee on the Westcoast. "When I comsider a world fastest banshee, Id think of stock cyls, swinger with a wheelie bar and stock frame maybe lightened." We ran 10.90s with stock ported cylinders, stock cases, +8" arm with stock link, the quad weighed 354lbs. and my son and I go 200llbs. plus. The only changes now is the cub cylinders.

"But where do you draw the line on whats a banshee?" I don't draw the line on what's a Banshee. You come to our state, NV. and the neighboring states and our Banshee is typical of what's being used except for the height, tires and the solid rear strut. We can easily change tires, add a marvin shaw rear shock and gearing; and ride the dunes like everyone else out hear does.

Bryan

Bryan's bike is probably closer to an original banshee than 75% of the drag bikes out there. The NHRA rules he has to abide by limit him to an OEM frame, can't exceed a certain wheelbase, etc. There are several things that must remain in an OEM fashion. His bike is just dropped, got asphalt tires, and drag pipes, where most people are used to seeing banshees with shocks, paddles, and in-frames. The numbers he's running are great, 10 seconds in the quarter is moving!

lol, and I guarantee he didn't tell dirtwheels it was the world's fastest banshee, he doesn't strike me as that type of person. :thumbsup:

This kind of article is great though, it sparks interest in readers to look more into it and see for themselves. Curiousity brings crowds, the crowd starts getting into it and building their own, sport starts to grow. :beer:

Bryan

sounds like a nice bike.

Bryan's bike is probably closer to an original banshee than 75% of the drag bikes out there. The NHRA rules he has to abide by limit him to an OEM frame, can't exceed a certain wheelbase, etc. There are several things that must remain in an OEM fashion. His bike is just dropped, got asphalt tires, and drag pipes, where most people are used to seeing banshees with shocks, paddles, and in-frames. The numbers he's running are great, 10 seconds in the quarter is moving!

lol, and I guarantee he didn't tell dirtwheels it was the world's fastest banshee, he doesn't strike me as that type of person. :thumbsup:

This kind of article is great though, it sparks interest in readers to look more into it and see for themselves. Curiousity brings crowds, the crowd starts getting into it and building their own, sport starts to grow. :beer:

You are right on bigboybanshee, I provided the facts and Dirtwheels came up with the title. I know it's not that fastest and it took a lot of hard work to get it there.

Here's something else that just happened and it went a long way to promoting ATVs. This ocuured purely by being in the right place at the right time.

Here's the race we participated in the past two days. Pontiac Pro Stock Showdown and Pacific National Open.

Sorry to say my son went red on the tree in 1st round eliminations. I understood why, with the group of professional racers that were on the starting line with us. We were lucky enough to have Bob Glidden on the starting line with us for both runs Sat. Boy did he have a big smile on his face when our quad launched off the starting line. 1st round of eliminations we had Kurt Johnson, Jeg Coughlin and Bob Glidden to name a few on the line. There was quite a group of high profile personnel to say the least. I think my 17 year old son was pretty amped up when he staged. He ended up going -.035 on the pro light. He didn't know who Bob Glidden was (LOL), but he sure knew everyone else on the starting line. I wish I would have had our camera on the starting line!!!

Bryan

The black bike on our website runs 10.5s w/stock stroke Cub on gas and stock frame. Its Tedder's bike, may not be a world record but i bet its close for what it is ....naturally aspirated stock stroke gas cub. :biggrin:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/gallery.asp