my full flight heim broke

kodie

my left heim joint broke off of my full flights awhile back. good thing i was only going as fast as letting the clutch all the way out in first. my left lower droped down and stuck into the ground luckily nothing bent. but i replaced that damn heim and now am wanting to get some new a-arms so that way it dont happen at a higher speed. any suggestions of what i should get? i ride trails and hit small/med jumps. all input appreciated thanks guys.

my left heim joint broke off of my full flights awhile back. good thing i was only going as fast as letting the clutch all the way out in first. my left lower droped down and stuck into the ground luckily nothing bent. but i replaced that damn heim and now am wanting to get some new a-arms so that way it dont happen at a higher speed. any suggestions of what i should get? i ride trails and hit small/med jumps. all input appreciated thanks guys.

What kind of heims do the fullflights come with. My ASR's came with some cheap chinese pieces of shit. I am assuming based on the price of the full flights, they come with similar cheapos. When my heims get sloppy, I plan on replacing them all with some good ones like aurora or the like.

I just replaced the left spindle hiem on some full flights myself. I went with the teflon coated upgraded version from full flight. I don't know if it will be better or not, but I am not happy with how long it took them to ship anyway. What are some other options on replacing the hiems?

Ryan

I just replaced the left spindle hiem on some full flights myself. I went with the teflon coated upgraded version from full flight. I don't know if it will be better or not, but I am not happy with how long it took them to ship anyway. What are some other options on replacing the hiems?

Ryan

Kodie,those A-Arms are 5 years old,Im surprised they lasted you that long.The threads are fairly common,you should be able to get a ball joint version from someone else that will fit those a-arms.Less maintenance.

Edited by BlazinOne

Kodie,those A-Arms are 5 years old,Im surprised they lasted you that long.The threads are fairly common,you should be able to get a ball joint version from someone else that will fit those a-arms.Less maintenance.

OH shit is this brian the guy i got the shee from? hey man i had a prob with it a while back but i got it fixed, i called ur cell to ask for some advice but i dont think i had the right number can you send me a PM telling me it again please id appreciate it.

also give me a few days and ill have some pics of what it is looking like in the appearence threads. and while i got you around where did you get those yellow acebris hand guards for it? im looking to get a diff color.

Thanks

Kodie

theres another failure for full flights, get rid of those POS arms and get some chromoly one. full flight is bullshit. those guys have so many problems with bent arms and broke hiems its rediculose

got a brand in mind there bansh-eman? or just about any brand with chromoly?

theres another failure for full flights, get rid of those POS arms and get some chromoly one. full flight is bullshit. those guys have so many problems with bent arms and broke hiems its rediculose

I MX that quad for 2 years and trail rode for 3.Wayne national forest every month and I was at Hatfield 5 times.My buddys banshee had LSR and bent the chit out of them by the end of his first mx season.Just goes to show you,if you don't know how to ride,you can destroy anything.

I'd say those A-Arms paid for themselves.The weakest point on those are the heims.The a-arms themselves are actually fairly stout.All you need is some ball joints and those a-arms will last forever.

I had them magna fluxed after the last mx season and they were perfect.

Kodie,I got those handguards from RMATV.I will pm my #

And this is why i tell people LSR, Laegers. Wicked, or Quicksand. Those cheap 300 dollar a-arms wont cut it and it seems like every time i tell someone not to get them they do anyways and pay the price. Think about it this way a good set of heims or ball joints on a good set of a-arms will cost you right at 130-150 bucks. Think about it like that there is noway these cheap ass a-arms could be worth a shit at the price they sell them. Ok im gonna stop my rant about pointless shit as it seems to others but its your life. Lesson of the story you always!!!!! get what you pay for.

wow the arms lasted 5 hard years and then had a failure. Call the coast gaurd these must be the worst products out there. I have a set of ff in chromoly and I doubt I'll ever break them. I hear just as many expensive arms fail as I do cheap ones. for the most part people are not on the track everyday beating on them, and if they are they probably have nicer arms and they have probably had to replace something on them too. I don't like the hiem at the knuckle, but I have smaller ones on my truck, so I trust these just fine.

got a brand in mind there bansh-eman? or just about any brand with chromoly?

any brand made with chromoly would be better then thos bullshit steel one, but im kind of partial to Wicked jus becasue i got them. for the price they are the best ones iv found. but liek i said any made with chromoly would be better.

I MX that quad for 2 years and trail rode for 3.Wayne national forest every month and I was at Hatfield 5 times.My buddys banshee had LSR and bent the chit out of them by the end of his first mx season.Just goes to show you,if you don't know how to ride,you can destroy anything.

I'd say those A-Arms paid for themselves.The weakest point on those are the heims.The a-arms themselves are actually fairly stout.All you need is some ball joints and those a-arms will last forever.

I had them magna fluxed after the last mx season and they were perfect.

Kodie,I got those handguards from RMATV.I will pm my #

sorry my man but those arms are bullshit, they just recently start offering chromoly after they had tons of failures. between broken welds and bent arms i couldnt tell you how many guys have gotten of them. thats not even counting the hiems breaking.

Custom creations A-arms come with Uniballs, should be much stronger than heims.... Chromoly + No heims, the Uniballs go right into the end of the A-arms meanig the force put on them is much more distributed since it's not a threaded piece sticking out of the end of arms.

I have Uniballs on my truck to, they are just a little larger.

The only disadvantage of the uniballs is they don't cover as wide a range of movement, which does not matter on the banshee a-arms... Imagine this on a banshee http://www.off-road.com/toyota/projects/ta...ront_detail.jpg

Edited by Justintoxicated

sorry my man but those arms are bullshit, they just recently start offering chromoly after they had tons of failures. between broken welds and bent arms i couldnt tell you how many guys have gotten of them. thats not even counting the hiems breaking.

The heims are junk,but so are all of them.Even that Uni ball design is a POS.Unless your running super moto or strickly MX,I would stay away form heims.Even dirt will destroy chromoly heims over time.The uniball looks like dirt and sand will be able to sit right in the pocket.I guarantee without a dustboot,the uniball wouldn't last as long as a conventional heim.

If your going to spend big money on A-arms,stay away from heims

I would venture to say 90% of factory a-arms are steel.

Edited by BlazinOne