what about supercharging the shee?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see a fuel injection system for the banshee that was worth what they were asking for it. Stop and think... ever consider why all the big boys in this sport are still using carbs? Don't you think that if fuel injection was such a hot amazing thing that at least some of the big builders and big bikes out there would use it??

Just a thought.

Do you think if banshees came with a decent tuneable fuel injection system from the factory anyone would be using carbs.....No. All of the big boys dont care about EFi because its not really gonna make anymore peak power for them....they dont care about part throttle riding....they are WOT or nothing at all. That and the weight of a battery etc...

The problem with an aftermarket efi system for a banshee is it would cost almost as much a car to build...still need all of the major hardware. I would love to have EFI on my bike but it would probably never be cost effective.

The problem with an aftermarket efi system for a banshee is it would cost almost as much a car to build...still need all of the major hardware. I would love to have EFI on my bike but it would probably never be cost effective

piont taken....

but.... The here is a list of what i needed...

MAF off a mustang,.... $15

CLT and IAT sensors from a mailorder place....$22

throttlebodies from ebay (came with TPS)......$45

megasquirt 2 kit.....$199

Also I bought an Innovate LC-1 WB02 so I don't have to tune the fuel anymore.......$199

About 9 hours to build the mega

2 hours to make a plenum and install the sensor in the head

about 20 hours to make the wire marness and work out the bugs.

about 200 hours of drinking and looking at it...LOL (mostly for ideas)

Firehead.... nothing personal, just being a dick for the bashing I got from you before. But on the other hand.... if you don't know about something, then don't act like you do..... and that's just being fair, isn't it? I don't tell you stuff I don't know about.

I just think this whole EFI thing is compromised by the "fear of the unknown" thing. people don't do it because they can't buy a "kit" that any moron can use. EFI at this piont is reserved only for the "outside the box" people like me and streetshee or even RZbansheeman who wants to try it. My bike is taking longer than it should've because I went from knowing jackshit straight to what was meant to be next years finished product. and that's just it right there. I would've been done 3 months after i started if I would've stuck to my guns and just did efi only first. Plus I threw out the CDI and I'm using the megasquirt to do my spark too. Which I had to do for the turbo. It all ties together.

Also I bought an Innovate LC-1 WB02 so I don't have to tune the fuel anymore.......$199

This is the funniest shit you've said so far (even beating the little tantrum and professing "I won't be here to see the responses".

So now, 02-targeting on the WalMart of EFI units is completely "self-tuning". If you had half of the knowledge that you *THINK* (mayhaps, just "act like") you do, you'd know that's total bullshit, even with higher end systems.

Why not just go back to an E6S, minus some abilities (albeit not neccesary on the limited use you'll use it for on a banshee) if you're gonna use a megasquirt.

As for the other guys, no, I'm not "in the industry" <sarcasm>. I've just been building and tuning 4 banger turbo cars since Turboboy up top was probably still wiping his shit on the walls, and have a corporation that (albeit small in the real business world) is multi-million in sales, and has doubled sales every year for over the last three years. You can preach all you want about "R&D, yadda, yadda", but I've had $50K+ into POS chassis cars more times then I'd like to remember with a ton of custom one-off, and self-fabricated parts as well. If he's taking $50K to build up that quad, then he needs to step out of the business arena. I don't know the guy (thus have no grudge againt him--just the guys who stretch his nuts out by swinging on them so much) but he's obviously WAYYYY over cost/benefit, or just has under-developed parts so many times that he's dug himself a hole that he's not going to get out of without a big ladder.

BTW: It's not Toyota/Ford/Honda/GM corporate, but here's my "non-industry-playground" (one side of the building at least):

shop1.jpg

shop2.gif

shop3.jpg

To Firehead: I'm impressed. When I first came back to this forum after many years away and saw some of your posts, I just figured that you were the typical "I saw it on the interwebnet so it's true and I'll reiterate it" guy that seems to plague this board. After visiting here once every week or so on a regular basis, it's nice to see someone who knows their stuff from actual *hands on* knowledge.

little off topic... i dono know... nor ever spoke to firehead.... but he knows his shit...

I've met firehead in person and talk to him pretty often here on HQ. He lives in an industry where he uses everything he talks about day in and day out. He definitely knows his stuff.

This is the funniest shit you've said so far (even beating the little tantrum and professing "I won't be here to see the responses".

So now, 02-targeting on the WalMart of EFI units is completely "self-tuning". If you had half of the knowledge that you *THINK* (mayhaps, just "act like") you do, you'd know that's total bullshit, even with higher end systems.

Why not just go back to an E6S, minus some abilities (albeit not neccesary on the limited use you'll use it for on a banshee) if you're gonna use a megasquirt.

To Firehead: I'm impressed. When I first came back to this forum after many years away and saw some of your posts, I just figured that you were the typical "I saw it on the interwebnet so it's true and I'll reiterate it" guy that seems to plague this board. After visiting here once every week or so on a regular basis, it's nice to see someone who knows their stuff from actual *hands on* knowledge.

Thanks for the feedback, I always appreciate that sort of thing when it comes from someone else who knows what they are talking about........

Clearly DSSA, has a good handle on things, and even better, he can post pictures of what he works with. I never seem to have many pictures to share as the current place I work and my previous employers strictly diallow cameras. :thumbsup:

I've met firehead in person and talk to him pretty often here on HQ. He lives in an industry where he uses everything he talks about day in and day out. He definitely knows his stuff.

Now, if I could only learn to read and write.........of, course I also need to lay off the pirate hookers. :biggrin:

Now, if I could only learn to read and write.........of, course I also need to lay off the pirate hookers. :biggrin:

Bwahahahah!!! You must live near/or visit Vegas. :happy:

The end point though is that the knowledgeable/intelligent people stand behind what they *KNOW* (not read somewhere and reiterate it), yet realize that they can learn more from other people with different/more extensive experience, and allow themselves to do such.

hehe... I guess you got me pretty good...hehe alittle thought went there too i can tell. Sorry I just couldn't resist coming back for a bit of chatter. I have more than alittle time to fuck off at work. besides that.... you look like you are where I would like to be in 10 years bro. ok megasquirt isn't a million dollar system but it does what it needs to for my shitwagon banshee. I put more than alittle though into what I needed to make the turbo system work this time.

No I don't have a huge budget for a build! I make 40k and have a house and a kid to pay for and in the small time I have to myself I do this. play with turbo's and 2 strokes. I have no problem with firehead. Only when he says things that ar enot fact and bashes me with it.

NOT NEWS!!!!! I'm hated on this forum..... I don't really care either. A bit of rivalry is what some people need to get throught the day. eh.....

But either way I'm still full of ideas and the skills to pull through. just don't have the bank roll.... wish I did though, cause appriently by the pics in your post you do. KUDOS!!!!

I know plenty of average joes though who are doing what I'm doing. Because we don't have thousands to blow on making people feel dumb on a shitty forum. but that's just me.......

Edited by TurboBanshee420

But either way I'm still full of ideas and the skills to pull through. just don't have the bank roll.... wish I did though, cause appriently by the pics in your post you do. KUDOS!!!!

I know plenty of average joes though who are doing what I'm doing. Because we don't have thousands to blow on making people feel dumb on a shitty forum. but that's just me.......

Actually, my last job (years ago) was making less then what you're saying you make. I started this business on my knowledge, my reputation, a shoestring budget, and a $30K loan.

Where are you?

here in the ass crack of new york, people don't have money to spend like they do on the west coast or down south. The only way to get my ideas off the ground is to move where the money and nice weather is.

makes me wish I took a different road a while back. But I wouldn't give up what I have for a hope. My spending budget just dropped to about $750 a year. :down: and that just hurts. I fear it's time to sell some of the toys I worked for the last 8 years to buy. maybe even the turbo banshee when shes dialed in

besides that.... you look like you are where I would like to be in 10 years bro. ok megasquirt isn't a million dollar system but it does what it needs to for my shitwagon banshee.

No I don't have a huge budget for a build! I make 40k and have a house and a kid to pay for and in the small time I have to myself I do this. play with turbo's and 2 strokes. I have no problem with firehead. Only when he says things that ar enot fact and bashes me with it.

Three things here:

1.) In 10 years I will be driving a spaceship from the Jetson's (maybe not).

2.) I bashed you because you were not stating facts. I am pretty sure what I stated was generally correct.

3.) Who do you think here has thousands of dollars invested in making you feel dumb here? :ermm: