Mods for 2500$?

pepehaha

Hello,

I have a almost stock 'shee (just nerfbars, kn airfilter) and a 2500$(maybe a bit more, I'll see if it will be worth of it) ready 2 spend them on my 'shee.

I ride in woods, sometimes few jumps on mx track, but not as offen as woods.

My plan:

Pipes:Toomey T6 kit + hush kit (I need a quiet mashine)

799$+129$

Suspension: Thats the trouble. I know that I want a suspension kit with elka's.(a arms +2+1 + elkas, and everything needed for mounting it up.) Plus a +2 rear extended axle.

But I don't know which elkas? Long travel or not? Which adjustements? rec's, or race?

Do you have some tips and links on these complete suspension kits? Dou you have some images of this above, espesialy pics of that long travel suspension? oes it raise the front of the bike up? If so, how much? Is it good or bad?

???$

Tires: Maxxis razor 2

about 400$

Gas tank Pobably some 4gal, do you have any pics, experiences with bigger

about 220$

Thank you very much! I did a search on this forum, found many interisting informations, but I still can't decide :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get some used pipes MUCH cheaper then that. or you can call toomy and see about buying blemished pipes for alo cheaper too.

there is no need to spend a ton on elkas, go on ebay and do a search for banshee a arms and find a company called wicked. they have very nice a arms for like 350 podwer coated, then buy some works shocks for your setup.

that way you will have money left over for reeds, coolhead, timing plate, ect. you can make that 2500 go a good ways as long as your not buying new.

also if your interested, i have a blue ims gastank thats a 4gal im selling. 175 shipped to upper 48 states. ill see if i can find the pict i posted of it.

edit: heres a pict of the tank

dsc02393bs9.jpg

the plastic between the tubes was cut out to fit a dual pingle vavle. will still work with a stock petcock if thats what your running.

Edited by Bansh-eman

you can get some used pipes MUCH cheaper then that. or you can call toomy and see about buying blemished pipes for alo cheaper too.

there is no need to spend a ton on elkas, go on ebay and do a search for banshee a arms and find a company called wicked. they have very nice a arms for like 350 podwer coated, then buy some works shocks for your setup.

that way you will have money left over for reeds, coolhead, timing plate, ect. you can make that 2500 go a good ways as long as your not buying new.

also if your interested, i have a blue ims gastank thats a 4gal im selling. 175 shipped to upper 48 states. ill see if i can find the pict i posted of it.

edit: heres a pict of the tank

dsc02393bs9.jpg

the plastic between the tubes was cut out to fit a dual pingle vavle. will still work with a stock petcock if thats what your running.

Thanks for the reply.

About the shocks - I dont wanna nohing but elkas. Because I dont want after year be like: wrks are good, but why the f I didn't buy elkas they are better and last longer. I dont wanna be selling works after like year and buy elkas anyways.

About the gas tank - thanks or the offer, I will let you know if I decide to buyy them.

By the way, Iam not from usa, Iam from czech republic. ut I have a mail ox in usa,remoted by internet, so this solves the poblem that most of shops sends to usa only.

So, my english isn'tt good. Can you please explain to me these words, what is it good for? I didn't found them in dictionary:(

reeds, coolhead(I know the meaning but what is it good for? Better cooling?:)), clutch and timing plate. Eventually some other good upgrade parts.

Thank you very very much.

It's harder here in the czech republic, I don't know anyone in my area with a shee:) Everryone has dirtikes, but quads not :)

edit: And where to find used pipes in good conddition? On this forum i didn't found t6's for sale :(

Edited by pepehaha

The reeds go inbetween the cylinders, and rubber intake boots. Stock ones have just 2 reed petals per cylinder. Vforce reeds have 4 petals per cylinder and they are made from carbon fiber. They make the banshee more responsive. They sell for around 200 US Dollars

v-force-3-reeds.jpg

A cool head is an aftermarket head. It does help cool a little better but the big advantage is that you can swap out domes or compression chambers out to change the compression of the engine. The cool head uses all orings to seal up. There are several types of cool heads. The original one is the Pro Designe Cool head. Most aftermarket heads use this style of domes. The best one out there is the Noss Machine Head. You dont have to use longer head studs the the Prodesign head. Noss is a sponcer of Banshee HQ and gives you a 10% discount. Just look for his add at the top of the page.

studless5.jpg

nosshead4a.jpg

nosshead5.jpg

A timing plate replaces the stock plate that the stator bolts to. The holes are slotted and it has degree marks. It allows you to advance or retard the ignition or spark timing. Most people that run standard gas set theres at +4 degrees. Timing plate here in the US runs about 35 dollars

Stator Plate on Ebay LINK

8e_1.JPG

jbooker82: Thank you so much! You really helped me!

About changing the compression: Iam afraid, that if I will adjust the compression for more power, the motor won't last as long as stock :(

And once more about the suspension, do you have some pics of long travel suspension, mounted on a banshee? It seems good to me, but Iam afraid that than the front of my shee will sit too high.

i found this package, but the a arms are only +2, not +2+1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-Shocks...sspagenameZWDVW

and this standart travel package:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANSHEE-2-1...ksid=p1638.m118

Do you know some better suspension kits? Or cheaper?

The suspension seems to be a biggest prolem to choose...

jbooker82: Thank you so much! You really helped me!

About changing the compression: Iam afraid, that if I will adjust the compression for more power, the motor won't last as long as stock :(

Overhere in the us we can run 150 psi kicking compression on pump premium fuel 91-92 octane (r+m)/2.

Edited by jbooker82

Thanks for the great pic!

So: Why t5 instead of t6? I've red that t5 are good if you are gonna port and so on, but Iam not gonna. In my country I dont know anyone who knows how :) quads not so much popular here. And if so, than with a road numer.

And about the shocks. So if I buy wicked a arms and any elka shocks, it will fit And I dont need nothing else ? ie extended brake lines etc...

Thanks!

Edited by pepehaha

Thanks for the great pic!

So: Why t5 instead of t6? I've red that t5 are good if you are gonna port and so on, but Iam not gonna. In my country I dont know anyone who knows how :) quads not so much popular here. And if so, than with a road numer.

I guess stick to the t6's if your absolutly not going to port. A Port job is a huge jump in performance. It would be well worth the money to have your jugs shipped over here to USA.

I would get the T-5 pipes. You will end up wanting to get it ported soon enough. Trust me!!!

As for the shocks and a-arms.

All you need are the a-arms and the elka shocks. You might beable to use the stock brake lines not sure. Eather way the stainless brake lines preform and look better. If you go with the wicked a-arms.( thats what I have and love them) dont buy their brake lines. Get them somewhere elce.

With the elka shocks, you have to make sure that they are valved for the +2+1 a-arms

stock breaklines will work with +2 arms.

as far as the shocks go, with elka your simply buying there name. Works shocks will perform and last just as long as Elkas. Works have actually been around longer then elka if i remeber correctly. I know that works was out in the 70's. so they got some time under thier belt to make them right. but if your dead set on elkas id find used ones that way someone else has already spent the money and taken the hit on the name.

just make sure you look around at ebay and on here and at www.planetsand.com for used parts. and that 2500 will go pretty far. its once you start buying everything brand new is when you will see it disappear very fast

stock breaklines will work with +2 arms.

as far as the shocks go, with elka your simply buying there name. Works shocks will perform and last just as long as Elkas. Works have actually been around longer then elka if i remeber correctly. I know that works was out in the 70's. so they got some time under thier belt to make them right. but if your dead set on elkas id find used ones that way someone else has already spent the money and taken the hit on the name.

just make sure you look around at ebay and on here and at www.planetsand.com for used parts. and that 2500 will go pretty far. its once you start buying everything brand new is when you will see it disappear very fast

Well as I saw, there is a lot of people selling used works. But almost noone is selling used elkas. And if so, it's not because of replacing them with another shocks. But a lot of ppl is replacing works for elkas...Thats saying something.

About the used parts, Iam afraid that it will be garbage, and I cannot do anything bwhen I recieve a bad part. Because usa is very far from here.

Obviously, I would like as much upgrades as possible for that money, but I prefer the top quality. Used can be, but no non-functional. I pefer 3topupgrades rather than 7 bad, which would be replaced after a half year by that 3top parts.

As someone said "Iam not rich enought for buying cheap thinks". ut I cant compare, Ive never ridden any other shee than mine :) So any advices welcome, thank you!