Banshee on the dunes

meanv10

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i thought the thing was fast mostly have done trail ridding and been a few times in sand pits( mostly clay/sand mix not like silver) never on dunes though, but i have been reading so many topics about porting and stroking these things. don't have paddles yet was going to ask you guys what kind i should get? Silver has very fine powder sand (most of the time) also after putting on after market exhaust how do you what the right jets to run are without running lean? and if i have the factory exhaust on do i still have to buy spark arrestors

how often are you planning on going to the dunes? if you are just going to go once or twice a year then i would just get a cheap set of paddles. why spend big money on paddles if you are never going to use them. now if you think that you are going to go to the dunes alot then you might want to look into a better paddle.

for jetting... i just call the manufacturer of the pipe (toomey, PC, fmf, etc.) and tell them what mods what elevation and they give me a ball-park jet. then you can go from there. also there are some jetting gurus on here that can get you pretty close.

stock silencers already have a spark arrestor.

If i go up to silver with my banshee as much as i did with my truck it might be like every other weekend. My deal is that i dont want to get killed, it seemed like every time we were up there with our trucks some one on an atv or mainly dirt bike was being taken of the dunes by DNR on a stretchier and put in and ambulance (most of the time it was because they were being idiots) so im thinking i want to get a nice set of paddles then after a few trips exhaust, any suggestions on paddels.