Banshee on the dunes

meanv10

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost positive the TORS doesnt work, I base this statement on the fact that the connectors torm the tors housing are zip tied together disconnected, Was thinking about doing the the TORS removal and the rejet at the same time, I already have the KN pro Flow but still need to rejet. Also can you run aftermarket pipes with stock silencers and still get the power gains?

10 paddles is overkill, With a stock or just piped and filtered, 8 is plenty and wont rob so much top end from your motor.

8 paddle haulers will be perfect, then mowhawks in the front. As for pipes. What do want out the pipe? Low to mid, mid to high? I have FMF fatties Ill sell to ya.

10 paddles is overkill, With a stock or just piped and filtered, 8 is plenty and wont rob so much top end from your motor.

8 paddle haulers will be perfect, then mowhawks in the front. As for pipes. What do want out the pipe? Low to mid, mid to high? I have FMF fatties Ill sell to ya.

Go with 8 paddle haulers like the others said im running an aggressive dune port stock swinger and cpi's and when i launch in second I pull harder off the line than most the 4 strokes I race at silver. IMO 10 paddles will kill your top end. Go with Toomey's or FMF Fatties they are very similar in power delivery no matter what anyone says about FMF not being as good. Lookin forward to seeing u at silver next in the spring! :evil:

skate II's and dunesliders(or clone) are better duning than haulers and mowhawks... Now if you want to shoot the hill then go with the haulers and mowhawks. I know cause I have both and I'm going with 9 paddle extremes + Sliders for the front (getting rid of the mowhawks). I'd stick with v-paddle but my motor is a bit too much for them (Cub). I can still slide the 9's around well enough, its just more work but I do miss the ease of riding with Skate II's compared to haulers. I'm getting rid of the mowhawks because they don't float nearly as well as dunesliders and tend to dig in on sharp turns in the soft stuff which makes the bike eaiser to roll and harder manipulate and slide around.

Get CPI pipes if you might do more motor work later, othewise Tooms for FMF Fattys are fine. You will want to get matching silencers.

Sandstars will work for rears too, they are just heavier.

Also, I would use an OEM gasket. It's only a couple bucks.

TORS removal kit just gets rid of the funky carb tops, you would be better off saving your money for new carbs unless they piss you off.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I would get 10 paddle haulers. straight cut paddles are the best for going straight V's are the best at turning " carving the face"

and if you get a filter make sure you get an outter wear.

NO way 10 paddles is way to much for a stock shee

If you want straight cut(mainly for climbing hills and shooting straight) get an 8 paddle hauler

If you want to turn cehvron cut(for turning sharp and sliding) get the ITP sandstars or Skat Trak edges

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You have the air filter, that's good! Now how about removing the airbox lid to let it breath? More air + bigger jets for the bigger pipes = More Power. These mods welcome future motor/cylinder work. Sounds like the best paddle for you would be the Sandstars, they'll grip all around. I'd suggest a 10 paddle for a stroked Shee only. And though I luv my T5's I'd say go for the FMF Fatties who are to have same performance + they're silencers come with spark arrestors. T5's require bolt on sparky's that cost over $150. I have an FMF Fatty on the my kid's Blaster, it's badass!! Order the Outerwear for the filter from any vendor, everyone has them!

Ride the shit out of it and be safe. Don't shift that next gear if you don't feel comfortable. Don't worry bout competition just practice riding skills. You'll be ready for more upgrades once you get that down. When new top end is due you can get port & head work, aftermarket reeds, cluth & shifting mods!

Wikipedia's Banshee definition is the best sand bike ever!

So far i have bought and installed

- kn pro flow air filter

- FMF fatties with race cut silencers (that need spark arrestors)

- Tether kill switch

- Case saver

- sand skate 2's 8 paddle 20X11X9

- Rejeted to 280 mains

- replaced the j arm bushings

That's all i can think of right now.

The only problem im running into is the spark arrestors, i dont know what to do, i think there power core 2's but i haven't been able to find something to run. Any advise.

Call Magic Racing in Shelby Twp. MI...tell them what kind of silencers you have.

What you'll probably need to do is measure your silencer in two spots.

I know hey are oval. Measure OD from top to bottom,and OD from side to side.

They will get you what will fit.