What would you recomend me?

pepehaha

Hello,

this is great forum :)

I would like to ask you for advices about some things about my banshee. Firstly, where and what I ride.

I have almost a stock motor(just KN filter) in my shee. I ride just for fun, in woods, sometimes I go to mx track to hit some jumps, but really rarely and just for fun. Basically I ride in woods, sometimes on asphalth roads and all around :)

I would like you to recomend me few things:

1) Tires

What tires and where to buy online would you recomend me? The stock tires are gone and now Iam looking for some new tires.

2) mix ratio of oil : fuel?

Iam using a Castrol R2 oil, and I mix it 1:24 with fuel. Is it allright?

3) Pipes

I would like to buy a new pipes. Toomey T6 kit seems best to me, but the problem is with loudness. Does a hush kit help? How loud is a shee with T6's and hush kit compared to a stock bike?

4) Shocks

What shocks would you recomend me? And where to buy online? I don't wanna extreemeely expensive such as elkas, somethink like works? What type? Dual, triple rate? Where to buy them?

Thank you very much!!!

Edited by pepehaha

whats up man.. you can do a search here for all of those things and it will keep ypu busy reading for hours, this site is full of info, yea its great..

Most will recommend Maxxis Razor's, they are said to be great tires and last pretty long, Ive had holeshots xcr's and they are good but they wear pretty fast, doing dounts and the street prob doesnt help though :biggrin:

For the pipes, there are so many good pipes out there, I have T5s and they are great.. T6's would be a great choice if you dont plan and going crazy with engine mods on your shee, and yes they are loud, almost any aftermarket pipe you buy is goin to 10x louder than stock, I believe that toomey's hush kit does help alot....

Just keep searching here, more than likely and question that you have, has been answered numerous times....

Oo0 and shocks, I personally think if you are a weekend warrior like myself works would be a good choice if you dont want to go for the extra on the elka's... My brother has had works on his 250r and they are sweet.. I have works G-series, they look sweet but I havent ridden them yet...

For the price that you can get a set of works, you cant go wrong.

http://www.worksperformance.com/html/home.html

Edited by wacko2000

Weldome to the HQ...

Tires...Maxxis..like wacko2000 said

OIl...Most people mix at 32:1...seems that the cylinders last longer with less wear on them

Pipes....anything is better than stock. T5 and T6's seem to be pretty loud...I have Pro Circuit platinums with T304 silencers and they are pretty sweet sounding...

Shocks..Anything is better than st5ock.. works shocks are pretty good for the money.

Do Like Wacko2000 said and do a search on everything you may have a question about and I'm pretty sure you will find more than enough info that what youre looking for.

Handeling mods are a key factor when owning and riding a Banshee. Remember we who own Banshees are 20 years behind on technology as far as the 450rs go. +2+1 Chromoly a-arms and a good pair of front shocks will help you gain speed and a more comfterble ride. Less arm pump bars ripping out of your hands ect. Now Works shocks are much better than stock for sure but if you spend the extra 350 on Elkas with Piggybacks you will know where that extra money went. I wouldnt recomend Axis for a weekend warroir but always remember you get what you pay for.

Tires Razr II all around (Stock wheels should be fine) they last a very long time are very hard to pop in any condition and they hook and slide like crazy

T6s are a very good choice but so are T5s Pro Circut Paul Turner Mids or FMF. I am currently running the TR6s and I love them but I will be switching to PT Mids when I get my stroker crank and port job to match.

Oil 32:1 is perfect.

2 other cheap and great mods are to get your head shaved for more compression and get a Timing plate and advance that sucker to +4 both of those mods totgether will be 100.00 US tops and they are great mods. You can also buy or save up for a Noss head witch is the best way to go.

For shocks, you dont need elkas. Those are top of the line and very expensive. Just do some searching and you will find many other cheaper options that are way better than stock.

stay away from the yfz450 shocks/a-arms. They are garbage! I am getting rid of mine soon.

Edited by RagunCajun

I am on the same boat myself. I have a totally stock Shee and i ride forests, dunes or flat feilds just fun riding. Im going for a FMF Gold seris system and a boost bottle as the low end power isnt that great. Not to fussed on shocks unless i got them quite cheap. I feel i will never beable to ride my banshee the way it is designed to be riden and that the aftermarket game is a case of when u buy one thing where do you stop?? I am so pleased with my stock banshee overall but the Fmf will top it nicely for me.

I am on the same boat myself. I have a totally stock Shee and i ride forests, dunes or flat feilds just fun riding. Im going for a FMF Gold seris system and a boost bottle as the low end power isnt that great. Not to fussed on shocks unless i got them quite cheap. I feel i will never beable to ride my banshee the way it is designed to be riden and that the aftermarket game is a case of when u buy one thing where do you stop?? I am so pleased with my stock banshee overall but the Fmf will top it nicely for me.

Let me be the first to tell you to stay away from the bottle!! They do nothing except crack your intake boots, making your engine seize.

Thank you very much for ur time!

So next questions :)

How loud are T6's with hush kit compared to a stock bike, and compared to other aftermarket pipes?

What do you think about this?

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/AL210-110-G-KIT.html

Good price, but shocks only dual rate, without reservoir. Are they good? And, the a arms are just +2, not +2+1...

Thoughts?

And would you recomend me another good kit a arms + shocks but for less than 1000$.

By the way, is it really good improvement, that +2 a arms? What does it feel liketo ride on a shee with +2 aarms compared to stock one? Iam afraid that my shee will be too wide in woods...Unfortunately, here in Czech republic where do I live, I don't know any banshee in my area :(

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you very much for ur time!

So next questions :)

How loud are T6's with hush kit compared to a stock bike, and compared to other aftermarket pipes?

What do you think about this?

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/AL210-110-G-KIT.html

Good price, but shocks only dual rate, without reservoir. Are they good? And, the a arms are just +2, not +2+1...

Thoughts?

And would you recomend me another good kit a arms + shocks but for less than 1000$.

By the way, is it really good improvement, that +2 a arms? What does it feel liketo ride on a shee with +2 aarms compared to stock one? Iam afraid that my shee will be too wide in woods...Unfortunately, here in Czech republic where do I live, I don't know any banshee in my area :(

Thank you very much

Im posting these ASR A-ARMS Because Ive heard alot of great things about them on here. Im sure someone who owns a set will chime in. They come with EVERYTHING.

Plus if you bend it or break the arm itself for ANY reason it will be replaced free of charge under Lifetime Structural Warranty!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ASR-Banshee...tem180187130883

This is a good buy it now for some Elkas with Piggybacks. Standerd Elkas come without Piggybacks but they need rebuilt more often because they dont have an oil resivior. Plus if you want Compression and Rebound adjustments you can always send them back to Elka and have the install these adjustments for a few extra hundred. This is a little over 1K but its a damn good setup.

+2 arms are still an improvment from stock but the 1" forward really does help it stand up to par for yamaha's lack of design on the Banshee. My Banshee with +2+1 Lonestar Racing A-Arms and Elka Elites handle like a dream. Much more stable through the corners it keep the wheels to the ground and for the Arms you can always adjust them if you get the caster/camber option. I saved up for almost a year to buy all of this stuff and Im more than thrilled I did. Seeing as you already have the money you can still get the best setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-Front-...tem120187907638

TR6s are loud along with anyother aftermarket pipe but so are those damn 450s with sparks pipes. Louder than a piped Banshee anyway. Plus if you ever want to port the Banshee the TR6s are not the pipe for a port job T5s and all of the pipes I listed above are good all around pipes and all love porting.

BTW The +2+1 A Arms will effect your riding by making it more stable and out there in the woods the tracks are all able to handle the extra 4 inches and they feel alot better. I was worried about the same thing but tight windy trails are usualy around the 54-56 inch range and youll be rite around 48 inches.