Thinking of getting a Blaster for The lady?

faeman66

I know this is not a blaster site but you all have helped me.....A lot.

I found a 2001 blaster that I can pick up for $900.00 looks good,rides even better, new tires!

I don't know if its to good to be true or the old man thats got it up for sale doesn't know what he's got!

I just was wondering if any of you have any tips on what to look out for. Any Blaster problems that you see all the time

Thanks

blasters are a good starter 2 stroke, main things to look for are the brakes like mentioned, and keep an eye on all the cotter pins, that are holding in the pins for the shocks and such, they can rust out over time and possible bad news afterward. definitely get the injection block off

900 is about average for a used blaster, I'm going to be picking one up that needs tires but has a pipe and carb and a couple other little trinkets that he's asking 700 for it. I'll probably get it for 6

That's a really good deal, assuming all in good working order.

Might want to check that top end compression. Look into that Oil Block off kit which is simple & in expensive.. Another thing I didn't like was the rear stock balloon knobbies, they're kinda typsi..

Report back accordingly, let's see wutcha got! My kid got the same Blaster as her early Xmas!

OK

I picked it up! She loves it! It runs great and it looks great! It has the FMF fatty pipe! This thing is a wheelie Monster....well I havent rode a bike with out a +2 Swingarm for a long time. Not a bad find for $900.00

I already orderd a block of kit!