kinda hard to prove.unless we were at a quarter mile track.you see i have done all gearing experiments on 8th and quarter mile tracks a 15 tooth front will not get you 100 mph.we have been through this year in and year out.wether it is next your buddies r6. or his turbo fiesta.it is not happening.take your bike to an asphalt track. you will be surprised.

i did last wed i ran 7.4 at 96 in the 1/8th im gona run again when i get my motor in

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

with a 17 44 gear you can exceed 100 + if you have enough motor

i ran 15 40 and did 96 in the 1/8th and played with my buddys r6 and ran 115 beside him

:yelrotflmao: I love the people that say "oh i got a banshee that will do 110" why is it everyone says this shit?? Oh god, what is done to your bike?? Cause obviously im doin something wrong..id guess my bike to be somewhere around 80-85 horses and i always thought i would go faster but like NYUK says go to the track and you will be suprised...i would say he has the most experience on asphalt on this site, ive been goin and still trying to get it down for 3 years now. I run 59x10x10 hoosiers which i believe are right at 19" maybe 20" tall with 17/44 gearing 1-6 overide and i got to 84 like i already said and that was only a 7.96 pass.....now correct me if im wrong but if your runnin 96mph in the 1/8th and only got a 7.4 something sounds a little wrong to me :confused: what are your 60' times?? Mine suck cause i have no bar, im runin 1.9's sometimes 2's which are horrible!

Chime in NYUK what should his estimated et be if he is actually runnin 96mph?

:yelrotflmao: I love the people that say "oh i got a banshee that will do 110" why is it everyone says this shit?? Oh god, what is done to your bike?? Cause obviously im doin something wrong..id guess my bike to be somewhere around 80-85 horses and i always thought i would go faster but like NYUK says go to the track and you will be suprised...i would say he has the most experience on asphalt on this site, ive been goin and still trying to get it down for 3 years now. I run 59x10x10 hoosiers which i believe are right at 19" maybe 20" tall with 17/44 gearing 1-6 overide and i got to 84 like i already said and that was only a 7.96 pass.....now correct me if im wrong but if your runnin 96mph in the 1/8th and only got a 7.4 something sounds a little wrong to me :confused: what are your 60' times?? Mine suck cause i have no bar, im runin 1.9's sometimes 2's which are horrible!

Chime in NYUK what should his estimated et be if he is actually runnin 96mph?

first run time slip and the only one i have found no override wit ha +4 swinger and 2 ply flattrack tires

8.2 at 87.23

post-23385-1190233135.jpg

first run time slip and the only one i have found no override wit ha +4 swinger and 2 ply flattrack tires

8.2 at 87.23

well kinda hard to see but anyways so how tall are your tires?? What is your engine setup? how bout rider weight? 60' times?? i cant see them...

well kinda hard to see but anyways so how tall are your tires?? What is your engine setup? how bout rider weight? 60' times?? i cant see them...

i know im tryen to load at image shack and im looken hella hard for my last time slip

if i cant get it im bolting my 421 back in and going and getting more times

i weigh 150 drag ported 421 20 inch tires that swell to 22 under high speed

i have never run 60 times and it was the first time for me at the track i didnt even know what red lights were when you take off till they told me

i know im tryen to load at image shack and im looken hella hard for my last time slip

if i cant get it im bolting my 421 back in and going and getting more times

i weigh 150 drag ported 421 20 inch tires that swell to 22 under high speed

i have never run 60 times and it was the first time for me at the track i didnt even know what red lights were when you take off till they told me

ok so im guessin a cub right?? what pipes? +4 swinger sounds pretty damn short for that engine draggin on VHT. do you run a bar? 150lb rider makes it a little more believable but still thats damn near 11,000 rpms!

ok so im guessin a cub right?? what pipes? +4 swinger sounds pretty damn short for that engine draggin on VHT. do you run a bar? 150lb rider makes it a little more believable but still thats damn near 11,000 rpms!

421 rdz drag ported case port , shearer inframes, billet intakes 35 strikers , 8" pods 20 cc domes 112 fuel stock trans with shift star mod +8 timming +4 swinger flat track tires 2 ply , Bar?? wheelie bar? no. the swinger was lacking for sure on pavement, my best time of that night was 7 4 at 95.83 . i never could get keep the front down till about 4th so i guess a +6 is needed for pavemnt but its my play bike so i didnt worry with it .the motor i think is sold i think , i hate t osee it go was the fastet 421 i had ever ridden rob said around 100 hp on race gas

421 rdz drag ported case port , shearer inframes, billet intakes 35 strikers , 8" pods 20 cc domes 112 fuel stock trans with shift star mod +8 timming +4 swinger flat track tires 2 ply , Bar?? wheelie bar? no. the swinger was lacking for sure on pavement, my best time of that night was 7 4 at 95.83 . i never could get keep the front down till about 4th so i guess a +6 is needed for pavemnt but its my play bike so i didnt worry with it .the motor i think is sold i think , i hate t osee it go was the fastet 421 i had ever ridden rob said around 100 hp on race gas

that motor will pull 18 38 gears easily. would need at least a+10 for asphalt. with your weight you would be in the 6 `s easily.

i think what we are all missing is it doesnt matter if your shee has 3000 horsepower or ten........... mathmatics say a banshee transmission with so and so gearing and such and such tires will go so fast at so many rpm's, more horsepower means you get to top end sooner, so mods dont mean shit.........now if a banshee two cycle motor hits a certain rpm it will implode and actually spin backwards.(ive seen drag shee's that will spin 10,500 with a vicious over rev) your 20 inch tire might balloon to 20 and 3/8's when you hit 70mph but thats not going to get you another 20 mph......and when you went down your street wide open in 6th and the wind was in your hair, it felt like you were doing 120mph but really you were maybe going 72mph (if your street is long) and you can handle the head shake.........

that motor will pull 18 38 gears easily. would need at least a+10 for asphalt. with your weight you would be in the 6 `s easily.

That's more like it. At those speeds it would be in the 6's on 1/8th mile asphalt track. A 7.4 1/8 ml. pass that would pull all the way through the 1/4 would be 11.4 or better at around 108-111, maybe 114. You would need some serious gearing, and HP(95+) to get it.