Wrecked my banshee while sitting still

chappy

Alright here goes ,Me and a buddy were out riding at his farm him on his blaster and me on my shee and we had been riding the trails and what not in the woods and were at the far end of his property so we ended up at the road so we thought we would shoot down the road back to his driveway to cool them down a little since there is never any traffic around there.Well of course my shee is way ahead of him so I get to the front of his house and stop on the yellow line to let him take the lead back to his trails and I'm sitting there for like 15-20 seconds waiting on a perfectly flat road and I hear tires sqealing so I turn around and he is headed right for me ,I turn around to take off and he hits me.Well it throws me off my shee and he actually is able to stay on his blaster somehow.Well then the quads are stuck together like a couple of humping dogs so I try to help him get them apart but I'm in too much pain so I just let him get it.I limp up to his barn and check out the damage and my brand new helmet is all road rashed up,and it bent my rear grab bar,light bar,broken tail light,broke the piece off my frame that holds the rear fender on,broke my back fender all the way down the seat,bent my axle slightly,broke the hanger off my LRD silencer and shoved the front of the stinger half way through the silencer.My injuries were road rash, a sprained wrist,sprained fingers,sprained back by rotating my vertibrae,and fractured my wrist.So after the accident I ask him what the hell he was doing and he says he wasn't paying attention and it looked like I was still moving and when he realized I wasn't,he paniced and jammed on the rear brakes cause he doesn't have fronts and lost control hitting me while wide open in 5th gear.The thing of it is I wasn't even in front of him ever,I was in the left lane and he was in the right and he had the whole road to go by me on so why jam on his brakes.Well lesson learned,don't ever let him ride behind me again.Oh he also said I if I had a brake light ,He would have known I was stopped.and there was no damage to the blaster,must be made pretty tuff huh.

Reason's like this is why I ALWAYS have Full coverage Insurance. Never know when you will get hit by someone not thinking. So is your friend going to fix you Banshee at least? I know I would be sending Him a Invoice for the damages.

yeah i would definitely be asking him to pay for at least half the damages for being so stupid. ive only done something like that once on 1 of my sleds. we were coming up to a road that we cross to go into a field and you can see the traffic coming both ways and it was clear so i was ready to just keep going. my sisters boyfriend wanted to stop for some reason and check both ways even though he knew no traffic was coming. so he jammed on the brakes and locked up the track and i slid into the back of him after locking up my track as well. no damage to either sleds but i was pissed nonetheless. thank god we were only doing about 15 mph.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is pretty shitty! Hopefully he helps you pay for the damages, I would be pretty pissed off if one of my friends did that and they didn't help pay, but that IMO,lol

i always thought fist up was a right turn , fist down is stop.

Well on a bike, there is nothing to the side of you, just air..If you put your arm down on a bike its easy to notice. On a quad however you have the rear fenders, front fenders, whatever else in the way and some people would think you just have you arm resting down. At least when you have your fist up, like 90 degrees...most people behind will see that arm up in the air and should wonder why you have it in the air..and will probably slow down/stop being, beside you....that just my thought :biggrin:

That definitely sucks man!... We had a scenario like that here a few years ago... Little brother had just gotten a Brand new 00 Blaster.. and him anda buddy of his who also hadda new Blaster were ridin out front here... his buddy was stopped in the yard...Lil bro wasnt paying attention and creamed him the same way but no where near as fast... and yea... it was a weird sound.. but kinda funny cause u should have seen the look on my lil bros face...it was priceless...lol.. But that sucks to hear.. hopefully he will help u get it fixed at least...

• 7 months later...

something similar like tht happened to me recently to i wasnt on my shee tht was gettin a clutch put in so i was riding my 08 trx450er a week of owning it and me and a few friends were hitten some jumps and i was turnin around and be for i knew it a flying warrior hit me (suprise)i was pretty pissed he bent my rim pretty bad almost looking like a pringle no damage to his quad but i had to pay for the rim =[