My Banshee Caught on Fire.

fracas

I was riding at a local spot Ive know all my life. Well I was going threw the trails then I noticed my leg getting hotter than it should. So I jump'd off and looked at my leg. And there was nothing. I then looked up and Seen my bike on fire. I didnt know what to do. There wasnt any water so I started throwing Dirt, rocks, leaves, hell anything I could pick up. I just rebuilt the bike and it was the 3rd time to go out since the motor was broke in. Yes I have FUll covarage insurance. But Im not sure if they will total my bike or fix it. What do you think?

Im Sad because this was my 1st Banshee and God was I Impressed with how they handle and the Power. But I think IM going to move on to another 4 stroke.

HPIM1456.jpg

HPIM1459.jpg

HPIM1458.jpg

Gol damn, let me be the first to say, that sucks! Never seen anything like that before, and I've run on some hot days with low coolant. Defiantely a emss, but it is fixable, I never knew you could get comprehensive coverage for ATVs, I've only ever heard of liability.

This is truely hard to look at. I think i will go look for a small fire extinguisher to keep with me while i ride from now on. Yikes....

I dont know how insurance works, im looking into getting coverage for my bikes as well. I'm thinking they look at blue book and cut a check or something.

They are talking about Blue Book on my Bike. Some where in between $2100 And $2800. But I have a $500 Dec. SO I can see Progressive tring to give me something like $1800. I have a friend with a Raptor for sale. His wife left him and he has been selling everything cheap. SO I might get it.

Anything will get you around if you need an ATV.

Ask him to let you ride it first. Take it thru some trails & climbs. A friend has one & I don't like it.

It's really heavy & slides when trying to corner around cliff trails [kinda scarry].

Because the topend of the bike is heavy it also tends to be tipsy when doing some climbs & whooping it around. I can see the convinience of electric start but see no purpose for reverse.

Either way, hope you get back to riding!! That's what it's all about!